Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Lock question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Line Lock question

was wanting to build my own linelock system with Sam Biondo's solinoid and was wondering if you need to install it as close the the master cylinder as possible and if there was anything that you could do to make it look nicer. Was wanting to paint it silver or white or black, somthing so that it dosnt stand out so much under the hood. was also thinking of installing it somewhere really low so that you cant see it, dont like it when i open the hood and see somthing sticking to the fender that is aftermarket. Any help? thanks!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful where you mount it, you NEED it secured to the body, do not let it hang supported by lines. Do not mount them close to high-heat sources. You can paint them. See attached picture of one of our kits where the customer painted our kit black to color match the engine bay.

If you haven't purchased the solenoid yet, you may want to consider our kit which is 125.99. You'll end up spending close to that by the time you purchase flaring tool, bender, solenoid, fittings, wire, LED indicator, switches, fuse etc, not to mention the time it will take to gather everything you need.

If you've already purchased the solenoid, we do offer the lines alone for ~50.00 preformed with correct OEM master/modulator fittings (we do not use adapters). You'll still need additional components, but at least it will be one step easier for you.

You'd have to purchase the lines from the net right now...obviously, I'm not in the office at this time of the evening. If the order was in by 10am EST tomorrow morning, it would ship tomorrow as well. All kits and components are always in stock and ship within 24 business hours.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Line Lock question-ls1-sjm-2b001fm.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah i thought about you guys when i was looking to get one, but i already had all the stuff and tools to make. what i was wanting to do is make it a one off custom, i guess becuase i like the challenge, anyways thanks for the help
Old 08-01-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have pics of my linelock mounted yet but I did it like the rear, I ran it under the master cylinder then the line lock is mounted under the frame rail so its all hidden. You can hardley see any of the brake lines now. Also I don't think it matters where you mount the line lock as far as distance from master cylinder but your brake lines are right there at the front of your K Member, that is where I run them under the fram and they go together and into the line lock under the frame rail then a single line runs back under to the master cylinder. btw I have deleted ABS.
Here is what I did with mine on the rear:

Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

that was the area i was talking about! thanks for the pix!!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

very nice. i'll have some pictures of how i got mine done tomorrow, i ran into alittle bit of a roadblock with the flairing the ends, i wasnt able to hide it as much as i wanted but i'm trying to make it look "stockish" to the non-diehard f-bod fan
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-09-2007, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

some pictures of the final results

Old 08-09-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks good. I had trouble finding it at first.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

thank you, that was what i was aiming for