Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Final Ruling on Stock Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003 | 11:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Default Re: Final Ruling on Stock Suspension

As far as I know everybody has bars on them. I'm sure this will be the next argument so lets hear it.

225-343-9029
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

HAHAHAHA!!!

Have fun with your "stock suspended" non-stock mounted TA, welded rear swaybar,

WHEELIE BAR EQUIPPED RACE!!

I can't BELIEVE you are going to exclude ARE when you are running all that **** on the car.
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

From: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

Oh crap, here we go again.

Hell, just make it a run-whatch-brung-suspension race. There are TOO many varialble now.
tq arm relocation
LCA relocation
shock relocation
welded panhard bars
NOW, wheelie bars.

BTW, what about anti-roll bars? Will they be legal? There NOT even on the car from the factory. (Damn, is this another can of worms)

Let's just see some fast cars race and have fun. Isn't this what it's all about in the end?

Tim
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAHAHA!!!

Have fun with your "stock suspended" non-stock mounted TA, welded rear swaybar, WHEELIE BAR EQUIPPED race!!

I can't BELIEVE you are going to exclude ARE when you are running all that **** on the car.

That is just pathetic...and bullshit!!!
Would you stand back and look at your posts objectively for a second?
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

And further more, when have you EVER been out to any of these races that have been organized, seen the cars that are on par with the MAJORITY of the big dog cars out there?

Im beginning to think that you have no concept of what these cars are made of save for what youve seen out of ARE's silver car.
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Just to make you happy Chris this whole thing has been a big conspiracy against all cars that are not in the USA. Didnt you read the fine print on the bottom of the rules that says that anyone north of the USA border is not eligible!

I thought my wife was a conspiracy theorist but Chris you take the cake.

225-343-9029
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:16 PM
FormerVendor

Madman, you CHICKEN?? Hehehe
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

hmmm objectively lets look at the title of the thread:

Final Ruling on Stock Suspension

I have been around racing and the drag racing scene since I was a kid. I worked with my uncles racecars with him up until I was 16. When I was 19 I bought my first F-bod and have had three total and all have been modded heavily. Worked with TONS of guys on there cars throughout the years.

I am VERY familiar with race cars thanks...

BTW I am not knocking anyone running a wheelie bar at all

What I have a problem with is MADMAN and his naming of the race "stock suspension"

He has said over and over again run whatca brung, how he isnt scared.

You cannot expect us to believe for ONE SECOND that a wheelie bar equipped car, with welded rear swaybar and different TA mounts falls under the stock suspension category?

Call the class whatever you want but it isnt stock suspended.

Chris
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Old 09-12-2003 | 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am VERY familiar with race cars thanks...
Call the class whatever you want but it isnt stock suspended.

Chris

Failiar with race cars? You could have fooled me.

You can say they arent stock suspension but if you take any of the big dogs cars that have been racing for the last 5+ years in this growing competitive group of racers, they would all nicely fit into any of the stock suspension races ANYWHERE around the country.

They would look at ARE's car with their moved shocks and LCA's and start asking questions.

No one scoffs at shorter torque arms.
No one scoffs at welded sway bars.

They have been around since stockers started racing these cars. they are accepted everywhere. so are wheelie bars. some places dont allow the wheelie bars in the spirit of a street driven car, but it changes from organization to organization but the rules that madman has laid down are roughly in the same ball park as everyone else.

I dont see why you are so bent out of shape and cannot fathom this??
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

What organizations allow wheelie bars in stock suspension classes?

And what is the class name and organization name?

I am just curious as most I have seen are banned. (Not to say they dont exist)

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-12-2003 | 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dancing chickens and slim pickens...all I sitll see is someone hiding from what's been laid out in front of them. Even if he told you to come race would you? Answer that for the masses so you can have some accountability...

I guess its a bit different up there cause when someone calls me out, it's on like donkey kong. Donkey Kong was a video game just in case ya didn't know...

*Still waiting for some confirmation pics and tired of watching ARE weasle around the issue*

Old 09-12-2003 | 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

From: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

but the rules that madman has laid down are roughly in the same ball park as everyone else.
Roughly enough to keep ALL the cars capable of running out of it.
How come ARE can race in some of the races that they do and be legal? Isn't this one of the organizations that you speak of?

Tim
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:03 PM
8 second mod

Just go, If you think everyone is chicken, What are you? You wont even race in the event! I would say, if the car runs a 8.30 and the winner of the "Big Dog Race" runs a slower 8.90, then geuss what. You just showed, your car will go faster then anyones car on the same day at the same track. That means, you are just the best.
Still a puppy here, sucking the nipple, but I hope someone going has a trick up their sleave to just blow the 8.50's away!!!! Sorry guys, but ARE is a big name in this F-body stuff and being a poor sport isnt to good for business. Just dont see why you dont go and try to prove a point.

Like they say, this is Drag racing, The fastest car doesnt always win! Always leave room for error
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dancing chickens and slim pickens...all I sitll see is someone hiding from what's been laid out in front of them. Even if he told you to come race would you? Answer that for the masses so you can have some accountability...

I guess its a bit different up there cause when someone calls me out, it's on like donkey kong. Donkey Kong was a video game just in case ya didn't know...

*Still waiting for some confirmation pics and tired of watching ARE weasle around the issue*

Who has the record again I forget?

Oh yeah it's ARE...

I really just want to see them line up and race that's all
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Curt,

I agree with pretty much everything you've said throughout this thread.

If ARE's setup passes OSCA tech inspection then great, but I guarantee if you took it to an NHRA Division/National, and entered it in Stock, it would FAIL.

Universally the only items found on the typical Max Effort Headsup Street Car style cars like Madmans, Baxters, Mine, Ricks, Joe O. etc, that isn't exact per NHRA Stock Eliminator Rules are the Moly Rod ends, and the Welded Sway Bars. These are items however that are synonymous w/ this type of racing.

I'm not going to get into advantages or disadvantages of either setup, but you guys should really listen to Jay B. more, with alot of years in NHRA Stock and Super Stock type racing. Him and his family have been through more rule changes and teething like this then anyone here.

In the end if ARE wants to prove they can hang w/ the rest they'll have to conform to the rules like the rest do..... Sorry, but w/ the resources ARE has, it would be very simple to borrow a 9" Housing/Axles, to put in the car for a weekend. Also I doubt a set of wheels a correct backspace would be too hard to find/buy. I know if I really thought I could take $4k+ in purse money, I wouldn't flinch at making those changes, but then again, I guess it might make it tougher to get down the track (just like the rest of thei field will be doing). I guess thats what the rules are there for, to make it a level playing field.
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:11 PM
TECH Regular

What organizations allow wheelie bars in stock suspension classes?

And what is the class name and organization name?

Thanks,
Chris
Ever heard of NHRA Stock Eliminator? LOL.
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

The crux of the issue here is whether the ARE z/28 is more of a tubbed car than a stock style suspension car.

As far as I know all the wheelie bar'd guys have them set up so they can take them off.

Relocating the front torque arm mount off the trans tailshaft is universally known know to be necessary at these ET levels otherwise they will break or bend.

Anyone know if Ronnie Duke's TA or Norm Koerner's red Z/28 (LPE Z/28) have relocated springs and shocks and lca's? Both of those cars have tubbing and run 29.5 or 30" tires.
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it's all pretty simple. Make it clear that ARE can come down and race this race, that way they aren't waisting a 3000 mile trip for a "maybe they can maybe they can't race". After the race is over you can make a ruling for next years series. Personally I think guys like Madman should not have any say in the rules of a race he's competeing in.

When the car is down there you can get up close and personal to inspect the suspension, heck you can probably start humping it for all I care. I might remind you that only Wade speaks for ARE because he it and the car, he hasn't made any excuses and as a matter of fact I haven't seen him personally post a thing. Wade doesn't hide anything I've seen the car on a lift many times and there has never been a blanket hiding it at the track.

I have never seen a set of wheelie bars on the Silver Z, why do you guys need them?
Old 09-12-2003 | 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

why do you guys need them?
Youve never seen the video of Pain's car from last year @ thunder? LOL

the clash of the titans allows wheelie bars in all its 10.5 tire classes. the drag radial classes ive seen dont but thas a whole different ball game in that group. LOL

NMCA doesnt really have a "stock suspension" class except drag radial.

PRO doesnt allow wheelie bars in its extreme street class

some places do, some dont. its been generally accepted at all the f-body shootouts thus far.

Quick Reply: Final Ruling on Stock Suspension