Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

First new ZL1 to hit the rollers at our shop

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my mistake.i've only seen one on youtube but haven't been searching around too much.
i thought that was a cool video since it is the same dyno for both cars and should be the same day. the gt500 sounds like the exhaust is a lot less restrictive then the camaro, so bigger supercharger and less restirctive exhaust, no kidding it makes more power. but 100 more whp is definitely impressive. ford did it's math on this one
Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RoidedSS
my mistake.i've only seen one on youtube but haven't been searching around too much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZBKBf8Zsjo
i thought that was a cool video since it is the same dyno for both cars and should be the same day. the gt500 sounds like the exhaust is a lot less restrictive then the camaro, so bigger supercharger and less restirctive exhaust, no kidding it makes more power. but 100 more whp is definitely impressive. ford did it's math on this one
it took less than thirty seconds to find more than one. wasn't really searching either......
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I checked out a ZL1 at the dealership yesterday and they are an impressive looking car, they look even better in person. I should have checked to see if they had a dealer mark-up or not, didn't want to get too close and have a sales person bug me though.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1ltcap, i literally said i haven't searched around too much, meaning i saw one video a little while ago. the gt500 is extremely impressive, hands down, for the power it puts down to the ground. as everyone knows, all cars seem to dyno differently, and every dyno puts out a different number. this video shows the 2 cars on the same dyno and most likely in the same day, that's all.

to the OP, i'm pretty excited to see what that car puts down as the different bolt ons get put on

Quick Reply: First new ZL1 to hit the rollers at our shop