Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing weight, adding parts and cleaning up the engine bay questions. Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 04:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
As soon as your mustang is ready .No seriously i'm shooting for early july to be realistic. Just to much softball, work, and four wheeling to get any time for the car.
Car is lookin good man!

Where do you go 4 wheeling? what kinda quad do you have?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:33 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Car is lookin good man!

Where do you go 4 wheeling? what kinda quad do you have?
I have a 2004 yfz 450 and a 2006 700 grizzly. I ride the grizzly anywhere and everywhere but the 450 is getting ready to be sold. I just don't have the time for it, plus the local atv park stopped racing for money so it isn't any fun for me anymore. That and the sob seems to always break something when riding hard.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Those yfz 450's are alot of fun. I had a TRX400, 2nd one my local dealer got in back when they came out with that model in 99. That thing was a blast, not as fast as the Lt500 I had a while back, but alot of fun.

I wish they still did the hare scramble races like they did in the late 80's and early 90's, I'd still be doing that (and probably in alot better physcial shape)
Old 06-18-2008, 03:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Those yfz 450's are alot of fun. I had a TRX400, 2nd one my local dealer got in back when they came out with that model in 99. That thing was a blast, not as fast as the Lt500 I had a while back, but alot of fun.

I wish they still did the hare scramble races like they did in the late 80's and early 90's, I'd still be doing that (and probably in alot better physcial shape)
My 450 is very, very fast. It used to be fun until I had to keep putting money in it every 30-40 laps. Now its just a money pit! Now the grizzly is badass, efi, power steering, independent sus. on all corners, automatic its just like a cadillac meant for mud and fun. The grizzly is no where near as fast 450 but I can ride it hard all day with no arm pump or monkey butt. One time at the atv park the money race was about to begin and my 450 broke (go figure) and I had brought my grizzly for my old man to ride. So I raced it (because no refunds) and took 2nd. It was funny as hell when I holeshotted the field with a 4x4. They made us do a cold start, so I left it in gear, 4x4, and full throttle until the lights turned green and simple pushed the start button and was gone. I lead 7 out of 10 laps until my A level buddy passed me on the inside of a big turn. Heres a pic of the grizzly
Old 06-18-2008, 03:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a 08' LTR450 in Dec. has a few little things done to it and its pretty fast.

I raced quads at Budds for a few years, had alot of fun and broke alot of **** (quads and myself).

I'm sure I'll see the car at MIR sometime this year. Good Luck !
Old 06-28-2008, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

Alittle update on my car. Finally got everything tightened up and dropped off the car at the alignment shop. First thing first, manual steering is hard as hell (maybe because of my 13" gt steering wheel). Probably not for the daily driver or weekend warrior, definatly more for the track. Now on the flip side I noticed that my motor revs quicker and feels more powerful (at least by seat of the pants) since the belt only go's to the alternator. For the front shocks, I changed out regular qa1's for some qa1's with the R valving. I like them so much better. I ended up lifting up the front end more than before to help with speed bumps, getting on and off my trailer and getting up my driveway with out bottoming out. I was gonna reroute the front brake lines but i'll wait until I buy manual brakes to bend up some brake lines so I ain't doin it twice. So the front brake lines will look a little rigged up for the time being Heres some pics of the new stance.

Quick Reply: Loosing weight, adding parts and cleaning up the engine bay questions. Pics inside