Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynoed my TFS VRX5 FAST combo today

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the topend looks much much cleaner now, its definitely holding the power better with the longer pushrods. Good luck at the track next weekend!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would guess 127 would be doable in these conditions. I went almost 124 with 405rw with stock clutch and gears in like conditions on the same track you are going to be running on. The clutch might not take it but it is possible.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pray
I would guess 127 would be doable in these conditions. I went almost 124 with 405rw with stock clutch and gears in like conditions on the same track you are going to be running on. The clutch might not take it but it is possible.
Yea I think that is reasonable as well but I just don't see how the clutch can take the abuse at the track when it tries to hook up that 470rwhp and 420rwtq.

I want to see some 9's this weekend! I will be out of town so I won't be able to make it myself.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blu1
Yea I think that is reasonable as well but I just don't see how the clutch can take the abuse at the track when it tries to hook up that 470rwhp and 420rwtq.

I want to see some 9's this weekend! I will be out of town so I won't be able to make it myself.
Dude, when don't you go out of town? You are missing all the fun. You would easily be in the 10's next weekend if the weather is what is forcasted.

I want to see some 9's as well but it is going to take a run like RobZ's to happen. Mid 1.4 60ft and power shifting all the way down the track with no tire spin on the shifts. I am just not sure if I had the new power at the track last time or not. I need to do some track tuning while I am there. We will see what happens.

I can't believe Kurts stock clutch has held up so far. Mine was done on the fourth 11.3 pass with 1.7 60fts.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

I try to keep the fluid as clean as possible via the reservoir method....plus i bled the fluid from the slave a couple months ago to try and get as much of the crap out as I could.....havnt had sticky pedal yet....knock on wood....although after a few weeks of driving and 2 dyno sessions...the pedal did feel a little stiffer, sure enough the fluid was darkening in the reservoir...I swapped it out yesterday going to again wednesday, and again before I leave for the track
Wish we could have figured out to swith it to MPH on the dyno to see if i was slipping....btw brett when we made those back to back pulls how they were identical numbers...the first pull was with 29 degrees of timing, the second was 26.5-27(I took 2 out with DVT conrtrols) I think im gonnna add back in the fuel back in the 2800-3600 area where when we pulled fuel it went less torque and more hp...but in that area i think I'd rather have the TQ....might pull 1.5 degrees of timing out of most of the table too since the increase made no difference but seemed to clean it up above 6000 so might leave it alone up there
what you think?
Pray for my clutch guys
Kurt
Old 11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

one more thing the guys on CF were curious...the first dyno session was with torco in the tank...this was straight 93....who knows if it made a difference
Old 11-02-2008, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the car doesn't need the timing then it doesn't need the timing. We only really added a degree at most to your table to make it more linear. I don't think we touched the starting and ending number. We gained some in the mid range and up top. But like I said we may have not needed it. We should have started lower on the timing and seen what happend. I really just wanted to get your fuel table sorted out. That was my main concern. I thought you figured the timing out on Ryans dyno. I would pull the degree out if it makes you more comfortable. You could also fatten the whole table back up to 12.8 as per the shops WB. We didn't really seem to gain any thing above that any way. The pulls just got a little cleaner. Were is you post on CF. I didn't find one earlier.

I don't think Torco or race gas or meth or any other adder does any thing for you engine unless you are knocking. The only benefit to that stuff is to run more timing. But since your car didn't respond to more timing and it didn't detonate then there is no need for any addtives. 93 is all you will need to run.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

didnt even post one on CF....those guys never seem to respond to much.....i think Im going to leave the upper RPM fueling....might richen that portion where we gained HP and lost TQ down low just a hair 12.5 afr or so....now that i think about it...Im just going to leave the timing table at the WOT portion...I didnt get any KR....it didnt lose any HP...Im gonna leave it alone....btw Im talkin with my buddy about the GTO as we speak
Old 11-02-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

oh as far as figuring timing out on ryans dyno...i added 2 degrees to the whole table (wot portion actually) and it gained hp and tq everywhere....
Old 11-03-2008, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pray
Dude, when don't you go out of town? You are missing all the fun. You would easily be in the 10's next weekend if the weather is what is forcasted.

I want to see some 9's as well but it is going to take a run like RobZ's to happen. Mid 1.4 60ft and power shifting all the way down the track with no tire spin on the shifts. I am just not sure if I had the new power at the track last time or not. I need to do some track tuning while I am there. We will see what happens.

I can't believe Kurts stock clutch has held up so far. Mine was done on the fourth 11.3 pass with 1.7 60fts.
I honestly don't go out of town that much but my luck this year when already set plans falling on track days. I will be at Rockingham in December, I think its the 13th for TNT when Dom had that street car challenge thing set up. A few of us are still planning on going and running even though the event is off.

I know your car has it in it and you have the driving skills to make it happen. Hopefully the air is perfect with a little tailwind and you will be knocking on the door for sure. I ran some Saturday in the 75+ heat and the best I could manage was a 7.13 @ 98 still with some bogging after the launch. Man its some work launching this thing just right.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Strong numbers for sure, especially in such a lightweight car. Can't wait to see how you trap at the track. I don't see 125 being a problem at all, especially in cooler weather.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

bump edited original post with current dyno sheet and details

Quick Reply: Dynoed my TFS VRX5 FAST combo today