Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly building a drag strip...I need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well let's see...

I can't tell you how to build it. All I can tell you, is that, after it's built and reay for ops, you are going to need some fella with a high level of fear to oversee the operations. These type of guys, with thier vast experience and plethora of knowledge and insight, typically know what's best for the rest of us; and can always guide us in the right direction.

He'll also make sure that you are overinsured in case a problem arises, and can probably work with the insurance company to see that cameras are installed to guaranty that all accidents can be overthought and overanalyzed. This will lower the isurance costs in the long run.

That way, we'll all feel extra, extra safe, every time we go through your pearly gates.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

with planning, engineering, permits/inspections, earthwork, compaction, basecousre, ashpault/concrete, barriers, timing system.....you will be in it over a mill (or close to it). trust me this a very conservative figure. and yes you do have to have insurance, waiver or not.

Last edited by algws6; 09-12-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you need info on insurance, I would suggest contacting one of the sanctioning bodies. There is a very helpful lady at the NHRA that you can contact. Their policy(s) is on their website and she can gladly give you answers on any clarifications.

I know from experience.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:54 PM

Hello did you ever figure out anything I have had the same idea in mind
Old 03-03-2016, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

If its just you and your buddies using it. And your not interested in opening it up to the public. I believe you can call it a private club, for members only. Have a yearly membership fee. Part of the fee could be for the individual and track insurance. Even spectators would have to be members, that could join at the gate. Ask your lawyer and your insurance agent. May be a different angle. Doesn't hurt to ask. A good concession stand could pay for track prep and possibly a few other things. Best of Luck
Old 03-03-2016, 03:51 AM
TECH Regular

FYI you typical blacktop will deteriorate very fast and is not meant for racing. Cars can actually dig holes into standard blacktop from doing burnouts. I'm not sure what they use, but it's not standard blacktop and as such you can bet your *** it is a hell of a lot more expensive. And the burnout box is a completely different section all together of yet another type of pavement material. A lot more goes into it than the crap they make highways out of. Not sure what kind of companies can even pave something like that. I oneday hope to build my own track as well. Tired of the local track here always having big events and I can't run my street car. And their scheduel doesn't match mine so I have to take work off to go run. Fucken sucks...
Old 03-03-2016, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is one of those things if you have to ask on a public forum you can't afford it.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going to be that guy and say that if you have to ask advice on building a drag strip on an online forum, then you probably shouldn't be building a drag strip.

Edit: lol this guy agrees.

Originally Posted by mshadow
This is one of those things if you have to ask on a public forum you can't afford it.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Start at other end. Looking south sucks.

Isn't byron heading south when your at the start line?

Quick Reply: Possibly building a drag strip...I need advice.