Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are the chances?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default what are the chances?

I'm sure this is the dumbest thread in ls1tech history..........but what are the chances if your car does a big wheel stand and you let out and it lands to hard. will it deploy your airbags? because with my new motor setup mine is pulling them nice on the motor and Im about to take about 50-75lbs off the front and spray 200 shot and with my luck they will bust out give me a heart attack and then i'll smack the wall
Old 12-09-2007, 02:57 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't let off
Old 12-09-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

when in doubt, just pick the next gear.

please get video of the car when you get back out with the new set up.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If the car picks them up on motor a little, definately tighten the fronts shocks at least 2 clicks before you make your first spray pass. I tightened mine one click for a 100 shot and I still lost sight of the track for a second on the first run, and I tightened them another click for the 150 shot.

I would advise not just pilling it for 200 on the first pass, start with 100 or 150 and work your way up, it will give you a chance to read the tune and make sure you're safe before just tossing the sink at it/hurting the car.

As for the airbags coming out... #1 I'm surprised you still have them in, #2 I would think there is a chance of them deploying if it were to smack back down really hard. If you're concerned about it, pull the fuse for them, that way they can't go off on you.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Not a dumb question at all really. There are other concerns you should have also, if you let off during a big wheelstand. Like, crushed header tubes, air dam, oil pan, etc..... It never comes down pretty when you let off, I'm sure people will put some pics up.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:12 PM
8 Second Club

I would definitely disconnect the air bags.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JL ws-6

As for the airbags coming out... #1 I'm surprised you still have them in, #2 I would think there is a chance of them deploying if it were to smack back down really hard. If you're concerned about it, pull the fuse for them, that way they can't go off on you.
well as for still having them in. It is pretty nice car and is 100% full weight. all the way to the swaybar,front bumper everything and Im having a hard time justifying taking it apart and it being called a "drag car" but I guess the time is here. I guess Im gonna start pulling stull I just hate to. it runs 1.47 sixtys NA everytime pulling both wheels about a foot. WITH the sway bar hooked up

I agree on starting at 100 and working my way up BUT I have a directport and 16 jets at $8 a pop adds up fast. I bought a progressive controller but for some reason I dont trust it.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by joelster
Not a dumb question at all really. There are other concerns you should have also, if you let off during a big wheelstand. Like, crushed header tubes, air dam, oil pan, etc..... It never comes down pretty when you let off, I'm sure people will put some pics up.
IF wheel stands become a problem and thats a big "IF" i buy some madman SYA bars and travel limmiters. but I would much rather crush a header tube than blow my dash apart,me **** all over myself, and hit the wall infront of everyone..LOL
Old 12-09-2007, 07:38 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Ego Killer
well as for still having them in. It is pretty nice car and is 100% full weight. all the way to the swaybar,front bumper everything and Im having a hard time justifying taking it apart and it being called a "drag car" but I guess the time is here. I guess Im gonna start pulling stull I just hate to. it runs 1.47 sixtys NA everytime pulling both wheels about a foot. WITH the sway bar hooked up

I agree on starting at 100 and working my way up BUT I have a directport and 16 jets at $8 a pop adds up fast. I bought a progressive controller but for some reason I dont trust it.
damn if your paying $8 a jet i'll sell you some for 7.50 lol you need to find a supplier besides jegs.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't waste your time with the progressive, you can hook a 200 off the brake.

I know at 8 bucks a opop the jets aren't cheap.... but it's a ton cheaper then building a motor/repairing all the damage that's gonna occur if you put the car on the bumper.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jason, first of all you couldnt let off. your too competetive... buy a wheelie bar then no reason to let out.. when am i gonna see this thing at the track... i hear the bridge has a bunch of blues patrolling now haha...
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

I lifted but rolled back into it and luckily no damage was done. I had the front shocks set tight and the Madman SYA bars did their job X10

The wife freaked and pulled the camera away.lol.

This was on motor. I can't imagine even a small shot of gas off the line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dark1y6Q3zE

Old 12-28-2007, 09:34 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like mine before travel limiters. You need some on yours. Your front tires dropped way too far in that photo. Missing paint and the presents of VHT below the license tag are a good indication. Wop-wopping the throttle three or four times helps set them down easier. My wife is tired of buying headers and oil pans also.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:21 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

I have limiters on the car, but they were set too loose for the hit the new converter provided. I have them set at 2.75" of travel now and the front shocks are tight

Travel limiters and SYA bars are a very good investment.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
I have limiters on the car, but they were set too loose for the hit the new converter provided. I have them set at 2.75" of travel now and the front shocks are tight

Travel limiters and SYA bars are a very good investment.
I agree, keeping them to 6-8 inches nets a better 60'. Unless of course you a window under ur feet..LOL