Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

EPS + Mamo = 409hp 400tq unlocked

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
Yea I know the history, just wondering.... I've heard a lot of good thing and I'm trusting my car with him because he spent 20 minutes on the phone giving me advice without me spending a dime. Here's the deal. When I see this car with 409 rwhp. I'm just wondering what makes the EPS better than something proven like a G5X3 or MS3. I know that the lobes should be better on the springs.however, my cheatr with .600 lift has 30000 miles on patriot duals.
Well, the difference is supposed to be in the design of the lobe itself. I can't really explain it cause I don't know. That would be a better question for Geoff or Patrick.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
First off I'm not trying to bash Geoff, I plan to do business with him as soon as my funds are right. Just wondering though, With the FAST intake, is this cam really that impressive. I drive an M6, so maybe the numbers will be higher for me. I'm wondering because my cheatr cam/ls6 intake, ported 243's make 404/386. I wanted to do a similar cam to yours, but won't bother with a cam swap to only see a 10rwhp gain. Do you think it's worth it.
Honestly, it depends on what you want to do. The numbers that I posted are from an un-locked A4 dyno run with a 12 bolt on a Mustang dyno. Now if you have an M6 with a 10 bolt on a dynojet, then the comparison is not the same. For example, with the old combo my car was tuned at Speed Inc (dynojet) and made 371hp, without any changes except 10 bolt to 12 bolt and type of dyno it made 334hp (Mustang).

If your looking at only numbers, then I would say its not that impressive, but I could lock the converter and take it to facility with a dynojet and I bet it would be quite a bit higher. At the end of the day, that doesn't give me reliable information when trying to measure the gains.

In the end, a cam swap really depends on what you want to do. I wanted to have stock like drivability and reliability while gain power and stretch the powerband a bit. What I would do is consider what your goal is, then ask questions to the right people about how to achieve them, and you can make your decision from there.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
On The Tree

Very impressive numbers for sure!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:38 AM
ctd
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice, solid gains.