Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

FWIW, TEA 1.5 vs. 2.5 +90RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what schould I do take to some where else and have it tuned again..??
Old 11-11-2003, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so what schould I do take to some where else and have it tuned again..?? Or are these.. Heads Just not ported as much as they are souposed. To be..???
Old 11-11-2003, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

SuperSlow - defenitly check the tune. With a poor tune, you can loose major power. Was your car tuned on a dyno or just tuned via mail? Also, the mac's might be holding you back some. Do you have a ported TB? ASP pulley?
Old 11-11-2003, 10:34 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Also, the mac's might be holding you back some.
Mac's won't hurt peak #'s on a 346 hydraulic motor. It's midrange that'll change with LT's. Atap the car, and tune it.

josh
Old 11-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Launching!

I to only dynoed 398rwhp and 385rwt with that same exact setup stg 1.5 tea heads and a c2 cam 224 224 581 581 all bolt ons except underdrive pullies and throttle body. I have hooker longtubes and 3in duel exaust.The car went 11.70 at 117mph with a 1.60 60ft.
Mph low indication of low hp!!
Thinking of selling heads.
Old 11-11-2003, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

you guys may want to look into your entire set up and tune before you blame the heads, also put up a seperate post about your set up so people can help you, its not right to hijack a post by a sponsor promoting a new product
Old 11-12-2003, 12:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I Dont Have A Ported Tb Or Underdrive Pulley

And The Car Was Tuned On Mti's Dyno.
By Jason
Old 11-12-2003, 10:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by chevydan
I to only dynoed 398rwhp and 385rwt with that same exact setup stg 1.5 tea heads and a c2 cam 224 224 581 581 all bolt ons except underdrive pullies and throttle body. I have hooker longtubes and 3in duel exaust.The car went 11.70 at 117mph with a 1.60 60ft.
A friend of mine with the same cam and Tea stg 2's did 448 with a A4 stock rear car. My stg 2's with that cam did 388 and 446tq with a TH400 and running on 7 cylinders. So I would have to say it's your tune. Go to Speed Inc and have Jim tune it for ya.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:05 PM
Launching!

My car was tuned at tea.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

try all the mods and then compare to others, there has been a few cars with tea heads that have been down on power in the past, tea claimed they had a new valve job to solve the power loss, you may want to see if you have updated heads.
TEA may also want to clear things up with other sponsors here is a quote from one of there good friends they have made
[quote/]

So where is the mystery? Leave it to TEA to pull oats out of horse $hit.

He should worry about his heads sucking rather than trying to play "gotcha".

2 pulls with the first at 435, and the second at 442? How many of you have done pulls and stopped at 2 pulls?

Did anyone think that the idle problem might be a mechanical problem? or a sensor that is reading bad, or an air leak, or tps problem?

In addition, the owner was going to drive the car around Dallas, and I was going to meet him on Sunday to touch up the idle and address any drivability problems, but he had to leave for Nashville, so he couldn't stop by.

Do you think that BYRON TOOL-e was TRYING to get a low number by getting the car too hot or any number of ways where the dyno can be made to read low. ( 6hp low ?)

Here is the graph below of the car the way it left my shop. The customer said that he just wanted it to run hard but not on the edge. He said he wasn't looking for the last hp, just reliability. The car left LG Motorsports with 448.rwhp and 404 rwtq. This was not one of the 460rwhp cars that left our shop. Not every customer wants the max. Althought Andy, the owner, has been bitten by the racing bug now.

So the TEA guys could only get it to read 6rwhp low? I guess they didn't try hard enough.

The car still trapped 125 in the 1/4mile with street tires on.

Oh and by the way, we have found that in most cases the 3rd pull is the best.

Thanks brian, I appreciate that you can find time to do this kind of crap rather than try to get your cyl heads up to the level of the rest of the head vendors on this forum.
Every head from patriot to Absolute and even home made heads work better than yours. your heads need NOS to make any power.

For your punishment, you have to be Brian Tooley for the rest of your life.

LG
[quote]

Last edited by ne14a6t9; 11-12-2003 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Does TEA not design their own ports anymore? Is SAM/Judson Massengill doing this for all TEA heads now?
Old 11-12-2003, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chevydan has the exact setup, even no TB or UDP as SuperSlowSSLS1, see the latter's mods and TEA complaints here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/113769-tea-1-5-cam-problems.html

That's weird. Both are complaining of low power and both lack a ported TB and UDP yet both have TEA S1.5 heads and the same C2 cam. Are you two the same person just on different computers, like one at work and home, or are you each different unique posters? I'm confused

If they are two different people they should collaborate on their cars as they both seem to be having a similar issue. It might help pinpoint answers to their questions.

Last edited by CANNIBAL; 11-12-2003 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redc4
Does TEA not design their own ports anymore? Is SAM/Judson Massengill doing this for all TEA heads now?
Of course they're doing their own ports still. The SAM/Judson is a special port program they can add at your request.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
Chevydan has the exact setup, even no TB or UDP as SuperSlowSSLS1, see the latter's mods and TEA complaints here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113769

That's weird. Both are complaining of low power and both lack a ported TB and UDP yet both have TEA S1.5 heads and the same C2 cam. Are you two the same person just on different computers, like one at work and home, or are you each different unique posters? I'm confused

If they are two different people they should collaborate on their cars as they both seem to be having a similar issue. It might help pinpoint answers to their questions.

Cannibal Why do you have to be rude.I live in georgia and have no idea who super slo is obvious if he got his tuned at mti and i got mine tuned at tea we are not the same person. I posted for some help not a *** kicking!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cannibal Why do you have to be rude.I live in georgia and have no idea who super slo is obvious if he got his tuned at mti and i got mine tuned at tea we are not the same person. I posted for some help not a *** kicking!!!!!
I wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to ascertain who is who. Plus, since both of your setups are not up to your 'pars' with the same setup with H/C I was wondering if there is something similar on both of your cars causing it.

You both have the S1.5s and the same cam and both were tuned. I wonder if there is something you both have in common causing your lower than expected numbers, that's all.

Old 11-12-2003, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I Live In Houston Tx And All Iam Looking For Is Some Help With My Prob.. Canninal What Do U Think That Is Wrong With Are Setups?

Let Me No What U Think We Schould To
Thanks Frank
Old 11-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSlowSSLS1
I Live In Houston Tx And All Iam Looking For Is Some Help With My Prob.. Canninal What Do U Think That Is Wrong With Are Setups?

Let Me No What U Think We Schould To
Thanks Frank

Ditto:on that superslow. I am just frustrated dont know what to do.$$$$ spent and not satisfied.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Do you all have the dyno graphs to post? That would help plus we could have others look at your A/F on the runs to see if you were lean/rich and at what RPM, etc.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have dyno graphs.. But iam not schure how to post them exactly..
I just want to no if we did not get are heads done the way they where souposed to be done.. Or whats wrong.. ?? This is my frist heads and cam..
And iam not happy. With it at all..
chevydan do u think that we schould change are cam's?
Old 11-12-2003, 10:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ChevyDan and SuperSlowSSLS1
It is a mystery to me how one car with our Stg 1.5 makes 448 RWHP through a A4 and you guys can't make 400 RWHP. I can't believe there is that much difference in our CNC ported heads, as Speed Inc, GMMG and others have seen 10 RWHP from highest to lowest. But now it can only be the fault of the heads, I would say look at some other places before you give them the boot. If you do pull them off the car please send them to me so that we can check to make sure there are no issues with the head. Could be an install problem or anything.
NE14A6T9
Lou choose the battle, not us. I stepped on his toes, apologized for doing so and then he cut my head off. Lou says our heads were down on power on his dyno, but then dozens of other shops tell us we have the highest dynoing cars, WITH THE SMALLEST CAMS, that they have seen. Come on 448 through a A4 with a 224/224 .581.581 at Speed Inc, 449 through a 12 bolt at GMMG's, thats serious power! Of course most everyone on the internet is calling BS on LG's numbers right now. We got this car in, the guy is from Nashville, he told us it was supposed to make 46x and it makes 442 on the THIRD pull. But now it is not supposed to make 46x it is supposed to make 448? It all sounds like bull to me, another thing that is bull is how every post that is negative towards LG gets pulled but for other vendors it is not. I can tell you this before any moderator pulls one of my posts they better have John or Tony call me or they can kiss my advertising dollars goodbye and I am taking other vendors with me!

Enough bashing, keep the Tech in LS1tech

[EDIT by jmX: To "keep the tech in LS1tech" I have removed the PERSONAL remarks about other vendors from your post]

Last edited by jmX; 11-13-2003 at 01:44 AM.