Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

New 416 dyno numbers. Thanks Ron and Pat G.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

Have you looked at LG's Big 3 catback? It comes with the flange for the X-Pipe to run a true 3" out the back. If you believe LG's number, it's worth around 5-7rwhp over B&B Bullets and 15-17 over the Stock Ti exhaust. I don't know anything about the exhaust you have now, but if it flows somewhere between the Ti and Bullets, you might be able to crack 565-570 with the exhaust change.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Have you looked at LG's Big 3 catback? It comes with the flange for the X-Pipe to run a true 3" out the back. If you believe LG's number, it's worth around 5-7rwhp over B&B Bullets and 15-17 over the Stock Ti exhaust. I don't know anything about the exhaust you have now, but if it flows somewhere between the Ti and Bullets, you might be able to crack 565-570 with the exhaust change.
I will have to look into the Big Three. I know SW sells a 3" cat back as well. Do you know if they replace the neck down portion of the Kooks X-pipe? The exhaust I have on now is the Next Phase kit or something. It is supposed to use the same can as the Borla Stingers I had on there but has quad tips. The only problem is that I don't think it is a true 2 1/2" diameter and it necks down pretty bad for the quad exhaust. A friend of mine got it for me and it does sound better. I had Bullets and loved them but the car was just too laud to start at five a.m. every day. Now I have a beater so I am trying to go back to Bullets. I should have just unbolted the exhaust on the dyno to see if there was any to gain. I was just out of time.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I will have to look into the Big Three. I know SW sells a 3" cat back as well. Do you know if they replace the neck down portion of the Kooks X-pipe? The exhaust I have on now is the Next Phase kit or something. It is supposed to use the same can as the Borla Stingers I had on there but has quad tips. The only problem is that I don't think it is a true 2 1/2" diameter and it necks down pretty bad for the quad exhaust. A friend of mine got it for me and it does sound better. I had Bullets and loved them but the car was just too laud to start at five a.m. every day. Now I have a beater so I am trying to go back to Bullets. I should have just unbolted the exhaust on the dyno to see if there was any to gain. I was just out of time.
I went through the same deal with my bullets. I ended up going back to my stock Ti and adding DMH cutouts. It is a great setup. First it is 1/2 the price of any other catback, and it is adjustable. Wide open when I want it, and quiet with the Ti when I do not. You may want to look into those cutouts.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Wish I'd have kept my Ti's....although I do no miss the gay looking stock exhaust tips....my GHL tips look MUCH BETTER...might try and put the Ti's back on mine with DMH cutouts and aftermarket tips
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ron at Vengeance recommended the same cut out's. Is DMH a sponsor? If not, where do I get them? I am sure I sold my Ti a long time ago, but if the cut outs are not that expensive I will just keep what I have and install the cut outs.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice numbers. She must be a rocket when you go WOT with traction.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pray
Ron at Vengeance recommended the same cut out's. Is DMH a sponsor? If not, where do I get them? I am sure I sold my Ti a long time ago, but if the cut outs are not that expensive I will just keep what I have and install the cut outs.
Not sure if DMH is a sponsor, but they are sold by sponsors such as Vengence, and Derek@EDO. They run about 400-500 dollars for the dual low profile cutouts and all the associated wiring.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 PM
FormerVendor

We stock DMH cutouts... Theyre a lil more expensive than most would think, BUT the quality is unbeatable!!!!

Congrats on the #s!!!!! Glad to be part of such an impressive build!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Addict

Don't forget the 4 year warranty on the DMH cutouts
Old 10-21-2008, 11:23 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Nice numbers it is hard to not make power with TFS heads! Flaco's 414 with TFS's made over 550rwhp in a truck though a 4L80, so a lot of good numbers coming out of these mild H/C combinations Congrats again very nice.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
We stock DMH cutouts... Theyre a lil more expensive than most would think, BUT the quality is unbeatable!!!!

Congrats on the #s!!!!! Glad to be part of such an impressive build!!!
Always humble Ron. Your shop is spitting out amazing stuff and yet you remain humble. I guess you can just sit back when you are one of the best and let everyone else talk about how good you are. LOL. Talk to you later buddy.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:11 PM
LS6
TECH Regular

Those TFS seems to be big delivery of hp with larger displacment

I do not know, if the same setup is made with LS3/L92 CNC heads and spec. cam, will the output power be close to the TFS or will be much lower...

Those TFS head make LSX engine crazy...

Quick Reply: New 416 dyno numbers. Thanks Ron and Pat G.