Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to know why the original opponent backed out. Anyone know?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Addict

Honestly I don't care about the reasons that caused it to flop. Thats between PSJ, Rich (homo), and the sponsors.

Now, if I would have showed up with a really nice looking car from a HUGE site expecting to run a nice car (original guys or not) and they wanted me to now run a turd of a car no matter what make or model it was I woud laughed my head off and gone home. It would have been a joke.

Call up SVT Performance and get a race with them.

Whats with PINKS and 10.50 cars? Get some fast stuff on there, like when they had that old Vette and Nova.... Is 10.5 some magic number or something?

It will be hard getting LS1tech'ers to come out to the next one (I am sure the sponsors will demand one haha) after this. Just hard to get people to come out when not much at all can result in people going home with no race. I almost decided to go but am glad I saved myself the 6-7 hours total of driving.

Also telling BIG sites to bring a 10.50 car is a JOKE, honestly if it was me I would have laughed at that if I was PSJ. I knew something was up when the car was not caged.

Line something up with SVT Performance, have it locked in before hand and go all out and agree to both bring 8.X cars and we both know they will not bring some peice of crap.

I am honestly shocked that PINKS did not want LS1tech to race them.....
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
The mustang was suppose to be a 8.80 car but that thing was a POS. It was more of a 11.0 car. They could of raced the mustang but it would of sucked because the rustang had trouble starting and when they did there last burnout the balancer pulley flew off and was going down the track. The guys at PINKS need to try and get cars that are put together better and run close to each other. I an sorry but I don't want to see a POS running I want to see nice well put together cars so if they lose they are getting a nice car and vice versa. I mean the people that put together a turd and come on there and dont care if they lose cause there not out much and if they win well they get a nice car.
Sure, but why not take a free car anyway, make the sponsors happy by kicking some *** on TV that donated parts instead of wasting all that time and effort. I can see not wanting to race a shitbox but then why go street race the car against the same kind of shitboxes and risk getting the car impounded or someone getting hurt.

I'm just not seeing the logic..
Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

so lemme get this strait... ls1tech didn't raceon TV because teh car that they were gonna potentially win was a POS not worth the gas to haul home, that I get. But then someone got the great idea to go race the car the site built on the street afterwards?

That's sad..... I feel bad for the people that donated parts towards the car if that is the case. That's just not needed BS, the car should have been brought home, and wait until the show gets their act together and gets you a race, bring it to memphis to race in one of the classes there... not go beat it up on the street
Old 08-12-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll admit when I walked aound that lot 3 or 4 times looking for the Tech car I was disappointed. In retrospect that mustang was a big POS and not worth the effort. I can see putting up the 20K to make the race worth it, that would have made the stakes more worthwhile, but not everybody has 20K layin in their pockets. IMO Pinks kinda dropped the ball on the matchup.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Sure, but why not take a free car anyway, make the sponsors happy by kicking some *** on TV that donated parts instead of wasting all that time and effort. I can see not wanting to race a shitbox but then why go street race the car against the same kind of shitboxes and risk getting the car impounded or someone getting hurt.

Best post I've seen in this thread. If you've got the guts to go and street race with all that sponsor money in a car, risk being caught, and getting bad press put towards all those sponsors. Then I'd think you'd be willing to to run a junked out car, and at least get widespread positive air time for the sponsors.

Just calling it as I see it, not trying to **** anyone off...
Old 08-12-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kp

I always question the wisdom of street racing, but as far as racing at the track goes, if the risk/reward is not there because the other car is not of near or equal value, then backing out is the prudent move IMO.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just have one question?

How many of you would put YOUR car up against a car that supposidly runs 8s? You know nothing about it other then it looks like a pile of crap and the owener is claiming it runs 8s? You were suppossed to run a car equal to yours but now you are running a car that should run 8s and they will not play ball?

How many of you would gamble your car on that?

I will agree I think the street racing thing is out but hey that is what you guys do back there. Here they take your car and sell it and you MIGHT get out of jail in a few days..along with the people who were watching...
Old 08-12-2007, 12:21 PM
12 Second Club

If and when something gets scheduled will we know before hand. If i drive out to Memphis or wherever and see no LS1tech car I'll go crazy .
And also I think SVTPerformance would be a way better race as mentioned before. No wonder they back out. A supercharged mustang gt or whatever it was wouldnt stand a chance and besides who wants a mustang gt. Call up SVTPerformance and get a race and bring home a real car. If your lookin for an equal value race.. Honestly is there any mustang worth as much as an LS1 camaro. I dont think so
Old 08-12-2007, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Me and 2 friends drove 9 hours round trip, spent hundreds of dollars on hotel rooms, gas, food, fuel, etc, walked around the whole place 3 times looking for the ls1tech car, and when it wasn't there we were ready to leave.

Every person we asked 2nd night said something different. First it was " there were never any camaros lined up, there are 2 races per night " then it was " yeah we saw that white camaro running earlier, there are suppost to be 4 races tonight so stay and watch it will show up"

Then, we found a really funny drunk guy in VIP, talked to him for a while, and numerous speed girls that would have put me in jail . Give a drunk person a mission and they will fullfil. He found out that there were only 2 races that night, and brought us back free t-shirts

All in all, a disappointment. We went there to see ls1tech only (not knowing they even filmed more than one episode at once) and went home upset. Good to know mustangs can really hold up to their word

As far as the street racing thing, I can see it from both points. LS1tech guys were pissed that they drove SEVERAL hours, let alone put in a ton of time and money for this thing. I'm sure they just wanted to run the car some. However, definatly a dumb move (not saying I wouldn't have done it, because I would have) Sponsors names written all over the car, racing around cops and gravel. Luckily the cops did show up and obviously let you off, otherwise you may have slid on gravel and stacked it up against something all for what? A "for fun race?" Didn't want to race against a crapbox mustang because there was no value in it, yet you're willing to wreck the thing for nothing.

Not really your fault though guys, If I had that car and was racing against a "8.8" mustang I wouldn't have done it for slips either. Cash yes, but if they deny like they did what can you do about it. Wish you guys would have stuck around though, I'm sure that malibu or nova would have raced you. That race was obviously out of the blue and from desperation, since the Malibu guys didn't know they were still going to have their car.

If only I would have known, I'd have spent a few hundred bucks on mods instead of disappointment.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLowETz
The way I'm reading it is that PSJ offered up to $20k for an even race and PINK's couldn't get it done.
WHy offer 20k and not put the car on the line? I've seen them make unmatched cars somewhat fair, that is what the negotiations were for.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Checkmate
WHy offer 20k and not put the car on the line? I've seen them make unmatched cars somewhat fair, that is what the negotiations were for.
Their negotiations are BS. I would never run on that show just because of the fact that rich always has a favorite and he does the negotiating FOR you. Plus if it was actually an 8.8 car against a 10.5 car that 8.8 car would catch up so fast at the end it wouldn't be right. Running the slower car is always a lose lose situation.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

the LS1tech crew made the right decision IMO.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:25 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by revtime
And try not to be so cocky with a car you conned sponsors into building for you. And until those sponsors get some good TV air time thats exactly what you did.

Just my 2 cents. I would have run the shitbox mustang anyway. You didn't pay to build the car. Sponsors paid to build the car so they could be seen on Pinks. Now thats probably never gonna happen.
Who are the real losers in all of this?
Best post in the thread

They fell in love with their free race car and didnt want to give it away, I probably would have done the same thing though
Old 08-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by kp
Best post in the thread

They fell in love with their free race car and didnt want to give it away, I probably would have done the same thing though

free? might want to ask PSJ that... he has all the paper work and has paid for over 75% of the car, so try again.

"taking a break from the internet" hahahahahahhahahahhahh
Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

pinks has always been a joke i would never race on pinks unless it was pinks all out. all i have to say is props for the ls1 tech team and to all the sponsors even though you did not get your name on tv just think of the people that saw the car at the track and how many mesage boards its going to brought up on. save the car for the lsx shootout
Old 08-12-2007, 01:35 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
free? might want to ask PSJ that... he has all the paper work and has paid for over 75% of the car, so try again.

"taking a break from the internet" hahahahahahhahahahhahh
PSJ told me he didnt have a lot tied up in the car, so who is lying him or you?
Old 08-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
pinks has always been a joke i would never race on pinks unless it was pinks all out. all i have to say is props for the ls1 tech team and to all the sponsors even though you did not get your name on tv just think of the people that saw the car at the track and how many mesage boards its going to brought up on. save the car for the lsx shootout
thats the plan! we are taking it to the lsx shootout and might even race the original mustang that we were supposed to there!

kp.... i know for a FACT that psj has a ton of money into it.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:47 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
thats the plan! we are taking it to the lsx shootout and might even race the original mustang that we were supposed to there!

kp.... i know for a FACT that psj has a ton of money into it.
lol, probably about the same of money invested as the fabled 8.80 5000.00 mustang.

Honestly I can care less, if you can build a race car for next to nothing why not go with it. I'm just a little lost how your opponent has an 8.80 car one minute and the next its a 3000.00 11.00 shitbox. Did Pinks say how much the cars have to be worth?

I knew it wasnt going to happen anyhow, anything that involved PSJ and a dragstrip usually doesnt happen
Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

no matter what happened it was nice meeting you guys last night. sorry everything didn't work out better. hope my directions got everyone where they were going

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks