Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

TEA As Cast Vs DART Cylinder Heads- Dyno Results Inside!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonisdn
why did joe get fired from crd and the 2 other head shops? stick to the question i asked if they won before joe why would they change the head? they didn't. i'll say it out loud JOE LIED
Even though Joe has passed I'll let him answer your question.

Quoted directly from Joe:

"Camking, I don't have to substantiate what I am saying anyways. You know full well I did all the cylinder head work at CRD including the DP stuff. You are trying to drum up business. I actually know what went on there, and you think you do because you talk to Bob and Jack, neither of who have ever mentioned you.
I am not trying to take credit for something I didn't do. I have never claimed 40 hp from a cam. Anyone who knows me on here knows my background with DP stuff and that I actually did it. I know what the truth is. Bret did a cam that made more power everywhere than any other cam we had dyno tested. I'm not going to argue with you about it because I know the truth; I was there when it was run on the dyno.
I have nothing I need to prove. I was just trying to substantiate that Bret did a cam that was a nasty mf'r."

Now if you would be so kind as to answer the questions I ask you. And another question is, how in the world did Joe and CRD get drug into this thread? Why are you trying so hard to discredit someone that did so much for the racing community in such a short time?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica
The material of the guide has nothing to do with it needing a aftermarket rocker arm or not. Sorry about that.
Trick Flow will be posting the results of their hundreds of hours of testing guide materials and rocker arms on their web site soon.

Every top shop in the country that I deal with knows the stock LS rockers used over .550" lift wears out bronze guides in any LS head, Tony Mamo recently admitted the same thing.

A head can have several thousanths of guide wear and sometimes not show any effects on power or oil consumption, but then some do show oil consumption and power loss.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Regular

Now if you would be so kind as to answer the questions I ask you. And another question is, how in the world did Joe and CRD get drug into this thread? Why are you trying so hard to discredit someone that did so much for the racing community in such a short time?[/QUOTE]

post 159, joes heads brought to this thread by a bert supporter.

tell me how you think he did so much when he got fired from 3 shops and got arrested for beating up his girlfriend on one of his drunken adventures?
then the way jon said " he might be dead but you can buy his work though bre" thats just a disgusting way to try to sell a product. joe says he don't have to prove anything, to me that means he's hiding the truth. see you know some of the story but only what HE told. there is always 2 sides. I was also told berts cams were throwen out due to being to aggressive. they also said joes heads moved more air and made less power. maybe both of us have been told little white lies hiding the real truth. the only people that know are those involved. everytime the story passes from 1 to another it always changes.
as for your comment about ai calling comp. i just don't see that happening they use a guy thats local to them to design their cams. i guess you heard that from bert since thats the first i have heard of it?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So are we talking about a Z06 or an FRC with Z06 badges?
Old 12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedracerZO6
This is my car that the comparisons were done on 99 FRC corvette.
I'm fairly confused here, so maybe you can help me out. You had the Dart 205's for sale on another board and you said your car made 440rwhp with them.

Originally Posted by FRCspeedracer
No this are not worked; but could be. I did clean up the runners and polish em a bit. They got me 440s rwhp. Im wanting to try the New Trickflows out is the only reason for the swap.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:56 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What the hell is being discussed in this thread? I thought this was about a guy had a set of DART heads, dyno'd the car, then swapped the heads to a set of TFS as cast heads and redyno'd the car.

I'm now reading about some guy who got arrested, or some lies about some crap at Rolex race series.....

Seriously, I think a soap opera is easier to follow than this thread.

And unfortunately, I'm in the market for a new set of heads, and the past 100 posts mean jack **** to me.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Soap opera for sure, I'm just wondering how the car lost 20rwhp and then the TFS heads put it back to where it had previously dyno'd with the Darts?

Originally Posted by speedracerZO6
Up for sell are a set of 205 Dart Heads with 4,750 miles of use. They have cleaned up runners (polished). Also as a bonus a set of Manley Dual .650 lift springs with Titanium Retainers part # 221436-16 cost me $412 bucks just for the spring upgrade. My stock bottom end with a F14 cam put down 436rwhp and 418TQ with these heads. I have all receipts for heads and springs. I cutting a huge deal for someone $950. Paypal account pay to bluefalcon469@hotmail.com
Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley
Trick Flow will be posting the results of their hundreds of hours of testing guide materials and rocker arms on their web site soon.

Every top shop in the country that I deal with knows the stock LS rockers used over .550" lift wears out bronze guides in any LS head, Tony Mamo recently admitted the same thing.

A head can have several thousanths of guide wear and sometimes not show any effects on power or oil consumption, but then some do show oil consumption and power loss.
Its nice to see that some people are still putting in the time and effort to test stuff instead of spewing out random bs trying to sell more of their products.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Banned

Nice catch Viper, so who is lying? speedracer is lying to sell his heads? or they are lying about the dyno? why is it a Z06 on one site, and a FRC on another? things aren't adding up about this comparison..
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian Tooley

Brian,

That still proves nothing about the material of the guides dictating rocker type.

If what you are saying was true, then don't run bronze guides and be done with it..
Old 12-04-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KMS.1320
Nice catch Viper, so who is lying? speedracer is lying to sell his heads? or they are lying about the dyno? why is it a Z06 on one site, and a FRC on another? things aren't adding up about this comparison..

I think the guys' hotmail account name tells the whole story....BlueFalcon ..... cawcaaaw!! Military guys will know what I'm talking about haha.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Restricted User

tell me how you think he did so much when he got fired from 3 shops and got arrested for beating up his girlfriend on one of his drunken adventures?
then the way jon said " he might be dead but you can buy his work though bre" thats just a disgusting way to try to sell a product. joe says he don't have to prove anything, to me that means he's hiding the truth. see you know some of the story but only what HE told. there is always 2 sides. I was also told berts cams were throwen out due to being to aggressive. they also said joes heads moved more air and made less power. maybe both of us have been told little white lies hiding the real truth. the only people that know are those involved. everytime the story passes from 1 to another it always changes.
as for your comment about ai calling comp. i just don't see that happening they use a guy thats local to them to design their cams. i guess you heard that from bert since thats the first i have heard of it?
Whatever, and as for selling Joes' heads, his familly gets a royalty for every set that sells. So Joe's family is still reaping the benifits of Joe's work. Kinda nice how that works isn't it.
Like you said there's always to sides to a story and your side doesn't seem to be the one to believe. I've heard a lot of the storys your talking about and your way isn't the way they happened.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:48 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Who the hell is JOE????
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now if you would be so kind as to answer the questions I ask you. And another question is, how in the world did Joe and CRD get drug into this thread? Why are you trying so hard to discredit someone that did so much for the racing community in such a short time?

as for your comment about ai calling comp. i just don't see that happening they use a guy thats local to them to design their cams. i guess you heard that from bert since thats the first i have heard of it?[/QUOTE]

why are you making statements like this thru hearsay?this guy said this or that about Joe doing this,bla blah..
he's not here to defend himself,and this kind of crap does not belong on a forum about a person that has passed away..take it to PMs,it's bullshit and disrespectful..
and this goes for anybody on this board,no matter whose side your on..
Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

AGAIN, this thread is about Dart as cast vs. TEA as cast cylinder heads.

So who is Joe? Why should I care about him, and what the hell does he have to do with either of those two heads?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

So who is Joe? Why should I care about him, and what the hell does he have to do with either of those two heads?
he doesn't have anything to do with these heads..he passed away in May,i think..he was a head porter..
and i agree,keep the thread on topic..
Old 12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by VIPERBLUELX
I'm fairly confused here, so maybe you can help me out. You had the Dart 205's for sale on another board and you said your car made 440rwhp with them.
wow
Old 12-04-2008, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist

Who is Joe?
I assume everyone is talking about Joe Mendelis? Rather known as "The Pipe" or "Joey". Joe at a very young age made his presents known very clearly among head porters. And I am not talking about corner shop guys either. We are talking about shops that control the NHRA/Nascar/IHRA/Rolex racing series.

I admit I had a hard time believing all of this a few years ago when Joe was making his way up through the ranks... Making "internet proven" shops upset on his way up... At the end of the day...everyone always thought he was just a SAM student... wrong they were! Joey was born with the ability to make good air!

I am not ashamed to admit the first time I played with Joes stuff... My question was the same as many (How does this KID know all this $hIT)!!! He blew my hair back BIG TIME!

Let the man RIP and continue the thread!
Dennis

PS. Joey has nothing to do with this thread.... Period! But his "SHOCKWAVE" has pi$$ed that many marginal head shops... Even after he has passed... you will continue to hear his name. A shame it is.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
On The Tree

Who is Joe?
I assume everyone is talking about Joe Mendelis? Rather known as "The Pipe" or "Joey". Joe at a very young age made his presents known very clearly among head porters. And I am not talking about corner shop guys either. We are talking about shops that control the NHRA/Nascar/IHRA/Rolex racing series.

I admit I had a hard time believing all of this a few years ago when Joe was making his way up through the ranks... Making "internet proven" shops upset on his way up... At the end of the day...everyone always thought he was just a SAM student... wrong they were! Joey was born with the ability to make good air!

I am not ashamed to admit the first time I played with Joes stuff... My question was the same as many (How does this KID know all this $hIT)!!! He blew my hair back BIG TIME!

Dennis

PS. Joey has nothing to do with this thread.... Period! But his "SHOCKWAVE" has pi$$ed that many marginal head shops... Even after he has passed... you will continue to hear his name. A shame it is
The best thing I have read on this crap thread!
People who know that they are selling crap bs, well, they always resort to personal attacks!! Sad really!!
Old 12-05-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by airflowdevelop
Who is Joe?

Dennis

PS. Joey has nothing to do with this thread.... Period! But his "SHOCKWAVE" has pi$$ed that many marginal head shops... Even after he has passed... you will continue to hear his name. A shame it is.

Thank you Dennis.

RIP Joey, we miss you.

Quick Reply: TEA As Cast Vs DART Cylinder Heads- Dyno Results Inside!!!!