Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Madman For President

i am glad you all had the ***** and brains to stand up for yourselves i told you they would try to bully you into taking a **** race situation

good Job Team Ls1tech
Old 08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
I went to Kansas with the preconcieved notion that the "TV show" was a joke and a staged production. After seeing the bullshit Nate and his brother pulled and going face to face with the bald headed chicken ****** in the hotel lobby I saw my notions were correct. The"TV show" is a joke and I see why SPEED wants to pull it off the air. The whole crew actually made the comment that we should just trust them. I told them that in drag racing you dont trust anyone. I have never even watched the show on TV and made my assumptions off of comments made by other people but I can tell you I wont ever watch or attend another one of the "TV shows" clusterfucks.

On a side note I will say the bald headed chickenfucker did have ***** to jump up and go toe to toe with me when I told him his show was a joke.

shouldve brought up something about the bike
Old 08-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Launching!

I went to Kansas with the preconcieved notion that the "TV show" was a joke and a staged production. After seeing the bullshit Nate and his brother pulled and going face to face with the bald headed chicken ****** in the hotel lobby I saw my notions were correct. The"TV show" is a joke and I see why SPEED wants to pull it off the air. The whole crew actually made the comment that we should just trust them. I told them that in drag racing you dont trust anyone. I have never even watched the show on TV and made my assumptions off of comments made by other people but I can tell you I wont ever watch or attend another one of the "TV shows" clusterfucks.

On a side note I will say the bald headed chickenfucker did have ***** to jump up and go toe to toe with me when I told him his show was a joke.

LMAO.... That is all this thread needed to be complete... a healthy dose of the phrase "chicken ******."

Farva: "License and Registration... CHICKEN ******!"
Old 08-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Launching!

I think everyone is getting away from the facts here that were pulled by the pinks staff.

1st it was a late model EFI website Shootout.
2nd they gave a Specific ET they were looking for, SO you always Pack Reserves.
3rd At the LAST MINUTE, they pulled a shot and said that the other car wasnt gonna be ready, And they have it filled in with another car.
4th Being Skeptical, They still traveled, spent money, and dealt with bullshit, To try and get the race off. But Typical Pinks feels there giving you the Spotlight, AND the HONOR of being on there show. SO you should do what they say. HA

To me its Sounds like a JOKE. Too many people got Jagged around by the pinks guys.

They Should of had a Backup plan in action, Being the TV show they claim to be.

All you other Leg humpers, Bitching about Free Cars, Sponsors, And what not. Honestly Thats none of your concern, Thats between Psj, Nineball and the Sponsors. When the Sponsors Gave Parts, Time, And what not, They knew the possibility of what can happen and occur, Its the cost of Business. Now im sure some arrangement will be made, Maybe Ls1tech can have it at Sema in someones Booth, And do a Write up video of how EVERYTHING went down, From when Ls1tech was approached, To the Purchase, To the Driving there to The PINKS BS, Let Everyone See the Bullshit that Nate and Rich are on.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brains
I didn't speak with the show staff, so I'm really not the best person to answer, but from how I understood it both teams were instructed to bring a car that ran in the neighborhood of 10.50's end of story. I don't know if that means 10.50 ultimate ET, baseline ET, motor+power adder, whether or not a power adder mattered, or what. I just know high 8's is a LLLOONNGG way from mid 10's.

Baseline according Nineball. Your right about high 8's a long way from mid 10's.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
I didn't speak with the show staff, so I'm really not the best person to answer, but from how I understood it both teams were instructed to bring a car that ran in the neighborhood of 10.50's end of story. I don't know if that means 10.50 ultimate ET, baseline ET, motor+power adder, whether or not a power adder mattered, or what. I just know high 8's is a LLLOONNGG way from mid 10's.
Well, what they did in the first Pinks show they filmed Friday night was run a few passes as 10.50 dial bracket type racing. If you broke out, the other team got the win. In the second race, we all said that we didn't come to KC to bracket race, and there wasn't going to be any of that. That is why they wanted to do 10.50.

-Geoff
Old 08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Once again my hero, wonder if someone has video of that Its a TV show and all they care about is ratings, every close race on that show is the 'closest race they ever seen' or 'you did the right thing by giving so may cars' and lost your ****. After the last all-out I was at with rich running around telling everyone they better not slow their **** down (it was obvious it was going to be a 10.7-11.0 show) the car that wins the thing ran 9.10s on Friday and was throttle stopped down to 10.70 saturday. Screw that..

I assumed the whole thing was just a way for LS1tech and sponsors to get some national TV time, have some fun and not go there to get a 'real' drag race.

Memphis = real drag race..
Old 08-12-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't say it is BS, but I think that they are more worried about having "good television" than fair racing. When we went down 0-3 in our race, Rich started trying to give us races that we thought we could win. He just wants good TV, he could care less who wins as long as it sells advertising space on his show.

It helped our race that we set up the race ourselves, then sold it to Pinks as a grudge match.

-Geoff
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KP I agree Memphis will be a real drag race. I will go continue to stick with the races that are real.

225-343-9029
Old 08-12-2007, 05:18 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

The whole show is BS. Nobody in the real racing world even races like the show thinks. I see why when a comment was made around some guys who really race they all laughed at me for even going. It was an eye opening experience and I wouldn't take any of it back.

225-343-9029

Last edited by MADMAN; 08-12-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

The whole show is BS. Nobody in the real racing world even races like the show thinks. I see why when a comment was made around some guys who really race they all laughed at me for even going. It was an eye opening experience and I would take any of it back.
Were you in the video posted while they where arguing with nate?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No that video happened later and I wasnt there.

225-343-9029
Old 08-12-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think this thread should be moved to the street racing/benchracing forum.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:27 PM
10 Second Club

No that video happened later and I wasnt there.
LOL you should of taken your horns.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:33 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by White_Hawk
I wouldn't say it is BS, but I think that they are more worried about having "good television" than fair racing. When we went down 0-3 in our race, Rich started trying to give us races that we thought we could win. He just wants good TV, he could care less who wins as long as it sells advertising space on his show.

It helped our race that we set up the race ourselves, then sold it to Pinks as a grudge match.

-Geoff
It depends how you define BS, myself I wouldnt go unless I had a clue who I was running against. You guys did an excellent job with the whole thing, got your air time, had fun and came back from behind for the win.

Very exciting race to follow on the internet, like almost being there. I'll still watch the show, I want to see your race
Old 08-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Teching In

I agree rich knows nothing about cars,my favorite show is when he crashes on the street bike,
Old 08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

madman,what was the final outcome when you went toe to toe with the pullet poker?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Sucks, but they did the right thing by not racing. Who wants to see just another race show. I want to see the LS1tech camaro go against a newer mustang.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by silkey
madman,what was the final outcome when you went toe to toe with the pullet poker?

ZANGEL got between us and stopped the escalation.

225-343-9029
Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Resident

Who has some more video of the "events"....c'mon get it posted!

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks