Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Normal for vacuum pump to cause lower oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running the Aerospace pump as well.. My suction line goes to the passenger cover and my relief valve is in the driver side cover.. I spun a bearing on my 12th pass a year ago during the winter and was running Castrol 20w50. I do not have a vac. gauge, but the relief was suppose to be set on 12.. I am kind of scared to mess with the pump again due to the spun bearings and all. I didn't know if the pump could have caused that or what.. ALL of the bearings looked like total ****.

How do you go about putting a gauge on it??
Old 04-23-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
I am running the Aerospace pump as well.. My suction line goes to the passenger cover and my relief valve is in the driver side cover.. I spun a bearing on my 12th pass a year ago during the winter and was running Castrol 20w50. I do not have a vac. gauge, but the relief was suppose to be set on 12.. I am kind of scared to mess with the pump again due to the spun bearings and all. I didn't know if the pump could have caused that or what.. ALL of the bearings looked like total ****.

How do you go about putting a gauge on it??

This is a GZ motorsports pump. The way I was told to check it was off the dipstick tube.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. We picked up only 5 hp on the dyno with the addition of the vacuum pump. Set it to 10 inches at wot. Not the reason it was purchased but did think we would have gotten more out of it.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

vacuum pump really shine when you have a loose motor and need to get the rings to seal or in big nitrous, big boost applications when blow by starts to be an issue.

Quick Reply: Normal for vacuum pump to cause lower oil pressure