Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Finally went to the Dyno, heres my official stats

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you noticably stronger but only running a tenth quicker? Wow, so much stink about being happy my car put down 350rwhp on a legit dyno. Can have all the proof in the world and still with some doubters. Smh
Old 05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

you want us all to pat you on that back and say congrats on the awesome numbers?

realistically dyno numbers are posted constantly on here, its pretty well known what bolt on LS1 cars put down.

your numbers arent extremely ridiculous, but they are a little high none the less.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blownbayou
LS6 intake though.... might be the reason for the higher numbers. I am running the LS1 intake and will be changing to the BBK soon

DO NOT
do the BBK. I had a friend lose power and a local shop lost tons of power swapping it on even after a tune. That thing is a heatsoaking bitch. The LS6 is a great manifold and isn't a problem until 450+. If you are going to put a new manifold on, do a FAST 90/92/102.

Originally Posted by 2000NemeSS
dyno's dont lie

If you truly believe this, you have a single digit IQ.

How are you noticably stronger but only running a tenth quicker? Wow, so much stink about being happy my car put down 350rwhp on a legit dyno. Can have all the proof in the world and still with some doubters. Smh
You've been around a lot less time than most guys around here. We've all seen what a bolt-on car will do. It's ok to be happy with your numbers, but back them up with track MPH, ET doesn't indicate how well your car is running. Dynos can be manipulated and lie all the time (not saying yours is, but in general). A dyno is a tuning tool, nothing else.

My old 99 z28 (6 speed) had lid, longtubes, true duals, 3.73s (untuned) and went 12.8 @ 108.

When I got my street tune, I was just as lean as you were, and I've seen many other dyno with these mods, and it's usually 325-345 for 6 speeds. And bolt-on cars aren't that varied, since it's not like a H/C/I where many things are changed. After about 360rwhp, bolt-on #s just seem to be a tad inflated, but again, who cares.

Next time I came back only got 3 passes and went 12.6 @ 112.8. All I added was an LS6 intake and a tune.

I never cared to hop on a dyno. Why? Because the numbers don't mean ****. I picked up a good amount of mph, and was trapping right where I should so I was pleased. MPH won't be affected too bad by a shitty launch, just slow shifts. Even my slower shifts didn't cost me 1 full mph.

Bottom line, go to the track, get some passes, and report back. If it's making the power the dyno says, it should be 112-113 easy. My guess is it'll be around a 110-111.

PS- you won't get 25rwhp from an UD pulley. You'll get
Old 05-17-2012, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Those were 1/8th mile numbers. The point being the car gained 2mph in the 1/8th even though the dyno said I lost power. It only gained a tenth and a half because the 60ft was slightly worse due to spin if I hammered it out of the hole.

Again, not trying to bust your ***** but if you do get significantly over 360rwhp SAE corrected with basic bolt ons, you almost certainly have a high dyno and the trap speed versus weight will likely show that. Be happy with the car and that it's clearly performing well, just don't put too much faith in a tuning tool.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
I beg to differ greatly in opinion on that statement. My car with an old setup made 365rwhp one day and several months later on the same dyno with better exhaust and an underdrive pulley made 349rwhp.

But went to the track and it was .15 and 2mph faster in worse air and was noticeably stronger on the street.

Dynos are tools which are calibrated and require input from weather stations and operators. You can make one read just about whatever you want if you try. Slightly high reading dynos lead to happy customers. Happy customers are good for business.

If you mean same day testing of different parts then I would be more inclined to agree.

I do agree with this, my old 93 LT1 on a specific dyno made supposedly 284.5 rwhp full bolt ons. On that same dyno i just happened to go for a dyno day just to hang out and re dyno the car and made 266 rwhp. Which is probably what it should've been. I was shocked and a week later scheduled to dyno it at another shop and to my suprise it was abnormally consistant at 267rwhp. Again the only real way of getting a good idea is to take it to the track and ATLEAST the mph should kinda tell you what your car is really doing. That same car on a 108 degree day, non prepped track and clutch died had to get it towed home ran 105-106mph 13.3-13.4's. So i dont know in the end what the car really made, lol.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You can input a known weight of the car as it was ran and the mph for a decent estimate of HP.

You can even use a more advanced calculator that will also factor in weather.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

temperature and humidity

Cold, drizzly day

hot humid day