Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LS6+ streetsweeper HT "cam only" 440hp/409tq

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickenbackerman
I've got the SS-HT in my car with pretty much full bolt-ons. Car made 364hp/353tq with the crappy '99 853 heads.

The cam is getting swapped (along with the heads) this winter - this cam on a 111lsa is a little too gnarly to tune. Once it's warmed up it's fine but it needs pedal to stay running when cold and has some slight bucking between 50 and 60mph. Frost did the tune and he could probably get it better since he didn't get to spend as much time with it as we'd like.

I'm going with AFR heads and a mamo-spec'd cam (on a 114lsa this time) for more power and better driveability.
Thats not far off from bolt on only numbers man. I have a mail order from frost and its great but I gotta say that your tune sucks because those numbers dont add up.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
Thats not far off from bolt on only numbers man. I have a mail order from frost and its great but I gotta say that your tune sucks because those numbers dont add up.
Keep in mind my car is a '99 which came with the crappy 853 heads. And it's an A4. And I'd never even heard of the brand of dyno (DYNOmite?) that we used out in Warrenton. Frost was there, we made two pulls, he tuned it in person, it's spot on. I really should have made it to the track the way it is, he even made a comment about it breaking 'em loose on the 1-2 shift, and that stalled autos with similar mods don't usually do that.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

I just did some research on the DYNOmite dyno and I found an old thread here on it. Someone had this to say:

"My car made 367 hp on a dynojet and 323 on the Dynomite."

Thread here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...mite-dyno.html

A little quick math using his numbers says I should be at around 414rwhp on a dynojet. So now I feel a little better!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Launching!

yeah, you had me worried that I made the wrong decision, was about to reorder that raptr
Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mac62989
ya I was gona say that but maybe he has shortie headers, and some other junk parts. My friends has a 02 35th ann (m6 10bolt) that put down 360/380 with bolts ons stock cam. Or the tune is bad, but I don't know frost to say anything about that. Its a 228/232 cam it should idle on its own, unless somthing else is up the tuner should have noticed, like a stuck or a autozone AIC the is not working right. I have a 24x cam with over .650 lift and it starts and idles fine. I know not every car is gona be the best perfect setup for the parts. But I wouldn't say the cam is issue on that car for what he said.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I just did some research on the DYNOmite dyno and I found an old thread here on it. Someone had this to say:

"My car made 367 hp on a dynojet and 323 on the Dynomite."

Thread here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...mite-dyno.html

A little quick math using his numbers says I should be at around 414rwhp on a dynojet. So now I feel a little better!
That explains it.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by studderin
ya I was gona say that but maybe he has shortie headers, and some other junk parts.
Not trying to sound offensive, but are you even reading my posts? I already stated my mods, all good stuff.

My friends has a 02 35th ann (m6 10bolt) that put down 360/380 with bolts ons stock cam.
On a dynojet I presume?

Or the tune is bad, but I don't know frost to say anything about that. Its a 228/232 cam it should idle on its own, unless somthing else is up the tuner should have noticed, like a stuck or a autozone AIC the is not working right. I have a 24x cam with over .650 lift and it starts and idles fine. I know not every car is gona be the best perfect setup for the parts. But I wouldn't say the cam is issue on that car for what he said.
I would. If something else were wrong we would have noticed it. Frost told me a lot of guys are running much bigger cams than mine but with a 114lsa and have no issues, and that a 111lsa is a bit much for most street cars, and I believe him. And as I've already said, it does start and idle fine on its own, when its hot. It only has cold starting issues and some mild (very mild) bucking with the converter locked between 50 and 60 mph. To Steve's credit he only spent about two hours with the car (and more than that dealing with my pesky emails). I'm sure he could make it better, but I want AFR heads and a custom cam this winter.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not trying to sound offensive, but are you even reading my posts? I already stated my mods, all good stuff.

Yes, those mods do look good, I didn't your post at the end of page3 before? And alot of other info that changes thing alot form your 1st one, has already be posted I agree with. I'm not familiar with a dynomight. Have you ever taken that car to the track?
853 aren't that crappy of a LS1 head or anything bad. There 3-5whp of a 241, its just the surface smoothness, the ports are the same.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

This cam looks great, how do you think it would do in my 89 S10 Blazer with LQ9 6.0 and 799 heads?
Old 12-26-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, those mods do look good, I didn't your post at the end of page3 before? And alot of other info that changes thing alot form your 1st one, has already be posted I agree with. I'm not familiar with a dynomight. Have you ever taken that car to the track?
853 aren't that crappy of a LS1 head or anything bad. There 3-5whp of a 241, its just the surface smoothness, the ports are the same.
I think a lot of peope over react to the stock heads pre-2000. Its impossible to notice a power difference

Last edited by MikeWS6; 12-26-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The streetsweeper HT is probably my favorite cam for stock cubes. When it comes time for me to build a motor i'll most likely be going with it but I'd rather have a 113-114 LSA

Quick Reply: LS6+ streetsweeper HT "cam only" 440hp/409tq