Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anti roll bar...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other problem is you can't run that set up with large tire cars that tuck the tires a lot, the tire will hit the panhard so you'll have to clearance it and that would cut into the bolt holes, or you could cut the unit down and then reinstall it.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hhhmm, we have some 315 radials on a car that this fits perfectly on. The outside of the tire is inside of the fenders line and its got plenty of room between the tire and the panhard rod mount. Cars that have to modify the panhard rod brace would not be legal for "Stock Suspension" type classes anyways which is what this kit is designed for as well as mild bolt on cars that pull tripod wheelies.

Kinda have an answer/issue for everything dont ya Chris?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Raising a concern for a product that is new is no insult, but making remarks saying I think I know everything is a poor reflection on your character not mine and pretty childish.

What's next I know you are but what am I or are you going to kick my *** or call my mom fat. LMAO

What is stated is that people running large tires that want them tucked in will not be able to use this product right or wrong?

Will a 315 60 15 on a 15x12 fit with the tire tucked in 1.5 - 2.0" from the fender lip? No.

Did I say don't buy this product it is junk? No, I stated concerns for the effects of the new loads placed on the panhard mount and it using the stock panhard bracket will limits it's future use if someone goes and runs a larger tire.

If that offended you that's your problem, I come here to to learn and share what I know, if you don't like that guess I don't know what to say.

I think it is a nice looking product, but unlike some people I want to know about what I buy before I buy it, I am not adding a part to my car, I am putting my life in some one else's design when I run down the track.

So I will make sure it is safe and effective before I go around telling everyone to buy it because it is just so great.

Last edited by chrismorales75; 11-12-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No offense taken at all Chris, though I cant say the same appears to be true for you by your response. Never did I say that you knew everything, just that you had an answer/issue for everything. Having an answer for everything certainly does not mean that a person knows everything, just that they feel the need to post and know enough about something to make an educated looking post. You turned it into me saying that you know everything......little paranoid eh?

Again, this piece is intended for "stock suspension" or "bolt on suspension" type cars. Tucking a 315/60 radial in 2" inside of the outer fender lip is going to need other modifications that will put the car well out of the realm of a "bolt on suspension" car (and it will look goofy to boot in that far, just my opinion). The car that I am mentioning that this piece will be tested on is a 7.70 Radial Tired 84 Camaro with 315s (thats shown potential to run 7.50s after some 1/8th mile testing). Is that a fast enough car to test this on? I would consider him to have "large tires" on the car so I am kinda missing your point about people with large tires not being able to use this piece. If a person is going to go through all of the work to make a 12" rim, 315/60 radial combination fit on a 2" narrowed rear end they will also be moving the LCA points in as well as move the panhard rod brace and move the shock mounting points thus making their car completely illegal for any "stock suspension" racing and this type of setup is not needed when guys are already going mid 7s without all of that extra work.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

you got me.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Hope that didnt sound too harsh. I agree that discussing possible problems is a good thing
Old 11-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

how streetable is this bar? I know someone that could probably put this to good use.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have installed a ton of their ARB kits on other cars and have not had any issues with one yet. If you do alot of driving where you take a harsh angle diagonally with the car it could possibly bend the arb. If that is something that a customer knows that they encounter often they can put a quick release pin in one side of the ARB and just unhook it for street use.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:59 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its a pretty cool idea. The Spohn stock style drag bar I have weighs a ton (granted the weight isnt in a bad place) and is a tight fit with the shocks and 9" rear. But it does work well I'll give it that.

Thumbs up for coming up with something new, good luck with it.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

thats the kinda stuff i like, however i have a hard time seeing how it is considered 'stock suspension' or i read something wrong.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's considered stock suspension when a sanctioning body says it's good to run in a class.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yeah the "stock suspension" terminology in small tire racing has become anything that you can bolt on pretty much. This deal fits that style of "bolt on" type parts. Things that bolt on in the stock location are generally accepted as a legal part. Example, upgraded control arms, springs, shocks, panhard rods, bolt on ARBs
Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

ANY details on when this will be released? looks like something I could be interested in.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I am not sure of an exact release date. We have some preliminary dates setup to do some testing in early December if TRZ can get a few more prototypes out by then, and I can get them installed, lol. The installation should be a snap on these things really.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:48 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw this in orlando and it looked like a pretty decent piece. Should work good for what its intended for. Most of the big tire high horsepower cars discussed earlier in this thread have the stock gas tanks removed anyway with an antiroll bar mounted above the housing.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I prefer the frame mount myself, but this does look like a clean setup and being bolt-in minus welding the rod end tabs to the rear has to be the easiest install, second to the factory style that are 100% bolt-in.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

There are several of the Heavy Duty "factory style" that are not 100% bolt in either. One will be pulled off on Will's car to install the TRZ piece for some testing. If it works on his car running mid 1.20s in 60ft and mid 7s I think it will handle any stock suspension car on this board.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not mine it has 5million horse power
Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

LOL. Sounds like we will all be cheering for you to win the Top Fuel Championship
Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd only win top fuel with a little head start I only got 5million horse power, but that's not even counting my left shoe.

Quick Reply: anti roll bar...