Coal Mining Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's Make it 100 replies. Congrats!
Old 11-29-2003, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by mikemodano9c
i think a person keeping their cam specs secret is pretty stupid...but to each his own...

Stupid???

Why is it stupid for someone to hold their knowledge close to the vest?

I think it's totally justified!

I can't tell you how many times "neophytes" try to second guess what I am designing for camshafts or how many times "other shops" steal my profiles to make themselves "look good".

Keeping important data like camshaft timing events "should" remain private if the person wants them to be. After all, it's their choice to keep their little secret to themselves and not let anyone copy their efforts... That's why I no longer have "any" numbers on my profiles. Just enough to get them installed correctly. There's just too many copy cats out there not willing to work at getting results!

Mike,
Do you "really" think that everyone is entitled to data just because of the quickness of internet search engines? Do you "really" think this is fair to the designer or customer?

At risk of "someone in here" venting his usual puke about "my" attitude, I think you need to get with the program! People do not have a "right" to know everything! It's not in the Constitution you know!

Knowledge is not "google-like" and free for those who think they deserve it!

You must pay for it if you want valid data...

Ask O.J "the murderer". I bet his legal advice wasn't cheap!

with that kind of attitude i personally couldn't care less about the specs of your cam...its not like your setup has set a record for h/c power. so far we know tea 1.5's and some fms cam make 45X hp...yippie

Well, unlike you, I applaud his efforts (and attitude) and the fact he wants to keep some of his information private. The results are out there for all to see and comment on, just don't look to get certain things for "free" from him. Things that he has obviously worked very hard to achieve. He earned at least that degree of respect from you.

why even start the post? i guess your just real proud of yourself!

He provided information and results. I think the post/thread is totally valid... but then again, what do I know???

maybe your gonna send a huge order to comp for your specifc magical 455rw cam and sell them for $400+ like a sponsor ...lol

I'll tell you what, maybe he should! After all, at least he didn't steal the info from other sources and then try to market it as his own.

Good job and get to the track!!!

Ed
Old 11-29-2003, 11:58 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I say do not expect any stellar times if Josh is driving.. He's going to have to hire Allan Futral to get him the times his car should be running.. I would take her down the track for you Josh, but the weight penalty would hurt you even though I've been banned from the track from having a shifter that looks like a 6 speed shifter when it is actually a powerglide. You just have to know how to row..
Vince, you need to get your fixed before you start talking **** to me. Don't make me come down there and show you how to drive your own.....oh wait, it's blown up

EDC, thanks.

josh
Old 11-29-2003, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by verbs
I wonder what horsepower he could make with LS6 heads.
Not much more at all from my perspective! LS6 heads ain't that much better than a good ported LS1 head IMHO.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:13 PM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
Not much more at all from my perspective! LS6 heads ain't that much better than a good ported LS1 head IMHO.
Jimmy, apples to apples, an equally ported LS6 head will make 10-12 across the board over an equally ported LS1 head. I've seen it done. If i put LS6 heads on this car right now with the same amount of work, the car would no doubt make 10 more.

But whats the fun in that, I like being the underdog

You tell Finley yet?

josh
Old 11-29-2003, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Damian
Jimmy, apples to apples, an equally ported LS6 head will make 10-12 across the board over an equally ported LS1 head. I've seen it done. If i put LS6 heads on this car right now with the same amount of work, the car would no doubt make 10 more.

But whats the fun in that, I like being the underdog

You tell Finley yet?

josh
I'll shoot him and email with this thread URL. I want to know how to make that kind of rwtq with heads I've got. I put the LS6 heads on my car and lost 15 rwtq and 5 rwhp. I just can't win with my pig.
Old 11-29-2003, 12:49 PM
LSX Mechanic

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
I'll shoot him and email with this thread URL. I want to know how to make that kind of rwtq with heads I've got. I put the LS6 heads on my car and lost 15 rwtq and 5 rwhp. I just can't win with my pig.
Jimmy you're fuggin cursed dude. I've never seen anyone have as much trouble trying to make power.

Done a leakdown on the motor? Maybe a hurt cylinder? Who knows man, something doesn't sound right if you got all the goodies up top.

Gimme a call, 678-596-2135

Josh
Old 11-29-2003, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jimmy you're fuggin cursed dude. I've never seen anyone have as much trouble trying to make power.

Done a leakdown on the motor? Maybe a hurt cylinder? Who knows man, something doesn't sound right if you got all the goodies up top.

Gimme a call, 678-596-2135

Josh
you don't have to tell me I'm cursed... I haven't done anythng like that since I don't have the know how or the tools. Kinda hoped Rob Walden would hve done that when he put the heads on...I'll ask. I'll give you a call after the UF vs. FSU game or tomorrow.

Jim
Old 11-29-2003, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

josh, that sounds awesome! glad to see you happy and some luck come your way. Alan knows his stuff and those heads and tune really work well together. i know you are FAR from a dyno queen and this show results. have fun with it and enjoy it.
Old 11-29-2003, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

BS! there is no way a TEA headed car can make power with a cam over .580 lift

I think your results are great..don't let them see your card's

And who is this Brandon guy?JK

Brandon was always fun to work with.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by H82BBad
BS! there is no way a TEA headed car can make power with a cam over .580 lift

I think your results are great..don't let them see your card's

And who is this Brandon guy?JK

Brandon was always fun to work with.
Cam specs are 229/233 591/.595 114.

As far as his numbers, he's in rarified air, thats for sure, definitely reason to be proud and brag a little. 440+ RWHP TEA headed cars are as exclusive a club as there is. Also, I'm just curious if this car is going to be dynoed at an "independent" dyno, for comparison sake, would like to see how it does on another dyno, maybe Thunder Racing?

Congrats on the big numbers, that car should run 10.80s @ 128+.
Old 11-29-2003, 05:57 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

10.80's @ 128 plus???? At what raceweight? Show me another M6 with 450rwhp and Josh's raceweight running 10.80's at 128mph plus.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1

As far as his numbers, he's in rarified air, thats for sure, definitely reason to be proud and brag a little. 440+ RWHP TEA headed cars are as exclusive a club as there is. Also, I'm just curious if this car is going to be dynoed at an "independent" dyno, for comparison sake, would like to see how it does on another dyno, maybe Thunder Racing?

I got the feeling Josh is going to take his car to an independant race track for more meaningful numbers. SpankyLS1 what does your car run?

Bruce
Old 11-29-2003, 06:46 PM
LSX Mechanic

Spanky, go **** yourself. You're a troll on every single TEA thread on this board. My car wasn't done at any "special" or "independant" dyno. It was done at Speedhound in Loganville, GA. There is nothing special about it. Special air? Wrong again. Texas cars come HERE and dyno 20 less. Georgia is most certainly not "special" for dyno purposes. Don't you have anything else better to do than troll TEA threads? You're more annoying than a ******* genital wart.....

BTW, you have no clue what my cam specs are. You have no idea what I have swapped into the car, nor when. Thanks for trying to be a dick...you passed.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

josh

Last edited by Damian; 11-29-2003 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

Not exactly.....but... close? Again...lots of other event factors besides those specs are responsible for his current #.

10.80's @ 128 plus???? At what raceweight? Show me another M6 with 450rwhp and Josh's raceweight running 10.80's at 128mph plus.
Me too... not dis'ing Josh, his car, or his efforts...but that car is HEAVY....not to mention Josh is NOT a small man. Even w/a LOT of weight reduction(in both car AND driver that I'm not sure he's willing to do)that's a right optimistic #.

Josh's car is also slammed. Not exactly prime 60' material...even on full blown slicks. No doubt the car will yield a VERY respectable # none the less. Stripped to the hilt...11.1x's @ 125 is about right on a good air day and prep....which is nothing to sneeze at for a daily driver. I will go out on a limb and say that I believe he will trap high...but won't be reflected in the ET.

Don't get me wrong....love to see my red headed stepchild lay down a 10.xx pass...just think 10.80 is way off for the current chassis setup. Never know though....Josh has been known to suprise folks......including himself
Old 11-29-2003, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Spanky, go **** yourself. You're a troll on every single TEA thread on this board. My car wasn't done at any "special" or "independant" dyno. It was done at Speedhound in Loganville, GA. There is nothing special about it. Special air? Wrong again. Texas cars come HERE and dyno 20 less. Georgia is most certainly not "special" for dyno purposes. Don't you have anything else better to do than troll TEA threads? Get fucked man, you're more annoying than a ******* genital wart.....

BTW, you have no clue what my cam specs are. You have no idea what I have swapped into the car, nor when. Thanks for trying to be a dick...

josh
LMHWMFAO!!! Well said.....I trolls
Old 11-29-2003, 07:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Spanky, go **** yourself. You're a troll on every single TEA thread on this board. My car wasn't done at any "special" or "independant" dyno. It was done at Speedhound in Loganville, GA. There is nothing special about it. Special air? Wrong again. Texas cars come HERE and dyno 20 less. Georgia is most certainly not "special" for dyno purposes. Don't you have anything else better to do than troll TEA threads? You're more annoying than a ******* genital wart.....

BTW, you have no clue what my cam specs are. You have no idea what I have swapped into the car, nor when. Thanks for trying to be a dick...you passed.

josh
Do your homework, I defended TEA TO THE DEATH practically, foght with NE146T9 and others tooth and nail, praised their customer service, etc, until I realized that they (heads) were holding me back, that they flowed nowhere near where they were supposed to, nowhere the performance I was promised. TEA was unwilling to do anything about it, until after I sold them, then suddeny "I would have helped you out, but you've already gone in another direction..." So, how does that make me a troll? I complimented your numbers, you are in rarified air, IMO. Good for you. As fas as genital warts, I am inexperienced in this area, must be something that you have had some experience with.....

You have a PM from a dick......

PS: I'm glad to see all of TEAs bitches representin' and swarming, I love it.

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 11-29-2003 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-29-2003, 11:44 PM
Banned

Do your homework, I defended TEA TO THE DEATH practically, foght with NE146T9 and others tooth and nail, praised their customer service, etc, until I realized that they (heads) were holding me back, that they flowed nowhere near where they were supposed to, nowhere the performance I was promised. TEA was unwilling to do anything about it, until after I sold them, then suddeny "I would have helped you out, but you've already gone in another direction..." So, how does that make me a troll? I complimented your numbers, you are in rarified air, IMO. Good for you. As fas as genital warts, I am inexperienced in this area, must be something that you have had some experience with.....

You have a PM from a dick......

PS: I'm glad to see all of TEAs bitches representin' and swarming, I love it.
No - you're a troll even without riding a hummer on every thread
Old 11-29-2003, 11:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

10.8 @ 128 mph....lol, i guess it would run that if it has -2000 DA and 3000 lbs raceweight like so many other guys that like to brag about their best ETs.

again dont let this be a stupid cockfight. i say everyone go funk themselves and enjoy the many sponsers that are pushing the envelope. josh's car is far from a tin can drag race car like MANY MANY of the fast guys around here. just looking at the TR shootout, i didnt see too many daily driver street cars at ALL. .02
Old 11-30-2003, 02:06 AM
TECH Resident

Don't let spanky bother you. hell he never ran his car with heads on it........

Quick Reply: 455 RWHP/409 RWTQ baseline pull........Thanks TEA