Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Final Ruling on Stock Suspension

Well said Sean
Keith
Old 09-12-2003, 12:04 AM
FormerVendor

I have described the cars suspension accurately as possible and even if I send pics I know the answer will be the same. So you guys have fun down there and we'll see you next time around. When you have enough call us.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Now here's where I'm getting confused... I'm just trying to walk this thing through the logic so bare with me for another troublesome post.

Everyone keeps coming back to the lowered stance is the advantage generated by having this LCA mount point mod. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Jay does not see the gemoetry of the movement to be a real advantage by itself. It's the lowering which lowers center of gravity for launch and lowers the drag ratio at the top end.

I can lower the car with springs and shocks that are in the stock mount points. Am I going to get banned for that? I can mount relocation brackets for the LCAs to negate the negative impact of lowering the car on the LCA angles. Do I get banned for that? I believe we are saying that I can do all these things and achieve the slammed advantage that only the ARE car is alledged to be getting by moving in the LCAs???

I can move the LCA mount point in an inch and not lower the stance of the car. Now does that mean it's OK to move the LCAs in because now my center of gravity did not drop and I still have a stock height drag ratio?

The impass here is that we have a tire size limit which may not require the inward movement of the LCAs in order to run a lowered car. So Jay keeps wanting a good explaination and a picture so that he can understand the clearance issues which do not make sense to him given the specified tire size and wheel combos. I suspect ARE has moved their LCAs in to allow a bigger tire for other events while running the car lowered. So that's why they may need more clearance in the future than what we are thinking of here???

So if I'm running the required tire, and I can be lower the car by other means which would require relocation brakets (not stock position), then there is no clear advantage to the mod. How's my Perry Mason sounding? I might have missed something but I'd like to know what it is.

Just so I'm not confused with the guys that have "loyalties", I've purchase stuff from eveyone involved in this race except for Madman. I'm not fast enough for the Big TA yet.

Now here's why I'm dragging this out. My concern is seven cars is not a race class. It's a race club. You're going to need a good 16 plus cars to make this class work because the guys aren't going to be able to hit every event through out the year. There are several cars in the building stages for next year but you need a full field for the next race.

Rick
Old 09-12-2003, 12:56 AM
On The Tree

Jay Bilingsly, what about wheelie bars madman runs them on the car and that is no where near the true stock suspension classes that you are trying create you guys should be ashamed of yourselves i would rather lose fair and square and be a man!!! madman always opens his mouth with run what you brung now the ARE car has brung a can of *** whooping and he goes and runs them out of the class like a little girl!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 07:09 AM
7 Second Club

I have described the cars suspension accurately as possible and even if I send pics I know the answer will be the same. So you guys have fun down there and we'll see you next time around. When you have enough call us.
I don't blame you guys for saying screw it.Why bother,everyone knows ARE has the fastest and most reliable car anyway.This rule was specifically designed to put your out of the running.IMO it's not a big dog race,more of a puppy dog race most of the people entering are in the very hi 8s to mid 9s anyway.They can't compete anyhow.Put the spurs to it and make some 8.3 glory passes on your final outing for the season.Give them something to think about all winter.This so-called Big Dog series is too subjective to change your car every other race.I would keep the car the way it is and just run in your current series up north.
Old 09-12-2003, 07:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A damn good point is brought up here concerning the torque arm. I think all of us here that are running serious ET and MPH have moved the mount from the trans to the chassis. Now that in itself is a violation of the "stock mounting point" rule so theoretically, no one can race. I assume that all the "big dogs" will be changing the arm location for this race, correct? Another think, how many of you are running a sway bar that does not connect to the stock points? I am.

Guys, I do understand the intention of "stock suspension" but look at the facts. ARE is not cutting sub 1.2x 60' times on that car. Hell, I cut better 60' times than they do. They are not running a 4 link or some other exotic suspension. Wade has constantly complained to me that the car launches like crap and has even looked under my car to see how I am cutting such good 60's.

If you want to say "stock suspension" then let's race "stock" and see how many show up.

Sorry, just my .02.

Old 09-12-2003, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

422 SS
you bringing that PUPPY down lets see how easy you think it is to run 8.90 -9.20 with your ARE 422 solid roller direct port max-effort drag car
with your 8 second time slips coming
Dont stand behind SuperMan and insult our car because you think 8.90 - 9.20 is nothing
Old 09-12-2003, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

This whole thing is pointless anyway. ARE is not coming whether or not they are allowed to race anyway, nor do I think they ever had any intentions of coming to begin with. Now they get off looking good because they have the excuse of not being allowed to race rather then just not showing up. They couldn't be in a better position.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dave D...with all due respect everytime you post it sounds like a cop out. In case you don't know what that means...you sound like your running around the simple fact a proposition has been made. Provide some pics so you can settle the naysayers and please your leghumpers...errr....supporters.

Old 09-12-2003, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Bobby! I was trying to come up with a civil way to say basically the same thing.
Old 09-12-2003, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hell, what if PaiN brings his car out and it's running 8.10's? All this would be a waste.
Thanks for the vote of confidence man! But as Rick pointed out it isn't gonna happen. I'm not, nor will I ever be packing C5R heads ( unless someone gives em too me ). I'm not a shop, and they are too damn expensive. I don't think you'll see those kind of times of of LS1/6 heads on the spray any time soon.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Paul good point
but I trying to get some thing going for next year and this is why we are still talking about it, so that for now on this is the rule on suspensions
Old 09-12-2003, 10:24 AM
FormerVendor

This whole thing is pointless anyway. ARE is not coming whether or not they are allowed to race anyway, nor do I think they ever had any intentions of coming to begin with. Now they get off looking good because they have the excuse of not being allowed to race rather then just not showing up. They couldn't be in a better position.
Paul, we we're coming to race forr a couple of reasons, to race everybody, and see what the car would run at some of the fastest tracks around. Please don't say we don't race, becuase we we're in Bowling Green, the MOST neutral race all year.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
8 second mod

422 SS
you bringing that PUPPY down lets see how easy you think it is to run 8.90 -9.20 with your ARE 422 solid roller direct port max-effort drag car
with your 8 second time slips coming
Dont stand behind SuperMan and insult our car because you think 8.90 - 9.20 is nothing

Your car is a bone, All the big dogs will eat it up! J/K

Give em hell ESP!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Paul, we we're coming to race forr a couple of reasons, to race everybody, and see what the car would run at some of the fastest tracks around.
Then come you are legal to run our race, this year anyway. You just seem more interested in arguing your point rather then sending anyone some pictures to evaluate your set-up to see if you could run Madman's race. Now come on Wade lets not kid ourselves you didn't do all that work to move the suspension points to look cool, you are smarter then that.

Please don't say we don't race, becuase we we're in Bowling Green, the MOST neutral race all year.
Where did I say or even imply that???? Please don't put words into my mouth.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:08 AM
10 Second Club

make the trip and call out the big dog winner in the grudge matches. You can still run in the thunder race.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
8 Second Club

So out of the three races so far this year name one person beside myself that has/is gonna be racing in them. Exactly, no one has more commitement to LS1 tech then me Big Dawg style that is. Slomaro has also made them for little dog. My rules I win j/k
Old 09-12-2003, 11:20 AM
FormerVendor

Why would we haul down for $1500 when there's a another $4000 purse with the same cars?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why would we haul down for $1500 when there's a another $4000 purse with the same cars?
Just make the effort to run in Madman's race. Show everyone who the king really is!!! Don't tell me it's all about the money. Are you really doing all this for money,,,,, or it the GLORY.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Jay Bilingsly, what about wheelie bars madman runs them on the car and that is no where near the true stock suspension classes that you are trying create you guys should be ashamed of yourselves i would rather lose fair and square and be a man!!! madman always opens his mouth with run what you brung now the ARE car has brung a can of *** whooping and he goes and runs them out of the class like a little girl!!!!
MADMAN,

Are you going to be running Wheelie Bars at this event? Are any of the cars entered going to be running them?

Quick Reply: Final Ruling on Stock Suspension