Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Car is back from Thunder, results inside....( Dyno graph posted!!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car is back from Thunder, results inside....( Dyno graph posted!!)

I just got my car back from Thunder for a small upgrade to my motor. After being referred by a friend from another car forum, I contacted John @ Thunder in October 2009 to make some changes to my car. I talked to John about my goals for my car and he gave me my options. I wanted to achieve between 450-480 rwhp in a car that is daily driven. Like everybody, I wanted a lot of hp with good street manners. It was decided I would go with a nice heads/cam setup after John assured me that I would not be wasting my money on a LS1 with 98000 miles. I went in and put my deposit down for the setup. Unfortunately a few things popped up and delayed me on my build (Dam wedding crap). It has taken almost a year to purchase all my parts but I'm finally DONE!! Big thanks to John for working with me on this project. Now for the good stuff.

My car is a 02 WS6 with a m6.

Current mods:

Moser 12 bolt w/ 4.10's
QTP 1 3/4" longtubes w/ off-road y-pipe
Pro 5.0 shifter
SPEC stage 3+ clutch
Adj panhard bar
LCA relo brackets
SFC's
STB
Borla adj catback
Racetronix Fuel system
poly motor mounts
Whisper Lid
Thunder Racing line lock kit
Basic Tune

Here are the items that I recently purchased:

TR Raptr Cam
TEA TFS 215's
Melling Oil Pump
Cloyce Timing Set
ARP Rod Bolts
ARP Head Bolts
LS7 Lifters
GM Lifter Trays
Kook's 1 7/8" Longtube Headers
Kook's Y-pipe
Custom Pushrods
Shim Kit for heads
37lb Injectors
GTO Tensioner
Comp Trunion Upgrade
All new gaskets & seals
NGK Sparkplugs

Once everything came in I scheduled my install with Thunder for the week of Aug 30th to Sept 3rd. Being that I work in Baton Rouge I took up Shane on his offer to hang out while they took care of business. After running into a few snags with pieces missing on some of the parts they were able to fire it up on Friday afternoon. Its sounded great with open headers! They had me scheduled on Saturday for my dyno-tune but I was not able to be there because of work. It seemed like it took forever for time to go by. After I got off I went straight over there to pick up my car. Once I arrived they had my car running and Mike was trying to finish up the tune. Unfortunatley my car had a pesky gremlin in it and would not cooperate at all. They just could not get it to act right at all. Shane apologized to me about it not being ready to go but it was no big deal. They worked on it till late that night and spent all Sunday on it as well. They finally chased the problem down to my brand new o2 sensors that I bought a month ago were not working right. So in order to get me going Mike set me up with SD tune for now.

On the mustang dyno my car made 425 rwhp and I think it was around 380-400 lbs of torque. Can't remeber the torque. Shane is confident once the o2's are changed, when we go back to the dyno we will be within my goal #'s. I'm also pulling a serious vacumn. I need to get a bigger intake.

Hopefully John or Shane can get my dyno graph posted up for us to see.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cody.pdf (29.7 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by barnac0; 09-25-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like a great set up, and only bolt on missing is a UDP (5-10hp) and FAST intake (20ish hp). I would expect your set up on a mustang dyno would be 425-450rwhp with what you have.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
Looks like a great set up, and only bolt on missing is a UDP (5-10hp) and FAST intake (20ish hp). I would expect your set up on a mustang dyno would be 425-450rwhp with what you have.

Yeah I know. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new FAST 102 set-up!
Old 09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Well, we got the car finished up and put it back on the dyno. Didn't get any better #'s though. Definitely need a new intake system because of the huge vacuum it's pulling(96kpa). So I will be ordering a new Fast 102 system in the next few weeks.

Once again huge thanks to Mike and Shane over at Thunder Racing!

I will update the thread once the new intake is installed.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

still it should be making more power than it is in current form.. even with LS6 intake.. isn't that Raptor cam designed for stroker motors?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djfury05
still it should be making more power than it is in current form.. even with LS6 intake.. isn't that Raptor cam designed for stroker motors?

The RapTR cam was initially designed for the stock cubic inch motors, but through R&D we did find that it did work well in stroker motors. I will say that the RapTR loves 6.0L motors!!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's low for a M6. I made 400 with a small cam and hope to see 425 through my A4 even through the 9".
Old 09-24-2010, 02:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderStruk
The RapTR cam was initially designed for the stock cubic inch motors, but through R&D we did find that it did work well in stroker motors. I will say that the RapTR loves 6.0L motors!!

Quick Reply: Car is back from Thunder, results inside....( Dyno graph posted!!)