Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Any vendors ready to come clean - LS3/L92 FAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Any vendors ready to come clean - LS3/L92 FAST

I know a few vendors have dynoed the FAST 102 on 402+ strokers with LS3/L92 heads but are reluctant to post results.

How about posting results - good, bad or no change?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think they have time to post results......

They are busy on the phone with FAST trying to get return authorizations.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, aren't there a number of shops that already have posted decent gains ? I could've sworn that I read at least 3 if not 4 different threads about swaps from intake X to the new 102 mm LSXr, one was unported, the rest were ported. 10-17 rwhp gains if my memory is accurate. I'll see if I can dig up a link. Good luck looking for the info.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
Kevin, aren't there a number of shops that already have posted decent gains ? I could've sworn that I read at least 3 if not 4 different threads about swaps from intake X to the new 102 mm LSXr, one was unported, the rest were ported. 10-17 rwhp gains if my memory is accurate. I'll see if I can dig up a link. Good luck looking for the info.
Wasn't that with the LS7 though? The stock LS7 intake is in another universe compared to the L92/LS3 intake. So, if FAST can get 10-15rwhp vs that, then you would hope it would be a lot more for the LS3.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 427 LS3 on the dyno right now, but I am not about to drop a grand for something that hasn't proved anything that I have seen. If someone wanted to send me one, I would be willing to test it.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Oops, my bad. Apparently that speed reading class I took *(J/K) isn't paying the dividends I had hoped. LOL

Sorry though, my comments were posted in error. I misread Kevin's post. You are correct, the available threads are ls7 vs ported and unported LSXr 102mm intake.

I guess I'd like to throw my name in that hat as liking to see some ls3 vs fast 102 mm intakes. A-B comparsion !!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Nah, Doug, your memory and speed reading are fine:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...es-inside.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...m-results.html

There's not tons of them yet, but it looks decent and consistent so far. Seems the LS3 versions are giving close to advertised gains, even translating to rear wheel power, which is pretty good. Not as dramatic as the LS7 versions, but definitely worthwhile for those looking to maximize a given combo.

Obviously, you'll see proportionately more on wilder builds that are intake restricted, i.e. if you pick up 10rwhp on a stock motor, you'd probably pick up 15 on a bigger cube or heads/cam jobbie. EDIT: I take it back, if it you look at it from a HP/ci standpoint, many of these are almost as dramatic as the LS7 gains.

I remember one that only picked up a couple but can't find it. My guess is there was a tuning or other issue at play but who knows. There's not TONS of these dynos yet, but my money is on similar gains to the ones above. I think FAST took the extra time to release to make sure the gains were consistent. I am looking forward to seeing more of these come in over the next 2 weeks.

And as many know, not all porting is created equal so don't assume that ported FAST = ported FAST.

I personally am trying to decide between Konis or a FAST for my LS3 build. It's only because of the consistent results that I am even considering a FAST, but am still leaning heavily towards Konis.

Last edited by jmilz28; 10-09-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know one vendor that has run it on a stroker build...It's not my place to post up his PM to me. Maybe he'll chime in here. I know about the TSP thread but that was a stock LS3 block...Not results to write home about there and the L76 intake is already not too bad on the stock CI's. Waiting for 402+ builds to post. Not looking for shoulda-coulda-woulda's. Let's see some charts.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ce-racing.html

Here's one-essentially no gain til 5200.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334343

Here's another that shows a more substantial gain. But in between dyno runs they changed from a (what I presume to be) heavier bad clutch, to a fresh lightweight one-so really can't say the gains are from the intake.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmilz28
And as many know, not all porting is created equal so don't assume that ported FAST = ported FAST.
I will try and find the thread later but there is one thread where the vendor said they swapped a stock LS3 FAST out with a ported one and it actually lost power.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Vengeance Racing is working on the results your looking for today. They are A/B comparing a stock ls3 to a FAST 102 manifold on a LS3 with a 239/251 cam, milled heads, L.T.'s/bullets, and vara-ram. The results on a stock LS3 were comparable to what a stock LS3 ported intake puts down. So I would not expect any amazing peak numbers. It might make some nice midrange increases though.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by pacebria
Vengeance Racing is working on the results your looking for today. They are A/B comparing a stock ls3 to a FAST 102 manifold on a LS3 with a 239/251 cam, milled heads, L.T.'s/bullets, and vara-ram. The results on a stock LS3 were comparable to what a stock LS3 ported intake puts down. So I would not expect any amazing peak numbers. It might make some nice midrange increases though.
is this going to happen any time soon? he made everyone wait on the vette board.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

we are building a 427 for a G8 GXP. It will still be a few weeks away, but we will be posting results when its done.

we will post results good, bad, or otherwise.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 94 guy
is this going to happen any time soon? he made everyone wait on the vette board.

The same C6 that the intake was tested on with bolt ons is starting in about an hour... We will complete testing Monday. We installed the LS3 manifold on the engine with the new camshaft/milled cylinder heads. Once the car is FULLY tuned with the LS3 we will swap to the LSXR 102 and make any tuning adjustments needed and post the results good/bad/other.....

Im sorry you guys have to wait for these tests... Unfortunately they take time and they cost money to perform...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance

Im sorry you guys have to wait for these tests... Unfortunately they take time and they cost money to perform...
And not to mention you had the Customer Appreciation Party to get ready for which I heard was great and I am sure that week your plate was more than full......

Sounds like this is going to be one of the test's everyone is looking for.

The other being the ported LS3 vs the "out of the box" FAST.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

MONEY, that is what so many people forget that testing costs money. If you want test results faster then pay for them, if not then please sit back and wait like the rest of us. LOL Just making a point.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by allngn_c5
MONEY, that is what so many people forget that testing costs money. If you want test results faster then pay for them, if not then please sit back and wait like the rest of us. LOL Just making a point.
Roger that! Though if impatience is a sin...
Old 10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

well his r&d is what makes money. if he get results that are good. if it was a tfs headed motor with a ported intake everyone would have results yesterday right?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

I'm with c5 on this one, chill out on beating up the vendors. If somone wants the results so bad ,PAY for them or respect the time frame the supporting vendors offer.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I know a few vendors have dynoed the FAST 102 on 402+ strokers with LS3/L92 heads but are reluctant to post results.

How about posting results - good, bad or no change?
I think this is a fair question to ask... The vendors were just as antious as everybody else to see this thing come out. I think some guys have results but are looking at ways to improve it. Thats fine with me. As soon as a couple of shops come out with some good results from ported Fast 102's, I'm grabing the best available!

Quick Reply: Any vendors ready to come clean - LS3/L92 FAST