Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Patriot 5.3 and F11 dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great #'s.. You cant compare mph w/out having the exact same raceweight, gears, tires and suspension setup. To add further I have beaten cars that trap 5 mph faster at the track than I on the street and they are lighter than me by 300lb or more. My point is you really cant compare #'s w/out both using the same dyno, same track, same basically everything.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
uncapping the cutouts yielded 410.5 hp and 400.4 ftlbs, but the dyno cut off at 5600 and we couldnt get it to work after that.
I doubt you were at peak power at 5,600 when the dyno cut off. I think you would make more at higher rpm. Are you going to redyno?
Old 03-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good numbers Tally.
Mike Norris is a great guy, he did the work on my car.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAndy
Hmmm I'm not sure those heads are working well for you. My friend put down 409hp/390tq today, cam only. Just the F11 and pacesetter headers. Iy makes geting a set of heads seem a little pricey for that kind of gain.
did you see our tracks time at sdr on sunday, i think the heads are working just fine. (dont forget im still running 3.42's when looking at those track times)
Old 03-29-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude i'm sorry but someone's gotta say this. Didnt u see smallwood run the same trap as you (117 or 118 i believe) and he is on street tires vs you 315 drs. He is also on STOCK heads with a very similar if not the same cam as you. Put your stockers back on and go run the car and i guarantee you you wont loose a whole lot. Those heads are a waste of fawking money! Btw you guys dynoed almost exactly the same too.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLKWS6
Dude i'm sorry but someone's gotta say this. Didnt u see smallwood run the same trap as you (117 or 118 i believe) and he is on street tires vs you 315 drs. He is also on STOCK heads with a very similar if not the same cam as you. Put your stockers back on and go run the car and i guarantee you you wont loose a whole lot. Those heads are a waste of fawking money! Btw you guys dynoed almost exactly the same too.
Tally, you have to overlook some of these guys, they have their heads so far up their asses that they can't see anything else. If they can find a way to put down your heads, they will.. I've been listening to it for almost 2 years and yes... it does get old. Just look in their sig and if it says TEA, disregard their comments They are probably just pissed about having to wait a month to get their heads Disclaimer (as Ron would say) this is in no way a flame on TEA or anyone else for having a month or so wait to get a set of their fine heads.

Last edited by gomer; 03-29-2004 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gomer
Tally, you have to overlook some of these guys, they have their heads so far up their asses that they can't see anything else. If they can find a way to put down your heads, they will.. I've been listening to it for almost 2 years and yes... it does get old.
tally trapped over 120 from what i understand...why and how are you gonna knock #'s like that? He didnt make a full dyno pass so you cant even use the #'s posted for comparison sake.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Tally, you have to overlook some of these guys, they have their heads so far up their asses that they can't see anything else. If they can find a way to put down your heads, they will.. I've been listening to it for almost 2 years and yes... it does get old.
Well i can see Josh's lil 5.3s makin more power than those LS6's. I dont really get that. I would be kinda pissed.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Well i can see Josh's lil 5.3s makin more power than those LS6's. I dont really get that. I would be kinda pissed.
Josh's heads are hand finished and mine aren't, mine are right off the shelf, NO massaging (or massingilling, whatever you want to call it)... in three weeks he'll have to strap his **** down again.. the real dyno ***** will be back.

Btw, I'm on a mail order tune from my TSP cam too.. guess if I would have paid to have Alan dyno tune my car.. I could have gotten some more out of mine, but like I said, stay tuned nutswinger.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Josh's heads are hand finished and mine aren't, mine are right off the shelf, NO massaging (or massingilling, whatever you want to call it)... in three weeks he'll have to strap his **** down again.. the real dyno ***** will be back.

Btw, I'm on a mail order tune too.. guess Alan could have gotten some more out of mine, but like I said, stay tuned nutswinger.
thats not what i heard about those heads. bu then again....you know how "hear-say" goes.

BTW...got any other excuses as to why he made more hp/tq?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Btw, I'm on a mail order tune from my TSP cam too.. guess if I would have paid to have Alan dyno tune my car.. I could have gotten some more out of mine, but like I said, stay tuned nutswinger.

Wait a minute, is it just me or do i recall YOU saying that your heads are indeed hand finished by terry. Correct me if i'm wrong but i could find the thread in here somewhere...Oh and seems kind of weird that your heads are the only ones making over 450, everything else i've seen has been in the 430s or even lower hasnt it? whats up with that?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

thats not what i heard about those heads. bu then again....you know how "hear-say" goes.

BTW...got any other excuses as to why he made more hp/tq?
I'll let the numbers from the next dyno session do the talking.... That's all that matters to me, you guys have pissed me off now and made me spend some money, we'll see if I get a return on my investment, and I promise you I'll have spent less than one of those "summer's eve" signature series sets of heads cost. Btw.. for the ones that will cry "track times".. I don't give a **** about track times, so don't start with me.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CrazyBosnian
Wait a minute, is it just me or do i recall YOU saying that your heads are indeed hand finished by terry. Correct me if i'm wrong but i could find the thread in here somewhere...Oh and seems kind of weird that your heads are the only ones making over 450, everything else i've seen has been in the 430s or even lower hasnt it? whats up with that?
Look in the classifieds, those heads were sold and advertised as NON hand finished. Just two days ago. They are off the shelf heads with a valve job to my specs.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Launching!

I'll let the numbers from the next dyno session do the talking.... That's all that matters to me, you guys have pissed me off now and made me spend some money, we'll see if I get a return on my investment, and I promise you I'll have spent less than one of those "summer's eve" signature series sets of heads cost. Btw.. for the ones that will cry "track times".. I don't give a **** about track times, so don't start with me.
lol, better hope josh doesnt invest in some "real" handported LS6 heads too...
Old 03-29-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Well the next time i get called out for a dyno race, can i borrow ur car?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The previous heads off of gomers car was not hand finished.They were off the shelf 59cc chamber heads.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Well the next time i get called out for a dyno race, can i borrow ur car?
Only if you want to win. I like Josh and have shared alot of good info with him over the past few months. I'm not going to talk bad about his car because I have alot of respect for him.. because I know what's involved with putting together a setup that's capable of the dyno numbers that he and I have achieved... it's people that "talk" that ruin it.

Too bad they don't have a "mouth dyno".. you'd set some kind of record I'm sure. I'm done with this thread, if you have anything else to say to me.. send it via a PM and I'll be happy to get back to you on it.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Only if you want to win. I like Josh and have shared alot of good info with him over the past few months. I'm not going to talk bad about his car because I have alot of respect for him.. because I know what's involved with putting together a setup that's capable of the dyno numbers that he and I have achieved... it's people that "talk" that ruin it.

Too bad they don't have a "mouth dyno".. you'd set some kind of record I'm sure. I'm done with this thread, if you have anything else to say to me.. send it via a PM and I'll be happy to get back to you on it.
lol....calm down Gomer....dont get ur thong in a wad....

And i kinda take that as a compliment...been tutoring under one of the best....Cammin Jerk.....
Old 03-29-2004, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tally, you have to overlook some of these guys, they have their heads so far up their asses that they can't see anything else. If they can find a way to put down your heads, they will.. I've been listening to it for almost 2 years and yes... it does get old. Just look in their sig and if it says TEA, disregard their comments They are probably just pissed about having to wait a month to get their heads Disclaimer (as Ron would say) this is in no way a flame on TEA or anyone else for having a month or so wait to get a set of their fine heads.
im running 275 drag radials

and i dont know who smallwood is, but i saw ken, who dynoed almost the exact same i did, running 12.5's at 115-116 all day (with his 4.11's) when i was running 12.0-12.1 at mid to high 118's all day (with 3.42's)

i think the heads are doing just fine

and i dont even wanna here **** about josh's car until it goes to the track and pulls 126+ traps, or is it gonna be another year or so until we see the infamous damian the dyno god hit the track

how did you run on sunday blkws6?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets see what Josh does at the track

This guy ran 120+mph Josh should murder that...

Quick Reply: Patriot 5.3 and F11 dyno numbers