Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

My dyno results...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My dyno results...

Phil (goes by the screen name Blue Cat on many boards) tuned my car last week and here are the results. I've heard from more than one person (and even Phil admits to it) that his dyno reads fairly low.

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d8ILwVasDg

My Z28 put down more torque than any other bolt-on only LS1 he has tuned, and he's tuned quite a few. Another car put out about 4 more horsepower to the wheels. With my car being an A4, I was happy with how everything turned out.

How big of a cam would I have to go in order to reach 400rwhp? Or would the cam be too insane to run on a daily driven car and just buy a good set of heads to include?

The mods are in my sig.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

trex cam for sure. id get something custom always but everything i ever looked at is close to t rex specs. a set of 243's would be b/a on it as well
Old 01-20-2009, 07:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother put down almost those same numbers with those similar mods, then installed a custom 230/236 551/551 112LSA cam and made 420rwhp SAE on a dynojet. I'd look into a custom cam in that range. His has a nice lope but is totally streetable. I believe he got that grind from Eastside Performance (not sure if they're a sponsor or not ). It trapped 118.9 at Englishtown and his car is 100% full weight, so the numbers were legit. Talk to someone like Patrick G and tell him your goals power-wise and driveability-wise and I'm sure you can get a speced cam that'll do exactly what you want. 400rwhp cam-only these days is nothing over-the-top.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks!

I will give him a shout sometime later this year when I have a new tranny and stall in the car.

Pewter, what ET was your brother running?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Hmm, i was comparing your graph to his. its interesting to see the difference between the 1 3/4 & 1 7/8 primaries. he peaks at 5500, you peak at 5660. he makes slightly more at 5K, but a noticeable difference occurs between 4-4.5K. I realize all cars are different and tuning is different but your mods are pretty much the same. But I'd say its fairly obvious to notice the difference between the header sizes.