Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of screwed Alumastar 2.0's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of screwed Alumastar 2.0's?

Tried a weekend on my car without drilling them, they spun so we're drilling them now.

Not sure where to drill so it will look right, I believe there was a thread on here a while ago about it but I couldn't find it on search.

Anyone have pics of where they drilled them? We put in a few on the back on the outer lip but that won't cut it, curious to see how you all did it.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

The best way to drill them is through the double-rolled outer lip. You have to offset the holes slightly to the inside (they will NOT be centered on the double portion of the lip0 to hide the screw heads from hanging over the edge and catching a sidewall. The double roll gives more material to bite into for the screw, not so important the first time but the 50th time you do it you will appreciate the extra material. After telling you that, Goodyear, I believe, says to alternate screws into the sidewall from right angle to up at a 45 degree angle. This puts holes right into the first radius inside the lip. lots of people drill there but I don't like anything that weakens a radius, not that there has ever been a problem. Saw Jerry Haas put 33 screws in each side of a set of slicks/A-Stars at one time. Said they were lighter than beadlocks!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:44 AM
7 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I did mine the same way. Basically drilled the crease at a 45 or so degree angle.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks a ton guys! We'll drill 'em that way tonight.

Those look good Phil, I was afraid it wouldn't look good.