Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno results: EPS cam w/ stock 243 heads.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yabadaba
I know this thread is a little old, but I just stumbled across it and felt compelled to post as I'm sure the OP will be interested in what I've got to say.

I'm in the UK too and had my Z28 dyno tuned at the same place as the OP a couple of months back after having my LT's fitted. It made 369.4 rwhp, which was calculated to be 450.1 hp at the flywheel and there's no way my car should be making as much power as the OP's, so something is definitely not right...no idea what, but somewhere something is not right. My graphs are below...

Look how pig rich your car is at, 11:1 at the top. He dynoed yours on 3rd gear as well.

I haven't been back to that place yet been busy lately. I'm not sure if I want to either. The car runs like ape $hit though.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

plugs gapped at .08?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
plugs gapped at .08?
Yep.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine's an auto so I think 3rd gear is right, but not for a m6 though.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:42 AM
LS6
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

impressive
Old 10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if u have HP tuners, contact Frost on these forums. He does the mail order tunes. Well, he also can do email tunes for people that have HP tuners. This is what I did and my car is running sweet he did an awesome job. I am still on the stock cam but i am using the slp 1.85 rockers and a set of 243 heads that have been cleaned up and the car screams... havent gotten it dynoed but the hp before was 330 and it feels like it has much more power now so its probably in the 360 range i would guess. Frost will tell you to drive around with the HPtuners connected and data log the stuff and update you that way you have a true street tuned vehicle which will put up better ET's than one that was tuned on the dyno because of real world influences like wind drag, ram air if you have it, the actual weight of the car with you in it, and other things.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Siciliano15
if u have HP tuners, contact Frost on these forums. He does the mail order tunes. Well, he also can do email tunes for people that have HP tuners. This is what I did and my car is running sweet he did an awesome job. I am still on the stock cam but i am using the slp 1.85 rockers and a set of 243 heads that have been cleaned up and the car screams... havent gotten it dynoed but the hp before was 330 and it feels like it has much more power now so its probably in the 360 range i would guess. Frost will tell you to drive around with the HPtuners connected and data log the stuff and update you that way you have a true street tuned vehicle which will put up better ET's than one that was tuned on the dyno because of real world influences like wind drag, ram air if you have it, the actual weight of the car with you in it, and other things.
Actually he recommends to do it on a dyno tune rather than mail tune. Don't get me wrong, when I was bolt ons I had his tune and the car ran pretty well for what it have. IMO, mail order tune w/ heads and cam is not the way to go as its not spot on compare to dyno tune, and much more complicated than simple bolt ons.

I'm getting the car retune with a dyno again probably this coming spring or later this winter when time permits and post up the results. I've already decided what parameters to change to make more power out the car safely.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
Actually he recommends to do it on a dyno tune rather than mail tune. Don't get me wrong, when I was bolt ons I had his tune and the car ran pretty well for what it have. IMO, mail order tune w/ heads and cam is not the way to go as its not spot on compare to dyno tune, and much more complicated than simple bolt ons.

I'm getting the car retune with a dyno again probably this coming spring or later this winter when time permits and post up the results. I've already decided what parameters to change to make more power out the car safely.
no u mis-understood what i was trying to say. what i have is not a mail order tune. Its Frost's tuning but through HPTuners software and it is better than a dyno tune because of the fact that after every update Frost emailed to me, I would install it onto the pcm and drive the car record the live data and then send Frost the data so that he could do another update. Overall we did close to 15 updates getting the air fuel right, spark, maf tables, getting rid of the knock, and the car runs much better than it did before. This is the same as a dyno tune but better because of the real world driving on streets. I would highly recommend you going this route for the best tune possible
Old 10-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by Siciliano15
no u mis-understood what i was trying to say. what i have is not a mail order tune. Its Frost's tuning but through HPTuners software and it is better than a dyno tune because of the fact that after every update Frost emailed to me, I would install it onto the pcm and drive the car record the live data and then send Frost the data so that he could do another update. Overall we did close to 15 updates getting the air fuel right, spark, maf tables, getting rid of the knock, and the car runs much better than it did before. This is the same as a dyno tune but better because of the real world driving on streets. I would highly recommend you going this route for the best tune possible
I feel you, man 100%. That's what I did previously w/ FROST. I sent him my logs and he sent me his "tune" file through email and use them via my HPTuners.

It's still not accurate as it's not monitoring the AFR through this method. Now if I have a wideband w/ my HPTuners that is a different story however it's a moot point to send a log file when I could probably tune it myself if I have the wideband.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
I feel you, man 100%. That's what I did previously w/ FROST. I sent him my logs and he sent me his "tune" file through email and use them via my HPTuners.

It's still not accurate as it's not monitoring the AFR through this method. Now if I have a wideband w/ my HPTuners that is a different story however it's a moot point to send a log file when I could probably tune it myself if I have the wideband.
i see what your saying..... i asked Frost the same thing but i remember him saying something like he could get the air/fuel right even without using a wideband..... how im not sure lol..... i guess maybe going off of all the other sensors and readings? im gonna throw the car on the dyno this friday and see where the a/f ratio is at..... then we will know for sure lol. ill let u know what happens.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Default new dyno numbers!!!

my mods are in my profile under the garage section..... basically most bolt-ons, 243 heads, 1.85 rockers, and stock cam.

before the heads and rockers the numbers were 332hp & 336ft-lbs SAE

now after installing the 243's and SLP 1.85's, and getting the tuning updated I am at 362hp & 364ft-lbs SAE

a difference of 30hp and 28ft-lbs to the wheels

Air/Fuel is very impressive between 12.5-13 across the entire dyno graph and the torque curve is very flat. All of this tuning was done thanks to Frost and his emailed tunes via HPTuners software and my several street data logs. No wideband was used in the tuning process but the wideband on the dyno confirmed that Frost was spot on with his capabilities to tune a car based on data logs only.

Quick Reply: Dyno results: EPS cam w/ stock 243 heads.