Roll bar on the street good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Kevin-

What about two policies? A policy w/a mainstream carrier for street liabilty.... where if the vehicle was involved in an honest run of the mill traffic accident that wasn't percipitated by street racing, they'd pay...... and a drag race car policy that covered the vehicle at the track?

Dunno if this is possible, and would certainly end up costing double your current policy premiums, but would be the best of both worlds if one was so inclined?
Honestly if someone would give me 'real' stated value comp, cover the car and trailer wherever its parked, 200/500K liability and understood exactly what I do with the car I would gladly pay double the normal full coverage cost But the race car policies 100% will not cover a car that is registered and street driven and a 'normal' car policy will not give liability on a car if its raced or highly modified.

Most of this is moot anyhow, for 99% of the people out there they will never get in an accident with highly modified car, most insurance companies can care less if you hit a pole with your 9 second hotrod but hit someone else on a public street and the tune changes a whole bunch
Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This insurance Company knew exactly what we do with the car. The car runs open raod races and mid ten second passes while still taking third at the international auto show
Old 08-26-2007, 06:57 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will never tell them anything about the car, but I am more afraid of something happening and they have to look at it and see the bar and what not.

I yanked the bar just now, so, less weight=better ET's! Yay!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:51 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
This insurance Company knew exactly what we do with the car. The car runs open raod races and mid ten second passes while still taking third at the international auto show
What insurance company is this? If they will underwrite street driven race cars I'm in.