Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

View Video on FQuick

Car looked like it would do ok on the street to me. Bottom line, if it was me, it would not have been on the line for a heap.

Also as far as sponsor exposure goes, rumor has it that the car will be featured in GMHTP, which if you ask me, is better exposure than Pinks. Im sure more people prepared to spend money with sponsors are subscribed to GMHTP than watch pinks.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM

BTW... Just spoke with PSJ and he confirmed that he has about 70-75 percent of the car and he is also contacting the sponsors and offering to "settle up".

Again to all the members sorry, and thanks for the support.

We are planning on taking the car to the track a ton before the LSX shootout and posting vids etc...
Old 08-12-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bet that up
Old 08-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Fiery Features Director

Unless you were there and you know the whole "behind the scenes" discussions, then you really don't have anything to say at all. There is a lot more to it than just "line up two cars and race for titles". I will admit, I went into this thinking that the main guy of that show was a joke. However, after having a quite detailed discussion with him face to face, I have a somewhat different opinion. I do think the way certain things were handled was (in as few words as possible) bull $hit, but it was all put out there and the decision was very simple. If you don't like it... walk. Everyone on both sides agreed that it was in our best interest and I think we made a good call. I don't really view the show any differently than I did before. I knew what we were walking into from the get go. I do have a better understanding of how things run on their side though.

Even though, we all had a good time hanging out and I am sure the car won't go to waste
Old 08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sand bag racing sucks! I hate hearing all that LOUD bitching between both teams trying to come to a spotted car length agreement.

The best episode was when the winner gave the car back to the poor young guy that lost.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Just got back to Houston, I'm tired. This weekend pretty much sucked racing-wise, but we still had fun anyways.

KP, it sure seems like you have grown a little grudge against LS1TECH recently, I'm not sure what causes your negative replies here. You weren't standing there during the negotiations, and you also didn't see how things went down in person. FYI, the owners of the Mustang claimed it ran 8.80s on the bottle, 10.2s on motor. They had us covered without the bottle. They also refused to open the trailer and show anyone the car. Probably because they knew it was a $5K shitbox, and they were salivating over the opportunity to win a $25K Camaro with all brand new parts. Even the show staff at the hotel told us this Mustang was basically a $5K car with a $15K engine, and admitted they knew the car ran a little quicker than ours. But, when the owners do not show the car, and claim 8.80s, and won't negotiate running off a kit, or won't negotiate running for money up to the value of the cheaper vehicle, it just left a bad impression. LS1TECH didn't want any part of that mess, it wasn't what we were originally promised.

The mod-motor car we were supposed to race was to have been a whipple or KB blown car capable of bottom 10s, and was supposed to be a nice looking car too. That is what we were promised. Had PSJ called up the show and said "hey can we race a car on the show?" and there was no theme but the suggestion to bring a 10.50 car, we would have built a 10.50 shitbox that was cobbled together from used parts. Probably could have had a car for less than $10K total invested.

As for those of you who showed up to the race and didn't get to see our car run, we apologize sincerely. There were 20 team members there for this car, we came from Texas, Louisiana, Illinois and a few others. We also spent thousands of dollars in hotels and travel costs for nothing. We were VERY pissed about this, and there was some very heated discussions in the hotel lobby with the show staff. You guys might also think it is pretty lame how we found out we were cut, Nate sent a TEXT MESSAGE to inform us that we were not racing. They even removed our names from the entry list at the event, and told us to "go home".

Personally, I don't blame Rich at all here. You guys bashing him are being asses. This wasn't his fault, and we had a good discussion with him afterwards. I feel this drama was more closely related to the two brothers that do the casting on the show, and taking things too personal. I feel like those two dropped the ball on getting us what we agreed on, and not even having an equivalent backup car on standby for a similar late model/website themed race. The matchup here just sucked, and these guys made it seem like LS1TECH was just some bullshit little group of guys and that their show was all that mattered.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

FYI - even Nate's brother whateverhisnameis kept telling me OVER AND OVER "I know exactly what the car runs, and it's not 8.90's It CAN go that fast, but we told him to bring a 10.50 tuneup." He also said "Why would you CARE how fast it goes?" He also stated it's a "5000 dollar car with a 15,000 motor" .. Based on that, what conclusion would you walk away with?

As for the street racing, some of us didn't stay the whole night, but quite honestly that road was scary. Nary a light anywhere, dust and gravel everywhere, and gallons of VHT going up in flames for no apparent reason. I saw a knocking LT1 run slow, I saw a blower LS1 Trans Am run slow, I saw some rice, and that's 'bout it. I'm guessing the faster stuff came out later in the morning?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...t=MVI_0446.flv
Old 08-12-2007, 02:57 PM

it was fun meeting tony , brains , madman, zangel and who ever else i missed.
everyone was awesome, including all the kc locals (besides the tools that are arguing with me on here)

the car will be around, it will be raced at many many many events.

and as far as the road etc... we made a 600 ft blast just for everyone to at least see the car go.

btw guys.. i have a great ******* video of owning nate at our hotel last night at about 5 am
Old 08-12-2007, 03:02 PM

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Nate_Fr...g_Owned__/2980

well since someone posted already.....

btw, nate raced his blue mustang against my buddies bbc camaro and they called it a draw. so that was why we are ripping on him.

and i also locked in a 1000 race against his car in chicago, whenever hes ready.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Fiery Features Director

I wish I would have been there for that one. He wasn't there when I had the talk with Rich.

BTW -- How's the van running? You missed one hell of a party in the lobby before all the great "racing".
Old 08-12-2007, 03:09 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Just got back to Houston, I'm tired. This weekend pretty much sucked racing-wise, but we still had fun anyways.

KP, it sure seems like you have grown a little grudge against LS1TECH recently, I'm not sure what causes your negative replies here.
I'm flattered my opinion means so much to you, I have no grudge against anyone.

I honestly find it all very entertaining, well except for the poor guys that spent their own money and time to see a race that didnt happen.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by kp
I'm flattered my opinion means so much to you, I have no grudge against anyone.

I honestly find it all very entertaining, well except for the poor guys that spent their own money and time to see a race that didnt happen.
umm yea, no one cares about your opinion.

how is your "internet break" going?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Man Nates brother did look like a homo, they were acting like there money was better than yours. There Daddy kail had to save them. Little man held his ground pretty good.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

From the circumstances you describe, Tony, I don't blame you one bit. Pinks is all about negotiation. If he wouldn't run you on motor, I would have walked away too.

-Geoff
Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
umm yea, no one cares about your opinion.

how is your "internet break" going?
You keep answering so it must mean something..
Old 08-12-2007, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

I wasn't aware that it took a LS1 2 stages and a brake to run mid 10's??????
Old 08-12-2007, 03:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

BTW, just for those of you that are concerned about sponsors who donated/discounted parts for this car, they are more than welcome to contact us. We will gladly pay them for their donations and would still even keep their decals on the car. Some of you seem a little butt-hurt that we didn't want to donate a $25K car towards a $5K shitbox, because there was donated parts involved. Well, to keep you guys from crying about that, we will PAY for them, if asked. The car will get more media coverage at the LSX shootout anyways, and it will be the NMCA finals and the perfect audience/target consumer that the donating vendors want to reach anyways.

Also KP, I'll race your black T/A for titles at the LSX shootout if you want. We can negotiate the races just like this TV show. I'll show up with an enclosed trailer, and you won't get to see what is inside until you sign over the title. It might be fast, it might be junky, lets call it a surprise box of horsepower. Ready?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 08-12-2007, 03:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
http://www.fquick.com/videos/Nate_Fr...g_Owned__/2980

well since someone posted already.....

btw, nate raced his blus mustang against my buddies bbc camaro and they called it a draw. so that was why we are ripping on him.

and i also locked in a 1000 race against his car in chicago, whenever hes ready.
LOL, Owned.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks