Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

procharger or Big turbo for lt1 m6 car???

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default procharger or Big turbo for lt1 m6 car???

ok im sure this has been discussed quite a few times but my search really didnt get much information. basically im going to build my lt1 to handle about 30+ psi from either a procharger or big turbo. dont really know which is going to be the best for a m6 car either. when you guys give me suggestions can you please give me full details on what your running regarding either your procharger setup or turbo setup, fuel system, ecu, and all the kind of stuff. i would appreciate thanks.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a stick car the blower will probably be more consistent down the track, but turbo's more fun in my opinion. Get a turbo if you want to still enjoy the car. And as far as running 30psi, where are you getting this arbitrary number from? How fast do you want to go and how much do you still want to drive the car on the street? That will determine what you need to turn the wick up to.

Marty
Old 05-24-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

someone told me in the forced induction for an m6 car i should run the procharger and for automatics run the turbo. i understand the turbos take time to spool and everything but is it that much more difficult with a manual trans? whats a better turbo ecu the fast xfi, or a big stuff 3?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
someone told me in the forced induction for an m6 car i should run the procharger and for automatics run the turbo. i understand the turbos take time to spool and everything but is it that much more difficult with a manual trans? whats a better turbo ecu the fast xfi, or a big stuff 3?
I saw Duttweiler run his gn with a manual trans, this was back at his shop before he sold his red car, back then it was running high 7's, but that was like 10 years ago.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

well i think im going to leave it up to the board here. ill be making a poll thread so look out for it.