Sponsored by:

car sits uneven

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car sits uneven

didnt know if i should put this in here or in suspension

ive got afcos up front both of them are set ecactly the same...brand new...both are compressed 6 turns from the bottom

rear springs are stock without isolaters...i have lowering springs with the same problems back end sits about an inch differant....whats causing this

this is my car fender height at each corner in order

LF 25.75 RF 26.75
LR 27.25 RR 29

car has no bumper supports
no front swaybar
rear wolfe bar set loose
comp drag shocks out back
afco coil overs out front

is it ok to adjust the afcos enequally? and the rear springs cut them to make them sit evenly? or is ther something im missing about this?
Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned

this was without a driver....
car has no pasenger seat....front to rear i expect a differance..
Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Normal if you ask me, mine is the same way but no AFCO's yet, pretty sure its just a little more pre-load on that tire since there is no as much wight going to that tire as there is on the left rear (you sit on that side of the car).
Old 04-19-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1) make sure the rubber isolators are even on both rear springs as the car loads teh suspension (since you have lowering springs the springs tend to fall over once you unload the suspension)

2) shocks worn?

3) lca relocation brackets?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know anything about the Wolfe drag bar but, my Spohn had directions on setting the rear height. It was done with the driver in the car and the right rear is set slightly higher. Don't think it was 1.25 inches though. Also. I think I measured off the rockers to set the drag bar. Don't remember for sure though... Been a while since I did it...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

My car also has no rear sway bar right now and I am sure the springs are a little worn, no LCA brackets yet.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
1) make sure the rubber isolators are even on both rear springs as the car loads teh suspension (since you have lowering springs the springs tend to fall over once you unload the suspension)

2) shocks worn?

3) lca relocation brackets?
i said i had no idolaters at all...my lowering springs were cut stockers...had the same problem..now with the current measurements above is stock springs in the back still have my coilovers up front

shocks are new comp engineering

yes i have relo bracekts (built into my rear end) but not sure how that would affect rideheight
Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If the swaybar is preloaded right, then the right rear should be higher then the left rear, and the left front should be lower then the right front.

It sounds like yours is a little more then normal though. Any chance that you have measured the tires? Check them with a string around the center, really the most accurate/only way to do it, see if there's anything going on there.

If you have swapped the rear, it's possible that the bracket that the spring site on on one side could be off a little, I've seen a few rears from moser that made the back of the car get raised up as much as 2 inches, but it was consistant for both sides, you might have gotten a really good one that preloads the car for you LOL.

Those guys that weld the rear end brackets on I swear built a jig out of sticks and rocks with the way they're so inconsistant... but that's another topic.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

like JL said, the LCA relocation brackets could be welded slightly off angle, thus effecting the mouting point of the LCA. this will effect the height.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Banned

welll then that should be a simple fix to simply adjust the lca both until theirs no tension on them...ill check that

the swaybar like i said is loose...both end links can be wiggled right now

the springs perches seem to be the same height
Old 04-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Banned

checked the lca and adjusted them both until they were hand loose...so both have no load on them...
also checked tires and pressure fronts are the same ar 45 psi and both rears are even and at 20

swaybar unhooked and hooked back up no differance...i have it adjusted where its hand loose on both ends also...

i dont know why its still an nch higher on the pass side...what else can i adjust...and its not the lca they are poly/rod and they twist easily....no binding on the rubber
Old 04-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the spring rates are not the same just a thought but switch the springs side to side and if it is still the same you may be able to take some out by adjusting the front springs or putting an adjustable spring perch on the rear.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

The location of the lca's in the holes won't effect ride height, don't know where people get this info. The height of the car is directly from the springs, try swapping the springs in the rear from one side to another.

If the height is still off then raise the left front spring. Mine was like this also until I shifted the weight. Keep in mind whether you lower the front or rear it will still effect the front or rear on that side and also some on the other side as well.

Undo the anti roll bar, adjust the spring until it is as even as you can get it then put on the anti roll bar and preload it slightly, in most cases the right rear will be about 1/4 - 1/2" higher than the left rear.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

yes i swapped still was the same...ill adjust the afcos...i was just thinking they should be adjusted the exact same...guess not...there is prolly a 50 pound diff from side to side...

the lca can change height i know from today...one side was longer and was pushing up that side...i fixed it...it dropped 1/4 inch

Quick Reply: car sits uneven