Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

ECS n/a cam results

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nysbadmk8
Sorry, by the title of the thread, I took it as if the car was tuned by doug.. My apologies.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pharmd
...I'd talk to ECS about the situation and see what they have to say.

We regularly see more Tq then that, same mods/build so...?

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm sure the tuner is excellent, but the numbers are a bit low. Not terrible, but lower then usual.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

okay this thread is going down hill.

1. First off my tuner is a great guy and has a great rep for tuning LS motor cars. He has been in contact with me since i got back. I have no problems going back to him and letting him look my car over again. He has not blamed ECS, me, etc. All he has said is the car should make a little more torque.

2. Some of my low speed issues were the ported throttle body on my car. When i got home in put the stock one back on the car ran a lot better. But it does need some fine tuning since the dyno tune was in done with the ported TB.

3. I purchased this cam for a couple of reasons. first i know that i plan on installing TFS 215cc heads, fast intake/tb, ewp, etc and i wanted a to buy one cam that would allow me to grow. Second Chris at ECS has been super to deal with! They treated me great even before i bought a c5z and have been the same since. As for not knowing the cam specs. I knew they did not give out their specs and even if they did i have only have a basic idea of what they would mean.

4. Do i wish the car made more power? of course i do and that is honest BUT almost everyone does after spending $$$ on their cars. I am going back to my tuner next week to let him look it over. If the car does not do any better there is nothing i can do other than deal with it, try a another tuner with hopes they can do something diff or install a diff cam. The last thing i want to do is tear the car back apart and deal with the cam install at this point. Maybe there is some other non cam releated issue, the dyno just reads low compared to others, etc. I dont know. There are a couple guys on corvette forum saying they made 430/368 and 425/373 with this same cam.

5. At this point i am not going to bad mouth my tuner or ECS. They both have been great to deal with.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by QUIKSILVERZ
okay this thread is going down hill.

1. First off my tuner is a great guy and has a great rep for tuning LS motor cars. He has been in contact with me since i got back. I have no problems going back to him and letting him look my car over again. He has not blamed ECS, me, etc. All he has said is the car should make a little more torque.

2. Some of my low speed issues were the ported throttle body on my car. When i got home in put the stock one back on the car ran a lot better. But it does need some fine tuning since the dyno tune was in done with the ported TB.

3. I purchased this cam for a couple of reasons. first i know that i plan on installing TFS 215cc heads, fast intake/tb, ewp, etc and i wanted a to buy one cam that would allow me to grow. Second Chris at ECS has been super to deal with! They treated me great even before i bought a c5z and have been the same since. As for not knowing the cam specs. I knew they did not give out their specs and even if they did i have only have a basic idea of what they would mean.

4. Do i wish the car made more power? of course i do and that is honest BUT almost everyone does after spending $$$ on their cars. I am going back to my tuner next week to let him look it over. If the car does not do any better there is nothing i can do other than deal with it, try a another tuner with hopes they can do something diff or install a diff cam. The last thing i want to do is tear the car back apart and deal with the cam install at this point. Maybe there is some other non cam releated issue, the dyno just reads low compared to others, etc. I dont know. There are a couple guys on corvette forum saying they made 430/368 and 425/373 with this same cam.

5. At this point i am not going to bad mouth my tuner or ECS. They both have been great to deal with.
That dyno is well known to read low compared to other DJ though FWIW.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

went back to my tuner on wed and my car is running better. Like i said before i put the stock throttle body back on. I also installed new tr5 plugs gapped 50, changed my oil and i found that the lid to my vararam was caved in some. I guess i had tighted the hose around the lid when the plastic was hot at some point and it mashed the opening in some. I heated the plastic up and bent the lid back into place. My tuner spent some time working on street tuning my car with the a/c on and then we strapped it backdown on the dyno. I really did not expect to see any diff in the hp/tq with just me fixing the vararam and if anything i might lose power going back to the stock TB. Well lets just say we both got a surprise when my car made 428rwhp/365rwtq. Plus the numbers were up across the graph. Nothing huge but up a small amount all the way across the rpm scale. He tried some adjustments in the tune and the car made almost the same numbers.

On the way home my car avg 27mpg and ran smooth. No bucking or surging at low rpms. Now my car is making the numbers i have been seeing with this cam.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

so do we get an overlay now? what are shifting this cam at?
Old 08-13-2010, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging
if anyone does not like purchasing a cam without specs, then dont. We sell packages that work, and our proven many times over, if thats not for you, by all means, go elsewhere.
by all means. i will.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

no changes to the tune for power. just fixed vararam lid, new plugs and put stock TB back on.

the car has great street manners now. 2nd gear low speed parking lots, low rpm 6th gear cruise is smooth, etc. car really is great on the street.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Glad you got all this worked out. Your numbers would be 10-15hp higher on any other dynojet.

Quick Reply: ECS n/a cam results