Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

427 LSX Build - DYNO RESULTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar75150
Ross' dyno is also very stingy. 550 is a good number
Well that's interesting! Ross is a really neat guy. And its really easy to get in there to dyno if you catch them on a good day. You also can't beat the price haha.

Originally Posted by ExceSSive
I'm talking about the track...I would never try to upload a new tune driving down the street. It definitely would not be worth it for a spur of the moment street light to street light race...
I know what you mean, it really wouldn't be any problem to upload a new tune when going to the track. I may just go with the 4" exhaust and cutout eventually...we'll see.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just went ahead and overlaid the two graphs....it is really remarkable how much power I gained going from closed exhaust (SLOWmaster) to 3" cutout.

The final damage is +70rwhp/+84rwtrq.

Check out this insane graph. It literally looks like I jumped from a built 346 to a 427 lol. It feels like a completely different animal cutout closed vs. cutout open. I'm also not done yet, there is still some more exhaust mods to do (dual exhaust or 4" mufflex), FAST LSXR LS7 ported intake.
Attached Thumbnails 427 LSX Build - DYNO RESULTS-dynosaur-perf-427lsx.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn man nice gains. I would have never thought a cutout would open up that much power.

Quick Reply: 427 LSX Build - DYNO RESULTS