Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

'02 Camaro SS M6 458rwhp/421rwtq !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '02 Camaro SS M6 458rwhp/421rwtq !!!

Typically its all started with a few bolt-ons Dyno'd 'n hits 343rwhp/351rwtq @ 13.1 AFR (Feels damn sluggish) a joke Mods List :

2002 Camaro SS M6 with a fresh stock LS1 motor 30k on odo
K&N FIPK
SLP 85mm Z06
Pacesetter LTs
ORY
Borla Adj. CB
SLP U/D pulley
Walbro 255L Fuel Pump

After going back and forth with my buddy & keep saying to him "Nah , Its not fast enuff" eventually i managed to convince him to take her to the next level.
Too many shops with non-scratched reputation but i thought to went with someone being well known & highly respected around here > Ron@Vengeance Just simply give the guy a shot & you could respectfully step a side to let him do the rest

I call it 346ci No joke Package

Trickflow CNC 215cc Heads Milled to 59cc
TrickFlow 7.500 Hardened Pushrods
Vindicator Camshaft (240/244 .608/.596 112+0)
Yella Terra 1.7 Ultra lite RR
ARP Heads Bolt
GM MLS Head Gaskets
FAST 92mm Intake Manifold Ported by Vengeance
Nick Williams 92mm Billet Throttlebody
Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump
LS2 Timing Chain
FORD Motorsport 42lb/hr Fuel Injectors
NGK TR55 Plugs
Not to mentioned all gaskets & T-Shirt which coming along the above Nice 'n Neat Ron
Spec Stg 3 Clutch & Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel(Thanks to Fraser@Speedinc)
Tick Performance Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder (Thanks To Joey@TickPerfomance)
Stock Rear with 3.42

All being said things delivered on the time but customs took me forever to released the package from the airport (Ron knows damn well what i'm talking about, Don't ya) anyway three weeks later things tightened up @ Hisham's shop (Nicely done buddy) & here's the best part of it > The First Start :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZZC5yUnv4&fmt=18

The tuner tweaking a lil bit adjusting the idle @ 950rpm and gave her an extra dose of fuel so we can put a few miles on the new clutch.
A week later it was the moment of the truth (Dyno Tune) we were so excited except the owner he was too nervous LOL

A couple of runs to hit the bulls-eye with awesome driveability (Dyno Sheet) Got Torque ?! Hell yah :

PS all Runs were through wide open Borla CB so stay tuned for Idle/Dyno run/Driveability/WOT pass after E-Cutouts & SD tune been done.

A nice pic that i made for the 346ci No joke package :

At last i would like to thanks Ron@Vengeance & Mike@Vengeance & Hisham(Tech/Tuner) for their outstanding customer service...i know i'm not the first nor the last one to say this but ya guys ROCK

peace
Old 07-11-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the results. The air fuel looks really lean though from the graph....
Old 07-11-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

What are the SAE numbers?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Launching!

sweet that car sounds wicked man.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

what were the SAE numbers? Thought 59cc and Vidicator with all the mods was the 500rwhp combo from Vengeance?
Does look Uber lean per the graph
Old 07-11-2009, 07:22 PM
10 Second Club

surely that required flycutting as well didnt it? another observation...for a 240 244 cam in a 346 it sure did peak early
Old 07-11-2009, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very glad to hear that Vengeance Racing treated you so well. I can echo the sentiment of the customer service provided by Vengeance Racing....They treat you like you own the shop, and are there checking out the operations. If you don't what I mean, simply put with respect and appreciation. Respect because you are the customer, and Appreciation that you chose Vengeance Racing to spend your hard earned money to mod your car. Vengeance Racing is a no bullshit shop. They tell you what they can do, and what they can't do. Not what you want to hear just to get your money.

I am very glad that you are so happy with your new setup. I was wondering why you didn't use the cometic gaskets to bump compression? Would it have meant that you would need to flycut? Anyways just wondering.

Sounds good man, now clean under the hood !!! Otherwise sweet !!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

cup the ***** doug...cup the *****
Old 07-12-2009, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why don't you post 3 more times in about 5 mins vs using the edit??

Take it in stride brother. Coming from a guy that probably can't bench what I curl. No worries.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SS
Congrats on the results. The air fuel looks really lean though from the graph....
Thanks Chad and AFR wasn't really lean we check'd it several times and it was showing 13.3-13.5 "zero knock" not to mentioned the gas down here is sucks buddy...Ya can consider this as preliminary numbers before we hit SD tune

Originally Posted by firefighter813x
What are the SAE numbers?
447rwhp/410rwtq SAE

Originally Posted by Kurtomac
what were the SAE numbers? Thought 59cc and Vidicator with all the mods was the 500rwhp combo from Vengeance?
Does look Uber lean per the graph
^ SAE numbers
Its not about 500rwhp its about torque & Track ET buddy
^ AFR

surely that required flycutting as well didnt it? another observation...for a 240 244 cam in a 346 it sure did peak early
-No flycutting Required
-They do thats why we pick'd that particular one

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Very glad to hear that Vengeance Racing treated you so well. I can echo the sentiment of the customer service provided by Vengeance Racing....They treat you like you own the shop, and are there checking out the operations. If you don't what I mean, simply put with respect and appreciation. Respect because you are the customer, and Appreciation that you chose Vengeance Racing to spend your hard earned money to mod your car. Vengeance Racing is a no bullshit shop. They tell you what they can do, and what they can't do. Not what you want to hear just to get your money.
I am very glad that you are so happy with your new setup. I was wondering why you didn't use the to bump compression? Would it have meant that you would need to flycut? Anyways just wondering.

Sounds good man, now clean under the hood !!! Otherwise sweet !!!
-Hey thanks Doug for neat written buddy and Ron should be happy
-Yah man if we have gone with cometic gaskets thats mean Flycutting but all in all we are damn satisfied so far with numbers

Next mods :
1- UMI Chrome Moly Shock Tower Brace
2- UMI K-Member
3- UMI Complete Front A-Arm Kit (Adjustable Upper)
4- UMI Tubular Single Adjustable Panhard Bar
5- UMI Adjustable Torque Arm
6- UMI Tubular Subframe Connectors - Bolt-In
7- UMI Sway Bars Kit
8- Best Free Mod Nasty Weight Reduction
9- E-Cutouts
10 - SD tune

Enuff said

peace
Old 07-12-2009, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

447/410 numbers are ok but not great especially for a M6 with all the works...almost every bolt on...would have expected 20-30 higher...

what did that run 5K plus install...
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

So to go from .056 to .040 gasket you would need to flycut? I thought the Vindicator would fit, but then again that's why you measure. Good job guys.

Any chance of adding an EWP and UD Pully? Call it the gas saver package....

Where are you at and why does the gas suck so bad?? No 93 octane ??
Old 07-12-2009, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

ur not one to talk about frequent posting...been on this forum since 2003 and just now coming on 1000 posts
wow...what does curling and benching have to do with anything....coming from a guy that probably cant trap what i trap ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....wait my tires suck...wait my gear sux....quit spending all this extra dough some things that make no difference and get a real set of tires...even with a 342 gear a good clutch slip a 1.5 60ft is in the cards with your big tq setup....if you dont run 10.50s or better ...you talk about trapping 130 mph? Im shooting for that with 465rwhp...better up your goals

Why don't you post 3 more times in about 5 mins vs using the edit??

Take it in stride brother. Coming from a guy that probably can't bench what I curl. No worries.
bad95....the tq you speak of is a example CR by milling those heads to 59cc....I run 61cc heads a 235 243 620 623 108ICL cam and only have .050 of intake clearance...I bet youre very tight as well being you have another .012 or so milled off the heads than I. With a 112 ICL i would have expected that to peak much higher...mine on a 108 peaked at 6400-6500
besides high peaking cams are good for dragstrip numbers...my VRX5 peaked at 6500 and I went 127.4 on my second pass before I broke in decent weather...I plan on shifting around 7000 and going 130 this fall with my NA 346

Originally Posted by bad95killer
Thanks Chad and AFR wasn't really lean we check'd it several times and it was showing 13.3-13.5 "zero knock" not to mentioned the gas down here is sucks buddy...Ya can consider this as preliminary numbers before we hit SD tune

447rwhp/410rwtq SAE

^ SAE numbers
Its not about 500rwhp its about torque & Track ET buddy
^ AFR

-No flycutting Required
-They do thats why we pick'd that particular one

-Hey thanks Doug for neat written buddy and Ron should be happy
-Yah man if we have gone with cometic gaskets thats mean Flycutting but all in all we are damn satisfied so far with numbers

Next mods :
1- UMI Chrome Moly Shock Tower Brace
2- UMI K-Member
3- UMI Complete Front A-Arm Kit (Adjustable Upper)
4- UMI Tubular Single Adjustable Panhard Bar
5- UMI Adjustable Torque Arm
6- UMI Tubular Subframe Connectors - Bolt-In
7- UMI Sway Bars Kit
8- Best Free Mod Nasty Weight Reduction
9- E-Cutouts
10 - SD tune

Enuff said

peace
Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 AM

Solid numbers! Definitely curious to see how it runs at the track (assuming it doesn't explode the stock rear, ).
Old 07-12-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Internet tough guy. You bust my *****, and I respond and you have to up the ante. Whatever you say bitch. I've met so many people from this place in person that have had issues and talked **** on the net, but when we met in person it was nothing but yes sir and no sir.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

sick setup.

those numbers are strong. I bet the car is a blast to drive...

now I need some heads for my MS3!
Old 07-12-2009, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Not everyone gets 93 octane- There are like around 70-80 different blends thruout the country. All depends on location-alttitude-season/time of year etc. BTW nice build. Keep us posted on track times, and how long that 10 bolt survives-lol.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

wow...internet tough guy....youre the one talking oh i can do more curling than you can benching....then post a pic of yourself in your avatar....take it easy doug...I just like ******* with you for cupping *****
Old 07-12-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

I know and once I responded you had to be a tough guy and keep it going. I used to have a pic of me as my avatar. If you don't remember sorry. I like my current avatar.

Pissing match over, we'll call it a draw, or better yet you win. My apologies to the OP for hacking your thread.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by chrs1313
447/410 numbers are ok but not great especially for a M6 with all the works...almost every bolt on...would have expected 20-30 higher...
what did that run 5K plus install...
Hopefully Cutouts & SD tune give us the magic 20rwhp buddy

So to go from .056 to .040 gasket you would need to flycut? I thought the Vindicator would fit, but then again that's why you measure. Good job guys.

Any chance of adding an EWP and UD Pully? Call it the gas saver package....

Where are you at and why does the gas suck so bad?? No 93 octane ??
-Yup measure it before ya hit it buddy
-It already had U/D Pulley we might considering EWP later
-Ironically we are in middle east where the gas is cheap as well as the quality hah

Thanks again Doug

bad95....the tq you speak of is a example CR by milling those heads to 59cc....I run 61cc heads a 235 243 620 623 108ICL cam and only have .050 of intake clearance...I bet youre very tight as well being you have another .012 or so milled off the heads than I. With a 112 ICL i would have expected that to peak much higher...mine on a 108 peaked at 6400-6500
besides high peaking cams are good for dragstrip numbers...my VRX5 peaked at 6500 and I went 127.4 on my second pass before I broke in decent weather...I plan on shifting around 7000 and going 130 this fall with my NA 346
- Actually damn tight buddy but worth it
- I agree buddy but i assure ya this car gonna fly @ 1320
- I saw your thread of her sitting & broken and sorry to see that happened but good luck on your 130 quest buddy

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Solid numbers! Definitely curious to see how it runs at the track (assuming it doesn't explode the stock rear, ).
Thanks at first buddy and yah those weak stock rear !!!!

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
sick setup.

those numbers are strong. I bet the car is a blast to drive...

now I need some heads for my MS3!
Thanks man....we gonna setup a race with 383ci C5 with all supporting mods (443rwhp/465rwtq) through Stalled A4...its pretty strong car but we will see

Originally Posted by tillery
Not everyone gets 93 octane- There are like around 70-80 different blends thruout the country. All depends on location-alttitude-season/time of year etc. BTW nice build. Keep us posted on track times, and how long that 10 bolt survives-lol.
Thanks man...hopefully it survived a couple of runs

peace

Quick Reply: '02 Camaro SS M6 458rwhp/421rwtq !!!