Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

346 vs 402, UPDATED graph, Now with final tuning and 95mm tb in the mix

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice comparison. That is some monster torque with the new setup. That thing's gonna be a blast to cruise on. You gonna be hittin up the track when you get it back? I can't wait to see how it does. I know with your gearing/etc it's not really a "track car", but it would still be cool to see what it can do.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for recognizing that she's not setup to run optimally at the track.

With that being said I plan on hitting the track at least once maybe twice. I am going to predict 11's with one of my blazing 3 second 60 ft times. LOL. But seriously I can't 60 very well so I'll just say 11's (mid to high) and hopefully a strong trap 128+

Does that sound reasonable ??
Old 03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

http://www.race-cars.net/calculators...alculator.html

I punched in what I know and came up with around 11.1 : 1

Not sure if the piston comes out of or stays in the cylinder, as that would effect the equation so I just assumed 0.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a blown up graph, I also added the gains in HP/TQ to the graph:
Attached Thumbnails 346 vs 402, UPDATED graph, Now with final tuning and 95mm tb in the mix-allngn_c5graph.jpg  
Old 03-16-2009, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks again Chris. The larger graph makes it look even better. Then the bottom add on is pretty interesting. Guess that degree in computer engineering is paying off. Now when are you coming out to the house to look at my computer ?? LOL

UPDATE

When I get home from work this afternoon I will be purchasing my ticket to LGM. If the ticket is still available I will be leaving Detroit on 3/18 at 7 am and arriving in Sunny/Warm Dallas, Texas at 905 am. From there its off via LGM limo (not actually a limo LOL) to the shop to be reunited with my baby. Hopefully do a dyno pull and a quick test drive, some pics, and lunch then I'll hit the road for a straight drive home. 12 noon leaving LGM and hopefully arrive at my house around 6 am on the 19th. At that time I will start a thread about the drive home, and then will need to crash. Wish me a safe flight and drive home. Going to pick up some caffeine to help with the alert factor on the way home. Will definately need it.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Thanks for recognizing that she's not setup to run optimally at the track.

With that being said I plan on hitting the track at least once maybe twice. I am going to predict 11's with one of my blazing 3 second 60 ft times. LOL. But seriously I can't 60 very well so I'll just say 11's (mid to high) and hopefully a strong trap 128+

Does that sound reasonable ??
It's all gonna depend on what wheels/tires you're running. Gonna be hard to grab traction with all that torque unless you're on a good size slick! But the gearing should help out with that since it's not too steep. What wheels/tires are you gonna run or do you run on normally?

And have fun on the trip! Sure wish I was getting out of work for a couple days to go pickup my car with a new badass setup on it. You must be pumped as hell. STAY AWAKE!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

For the strip Nitto DRs 305 35r18
For the street Michelin PS2's 295 35r18 rears 265 40r17 I think
I also have OE Good year run flats, and fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I will be driving from Texas to Michigan with the runflats on her. They should keep me from feeling to courageous since I know they won't hold up to the torque this thing will make.

BTW I also drive on the street with the DRs too if I am looking for some fun. A little extra bite has helped me more then a few times.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

For the strip Nitto DRs 305 35r18
For the street Michelin PS2's 295 35r18 rears 265 40r17 I think
I also have OE Good year run flats, and fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I will be driving from Texas to Michigan with the runflats on her. They should keep me from feeling to courageous since I know they won't hold up to the torque this thing will make.

BTW I also drive on the street with the DRs too if I am looking for some fun. A little extra bite has helped me more then a few times.
Yikes, that's gonna be a trip and a half down the strip on 18" Nittos, even the 305s! And I can't even imagine driving that car on street tires. My brother's stock LT1 auto with 3.42s will spin em from a dig. Your 500+rwtq 6-speed in a light car is gonna be downright scary. Be careful, man. I'd personally be rockin the Nittos full time if I were you; they last a long time. The Michelins are gonna be useless unless you're only going WOT from like 4th gear.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I am going to have to re learn how to drive this car for sure. I'll be talking to a few people about some rear tires, and when the ps2's are balded and/or worn I will put something sticky on there. I can't do the dr's full time because of the speeds I like on the highway. They also make the rear end feel like its sliding when I go around curves. I don't trust them at speed in anything other then a straight line. If I do run the drs on the expressway I keep my foot out of it until I am pointed straight ahead. The side wall doesn't like lateral forces. May be wrong about it but its my personal opinion.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Well I am going to have to re learn how to drive this car for sure. I'll be talking to a few people about some rear tires, and when the ps2's are balded and/or worn I will put something sticky on there. I can't do the dr's full time because of the speeds I like on the highway. They also make the rear end feel like its sliding when I go around curves. I don't trust them at speed in anything other then a straight line. If I do run the drs on the expressway I keep my foot out of it until I am pointed straight ahead. The side wall doesn't like lateral forces. May be wrong about it but its my personal opinion.
Definitely not wrong, it's all about how and where you like to drive.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Definitely not wrong, it's all about how and where you like to drive.
The runflats are terrible from a dig but love the curves and those stiff side walls keep me feeling stuck to the ground. No floating feeling. The ps2s stick even better, and I trust them at higher speeds (don't ask how I know)
Old 03-17-2009, 07:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are great results.Really shows how a stroker motor shines.I could care less about peak hp.It's all about the midrange on any street car.

We are working on some similar. 418ci,225's,11.8-1 comp and a small mid 230's Cam
Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Those are great results.Really shows how a stroker motor shines.I could care less about peak hp.It's all about the midrange on any street car.

We are working on some similar. 418ci,225's,11.8-1 comp and a small mid 230's Cam
That sounds like a ringing endorsement. I'd really like to share the cam specs so that others could duplicate my build more precisely but I don't know them.

Slowhawk, I see you are doing a 418, I was wondering if there was any chance you could do back to back testing and see what some 205's will do?

My guess would be amazing low/mid range torque that holds nicely up top as well. The port velocity with 205's would be insane on a 418. The 225's would definately pull away on the dyno, but what would happen from a dig on the street ?? I think the 205 setup comes out of the hole a little quicker, and the 225 setup has to reel him in. JMO

What kind of numbers do you think she'll make on that stingy dyno ??

What are your thoughts on opening the fast 92 inlet to 95mm's ?? I ask because of the success I had.

Thanks again for the comments. I appreciate it.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It was suppose to run some 205's but when we sent them to get some valve work they found problems with them. The orig plan was 418,205's,same Cam and 12-1 comp.

BTW-I know the Cam specs,just don't want to give out LG's work.