Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag wheels > what do you think of ET difference?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You 60ft now 1.7, if you can get it down to say 1.55, you should be looking at a .3 faster 1/4 ET.

With the lighter wheels and tires you can also figure a mph improvement.

I think .35 to .4 in 1/4 mile ET reduction is possible, assuming all factors are working together, trans, gears, chassis, tire selection, correct engine tuning.

Don't worry about running a smaller front tire, I have ran a 15x4 with front skinny radials on the street since 1998 in my Camaro and as long as you don't drive like an idiot on the street and haul *** around corners you'll never be bothered by them.

Also keep in mind never run a drag tire on the street with low psi, it's a quick way to junk your rims especially with road dips and pot holes.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

John, no idea what my race weight is. I would guess 3600-3650 without me in the car. I weight 200 now after I've been losing weight since the Holidays. I obviously need to get the car weighed ... something I have been wanting to do, but, have been putting it off. As for the QA1's, I may do them on the rears, but, not the fronts because of the cost of having the strut towers torn down ... will do later on the fronts when the money is more available. I have the old-style HD Bilsteins on all corners, so, I think they're a good basic all-around shock for drag racing from what I have been seeing/reading. QA1's are definitely in the cards before year's end.

Dave, I've decided to definitely do 15x4 skinnies up front on the new Greg Weld Draglites as soon as those wheels are released next month.

Thanks for everything guys. This love for drag racing is such an addiction ... keeps me broke, but, in this short lifetime, when I go, I can say I did what I loved doing. I'm 50 now and finally able to have a nice car to drag race. With a wonderful wife and two beautiful, young, adult children, I'm living the dream for sure. Thanks again fellows.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

RAGENZ28 > Hey, thanks for weighing in. I've never ran the car when it was a good cool night, so, the car still has some gains in it without doing anything at all. I just have to get the weight down, make some changes, toss on the MT street DR's, and acquire some of the new 15" Greg Weld Draglite skinnies/skinny tires. Hopefully on a good night (weatherwise), I'll get to mid 11's. I'll keep going until I hit a 10.99. Then, a cog-driven D1SC with 8-rib tuning kit will be in my sites. Thanks for responding man.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this out..

http://www.carcraft.com/projectbuild...son/index.html
Old 01-22-2008, 03:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Front shocks help more than the rears, stock rears are already like 50/50's so while it's good to have that adjustability in the rear I think most would indicate that changing the fronts helped them get their 1.7's down into the 1.5's or better.

Does your car have any weight reduction?
Old 01-22-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

... just the normal stuff ... front sway bar, spare tire, jack, rear seats, seatbelt hardware, etc. 12-bolt , HD adj torque arm, BMR DH SFC's, etc. balance it out to about a full weight car. Carpet's coming out in about two weeks and the front seats will be replaced by a Kirkey Pro race Seat ... driver's side only, John.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 01-23-2008 at 04:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Drag wheels > what do you think of ET difference?