Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quickest/fastest N/A stock bottomend? 10.57 @ 128

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:31 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Quickest/fastest N/A stock bottomend? 10.57 @ 128

Great runs!! Who did your tuning on it and what are your shiftpoints? I like the traditional split vs the reverse. I see that GM does it with all of their cams so why not use what they spend millions on R&D? Good luck on your future runs, and i like the statement of "it is the quickest fastest for now stock shortblock". I think you said the same thing about the stock internal record and its still there.
I am sure this will get some comments going...stock LS6 programming other than 7,000 rev limit. I've got my stock PCM, too, for my hogged-out stock MAF (vs. the 02 LS6). As far as shifting, I am shifting myself electronically. I have 12-volts going to a multiposition switch that activates (or not) the two force control motor solenoids that control our gear selection. For the shiftpoints / speeds, not sure exactly as I "shift" 1-2 as the wheels come down...shift lite doesn't really help as the converter and combo have so much shift extension...I "shift" 2-3 at the 330 foot mark +/-. Now that I finally bought an editor program (LS1 edit), I'll get around to playing with the shift points to keep me from doing it how I do it.

Personally, there may be a bit left in the programming, but you lose a lot or gain some. If the cam was much bigger, compression was higher (I'm around 11.0), you've got a power adder, etc., obviously, there would be a lot more in the tuning. I think too many guys are going to "big" on some things (heads, headers, cam, compression). All those things are nice, but a good combo is key. I keep feeling the pull to go "bigger" on something, but will wait until this thing nukes or I finish up what I want to do on the car right now (replace stock carpet, go to some solid motor mounts, play with the idea of 30x9 or 30x10.5 radial slicks, play with the calibration a bit, etc.).
Old 05-26-2003, 08:06 PM

What is your race weight?
Old 05-26-2003, 09:41 PM
TECH Junkie

I've hosted RUQWIKR's video's for anyone who wants to check them out...

Here are the URL's:

http://www.coffeyracing.com/media/dw_10577.wmv
http://www.coffeyracing.com/media/dw_incar.wmv

Right click on the link and choose "Save target as..."

Enjoy!
Old 05-26-2003, 11:50 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,231 Likes on 786 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice new ET Dave!

Did you get a cage into the car yet?

You used to be like 3100 raceweight right (for the guy who asked).

I like seeing a guy up here in the MW run that good, your best DA's are like what we get in Chicago.

Are you going to MM7?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:11 AM
9 Second Club

Nice new ET Dave!

Did you get a cage into the car yet?

You used to be like 3100 raceweight right (for the guy who asked).

I like seeing a guy up here in the MW run that good, your best DA's are like what we get in Chicago.

Are you going to MM7?

Cage is in (6-pt moly). What date is MM7 this year so I can get it in the calendar? On the weight, I think a lot of guys "over" estimate how heavy their cars are. I've weighed it on two good scales (Stanton and Norwalk). Take care.

Also, a big thanks to George C for hosting the videos for me. The in-car was off at an angle because I could not find my remote control for the camera after I was strapped in and ready to go, so, I reached around to turn it on. BTW, it was a 10.59 run, I think the one on DR's. Take care.