Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno Results After NEW FAST 92 Install .

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 99canadahawk
-
- Yep it was cleand up a little on the dyno , I know 13HP & 10TQ LOL . . but I think between the 3.23 gears & 295 rear tires might have lost a quite a bit , also it was a humid day my tuner said not too expect too see a huge difference because there is more water than air in the air & the car might be making more power but its just not going to show on the dyno -
Thats a pretty decent gain,I think I got abot 10hp with my LS6.

I have no before and after dyno's just timelips that show I picked up just over a 1/10th in the 1/4.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty decent pick up on a otherwise stock block. Wish I could afford one LOL
Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has been run in the ground. any gains are good gains with those mods. where the fasts really start to shine is when you start flowing some serious air. For a boosted guy such as myself, the gains from a ls6 intake to a fast 102mm would be noticeable. opening the cutouts will prob lose tq, but increase the hp, and make it pull up top which is where the motor is living. I mean you only need so much tq to make a decent 60 foot.

if you ever decide to have it painted. silverghost aka powderpro is the guy to call.

hes doing my 102/102
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bamaballa205
Pretty decent pick up on a otherwise stock block. Wish I could afford one LOL
I don't get it. I'm more of a best "bang-for-buck" kinda guy so I don't understand why some guys have a hard time justifying an underdrive pulley for 5-10 horses but a FAST setup is considered a good investment. There was a time when people were ridiculed for opting for an Meziere electronic water pump for the mere average of 8 horses at 600-700 bucks but now when someone drops around a grand for 13 horses, everyone pats him on the back?

I understand that the FAST potential opens up with larger cubes, cam, etc., but I am not arguing that. In this case, it didn't seem like a wise mod to do at this stage.

I am not knocking on you OP personally, jus' a rant about FAST intakes' popularity in general.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I don't get it. I'm more of a best "bang-for-buck" kinda guy so I don't understand why some guys have a hard time justifying an underdrive pulley for 5-10 horses but a FAST setup is considered a good investment. There was a time when people were ridiculed for opting for an Meziere electronic water pump for the mere average of 8 horses at 600-700 bucks but now when someone drops around a grand for 13 horses, everyone pats him on the back?

I understand that the FAST potential opens up with larger cubes, cam, etc., but I am not arguing that. In this case, it didn't seem like a wise mod to do at this stage.

I am not knocking on you OP personally, jus' a rant about FAST intakes' popularity in general.
Me too on the bang for buck thing thats why I did a used LS6,but he got decent gains plus it may turn out to be more with future mods and if he has the money then why not?

Lets be happy for him,it is his thread after all
Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to see the intake really compliment a cam swap as then it will REALLY benefit from the added air. Dont listen to these guys saying 13 HP isnt much. With stock cam, thats significant. With a good camshaft with lift around .600, you will have gains about an additional 25-30 whp over a stock LS1 intake and 15-20 over an LS6.
The following users liked this post:
offaxis (04-19-2023)
Old 08-15-2012, 11:32 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

you can only get so caught up in peak numbers anyways. Look how much better it carries in the upper rpm, that will only get more and more dramatic with a cam and especially heads/cam.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
you can only get so caught up in peak numbers anyways. Look how much better it carries in the upper rpm, that will only get more and more dramatic with a cam and especially heads/cam.
^^^This
Old 08-15-2012, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

-I`ll admit that it may not have been the best mod for the money I spent & have done but it does like others have said to set me up for future mods originally I was going to go with a BBK LOL !

Originally Posted by transamtom
Me too on the bang for buck thing thats why I did a used LS6,but he got decent gains plus it may turn out to be more with future mods and if he has the money then why not?

Lets be happy for him,it is his thread after all
- Thanks Bro ! One reason why I did`nt go with the LS6 was the EGR as I wanted to keep my emissions , for now anyways .

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Your going to see the intake really compliment a cam swap as then it will REALLY benefit from the added air. Dont listen to these guys saying 13 HP isnt much. With stock cam, thats significant. With a good camshaft with lift around .600, you will have gains about an additional 25-30 whp over a stock LS1 intake and 15-20 over an LS6.
BTW just so every one knows the SOTP feel is a little better now more so in the 60KPH+ up range & louder too Whoo Hoo !!

So I`ve come up with a list of parts for next season .

-TSP TR224R or a 228R 112 LSA Cam kit , not sure witch one is better for emisions ?
-SLP UDP
-SLP Oil pump & Timing Chain
-COMP Cams Pro Magnum Rocker Kit - 1:75 Ratio ?
-Yank 3000 Stall ?
-B&M Trans Cooler

Now I`m not sure if this combo is a one good or will work so. . . .?
And later down the road maybe some AFR 210`s

Thanks for everyone`s thoughs & opinions about the FAST intake manifold .
Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I am not looking at peak numbers either - I don't like how he lost torque under the curve.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99canadahawk
-I`ll admit that it may not have been the best mod for the money I spent & have done but it does like others have said to set me up for future mods originally I was going to go with a BBK LOL !
Sounds good bro. Still, after swapping cams you could spend that 1000 on nitrous - bolt on up to 150 more horses. I'm jus' not a FAST intake guy I guess.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've already done the best bang for the buck options which I was all about doing 1st. I've always wanted a Fast to complete my build along with a set of 1 7/8 headers which I'll have one day too. Yeah it's not the best bang for the buck but I know that I'm prob leaving 20-30rwhp on the table with my set-up. And nope I'm not trying to get every little bit of power out of my car. Just want to put the finishing touches on my build.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by transamcoupe98
your going to see the intake really compliment a cam swap as then it will really benefit from the added air. Dont listen to these guys saying 13 hp isnt much. With stock cam, thats significant. With a good camshaft with lift around .600, you will have gains about an additional 25-30 whp over a stock ls1 intake and 15-20 over an ls6.
x2^^^
Old 10-03-2012, 05:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by transamtom
Thats a pretty decent gain,I think I got abot 10hp with my LS6.

I have no before and after dyno's just timelips that show I picked up just over a 1/10th in the 1/4.
Old thread I know...
I have a close setup as you how do u Like your obxr's gains after install? Didn't feel like a solid pair of 1 7/8s or anything but definitely worth the price and value... Any issues with yours?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree with you to a point but an electric water pump is a bad example IMO. To me, I do not trust them. Electronic moving parts just don't seem to last as well as simple mechanical ones in my experience.

The other thing being something you touched on...he might have only got 13 hp now, but the way it carries up top will greatly compliment a cam setup. The gains will also improve with a better breathing engine. It's a mod that will continue to show it's worth and it isn't a wear item.

As far as the loss down low, on my car even when it was stock stall I noticed no low end loss but over 3500rpm it was a HUGE difference over the ls1 intake.

The price is high, but that's why I bought used. I have under $600 in my intake and TB not including the money I got back selling my stock intake and the rail/injectors that came with the FAST used.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fast will gain alot more with h/c, i picked up 41 hp and tq from 4000-6800... Below that got no loss of hp or tq either
Old 10-26-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

I would def get the 228R cam. That should put you around 380ish with good driveability.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's interesting that the peak torque number was higher but looks like you def lost some torque under the curve, like the fast is really peak oriented compared to the flat ls6 intake. I would brt it will be faster on the track but slightly less responsive on the street at lower rpms...it does look bad *** though I will admit
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats just about the same gains I got ove my LS6 intake with a fast 92/92 setup. 13whp, think 7wtq, I posted that with a BBK testing back to back a few years ago
Old 10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Great thread! I think I should look into a FAST intake with my setup

Quick Reply: Dyno Results After NEW FAST 92 Install .