Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dynoed the Z06 today...... Not Happy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

You don't sound like a dad, but you do sound like a man with plenty of common sense. I just spent 20 mins on the phone with Travis, and he and I fully understand what the other has on the line. I would like to echo your sentiment. Travis if you have more on your plate then you can handle at this time then don't buy my heads. I can afford to wait to find a buyer, but would like to get a deal done. Either way bro, you got my number and you can call me anytime. Good guy, love bs'ing about cars with ya. Good luck at work, hopefully it picks up as I hope my OT picks up too. I only have one day so far this week and its Thursday night. I only have Sat/Sun to pad my check.
Old 05-14-2009 | 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Sounds good. I know how it feels when wanting something like this, but I have a family that comes first. Between my cam install and the head install, I waited quite a bit of time. As funds allowed, I would buy a part here and there, and eventually was able to purchase the heads I got.

In the end, it was worth it especially since I didn't owe anything.

You will get it worked out Travis, just a lot of options and decisions to be made. But that can be just as fun.
Old 05-14-2009 | 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Per my conversation with Travis if things go VERY well on my end with OT, I may extend a bit of help to him with getting these heads. That's only if I do well with OT. This statement goes for the other buyer too in case you read this. But I'd need 8 OT shifts on this 2 week check and the next one to be able to afford to drop the price at all. So keep your fingers crossed that I score the ot, and I will be happy to help you out.

Remember the first 200 deposit holds them until you pay them off. (Hopefully within 6-8 weeks of the June 22nd install date.)
Old 05-14-2009 | 10:20 PM
LSX Mechanic

Stay cool Damian. BTW can I get an invite to stop by and see your operation when I am at VR in June??
Sure man give me a shout via PM or email. I should be moved into my new location by then (3 bays w/ in-ground dynojet) Plenty enough for one mechanic..
Old 05-14-2009 | 11:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Damian
Sure man give me a shout via PM or email. I should be moved into my new location by then (3 bays w/ in-ground dynojet) Plenty enough for one mechanic..
Glad to hear that you are expanding. 3 bays and 1 in groud DJ and just you? Damn you are going to be busy or in the market for 2 guys that know how to do **** so you can make some money off of them.

Good luck.
Old 05-14-2009 | 11:54 PM
LSX Mechanic

I've tried hiring 3 guys to help me. One guy didn't feel he needed to show up when cars needed to be finished or to fix his F-ups, one other was a joke that graduated from UTI that probably couldn't find his *** with both hands a road map.
Old 05-15-2009 | 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well best of luck keeping up with the work all by yourself. Also best of luck finding a good guy. I had a partner that worked with me up hear at the Dept. and he was a FORD certified MASTER mechanic. I know FORD ?? Anyways the guy was a whiz !! Long story short he got laid off at my job and he was out of work sorta, unless you count doing 12 hrs a week at a FORD dealership doing oil changes and tune ups. For crying out loud this kid is good and the dealership had to give the work to the higher seniority techs with families. My buddy said F this I am out of the motor city and he moved to Florida. You could've taken him under your wing and converted him to an LSx guy / expert in about 3 months. He was a motorhead from birth. Got his old school lightning with a big shot to run very low 11's at 130 mph, not too bad.
Old 05-15-2009 | 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
My buddy is going to go back through the tune and look at the timing all across the rpm band and see if it has too much at any point.
You can't just look at it. If he hasn't tuned 100s of cars, he won't know if it looks right or not. Heck even if he has, some combos just like less timing than others, and the only real way to tell is to put it on the dyno, and start taking timing out and see what it makes.
Old 05-15-2009 | 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks edcat we will be doing alot of tuning next week.
Old 06-03-2009 | 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just bring it up to NC and let Williams Performance get a good tune on it.