Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something happened with my tranny at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Something happened with my tranny at the track?

Hey guys, i was at the track yesterday getting my car dialed in with the new combo and on the 5th pass a cloud of smoke followed me down the track. When i came up the return road it started squealing loud and cut off. I looked inder the car and there was fluid soaking through the blanket . Im glad i had the blanket on there so the damn fluid didnt cause me to wreck. Anyway i got the car on the lift and got the blanket pulled back and i dont see anything wrong? No holes anywhere but there is tranny fluid everywhere. My buddie says he thinks the stall came apart and if it did the entire tranny would have to be rebuilt. It is a brand new ATI 4000 stall and the tranny is a th350. Any ideas?? thanks Charles
Old 03-23-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the fluid came out the vent on the top maybe. what was the level of the fluid before the race? do you have a tranny temp gauge?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

Maybe a broken intermediate race, they usually screw up the second gear clutches when they break making noise and heat. Heat can push fluid out.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have a tranny temp gauge but there will be one on it soon. I know it was more than just fluid coming out of the over flow because the noise was pretty loud. Something happened, i just dont know what.