Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K-member guys.. Stock front brake lines???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Nothing. Replacing the k-member lines does look much better though. It's easier to replace the lines on the k-member when you're doing your ABS delete.

Do NOT add braided lines to your braking system. They expand greater then steel tubing decreasing firmness in your brake pedal.

Our ABS delete kits allow you to either re-use your original braided lines OR remove them. The less braided lines the better. Only replace rubber lines with braided lines. If you need lines, we can supply them to you as well. We can include any fitting you may need as well. The K-member lines would NOT be pre-formed as the ABS system is. There are too many variations of how they can be run. Best option for the k-member is to form as you go.
Thanks SJM. Getting ready to buy from you soon. I want to get your delete kit because I dont want the braided lines or the block. Looks much cleaner. Is the regular linelock kit not as good as the Hurst or are you just paying for the name?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM
8 second club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's something to think about. I broke a rod and it sawed the pan and some of the k-member into and came within a 1/4 inch of cutting the brake line. After that I redid the lines and made them go toward the front and under the radiator, instead of across the k-member.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Thanks SJM. Getting ready to buy from you soon. I want to get your delete kit because I dont want the braided lines or the block. Looks much cleaner. Is the regular linelock kit not as good as the Hurst or are you just paying for the name?
Both LL solenoids hold approx 3000psi. Both solenoids perform equally well and are both rebuildable. The Hurst unit has additional heat fins to dissipate heat that the solenoid creates…using either one back to back, it would be hard to figure out which unit you were using. The primary function of the solenoid is to hold pressure, nothing more, nothing less.

Differences between the setups in our kits are primarily due to the solenoids cost. The best bang for the buck is the Biondo style.

If you prefer the Hurst name or appearance, then choose the Hurst style.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by G&HRacing
Here's something to think about. I broke a rod and it sawed the pan and some of the k-member into and came within a 1/4 inch of cutting the brake line. After that I redid the lines and made them go toward the front and under the radiator, instead of across the k-member.

I hadn't even thought of that occuring, but you're routing up along the lower radiator support is what I wanted to do for the cleanliness of it, but now after hearing what happened to you it seems as if it might be a safety thing to do as well.

Quick Reply: K-member guys.. Stock front brake lines???