Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Polluter V.2 CAM ONLY numbers inside!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely agree with te tuning methods. Last time I got my car tuned from another shop somewhere in central NC.... I picked up the car and went maybe 3 miles and turned right around. The car was sluggish had no power just plane drove like crap. I asked if they drove the car and there reply was yes. so i asked how far, and got no reaponse. beat guess is yhey drove in the parking lot. I will never go back there.

It seems like everybody has there own opinions on what is what, but like Martin said, this is what I wanted and yes he did try and get me into a different cam, but my car is not a daily driver. And I ran 1600 rpm today withou lt surging. I'm happy with it
Old 12-29-2012, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

every time Jonathan tweeked on my tune it drove better and the rpm at which it would surge dropped ... great daily driveabilty from a big cam and i can chug around town at around 1600-1800 comfortably
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 AM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by str8evil
Absolutely agree with te tuning methods. Last time I got my car tuned from another shop somewhere in central NC.... I picked up the car and went maybe 3 miles and turned right around. The car was sluggish had no power just plane drove like crap. I asked if they drove the car and there reply was yes. so i asked how far, and got no reaponse. beat guess is yhey drove in the parking lot. I will never go back there.

It seems like everybody has there own opinions on what is what, but like Martin said, this is what I wanted and yes he did try and get me into a different cam, but my car is not a daily driver. And I ran 1600 rpm today withou lt surging. I'm happy with it
I'm glad you're happy with it Mike, that is all that matters to us here. Making the big numbers as I said earlier is just an added bonus. If at any point in time you feel like the tune is inadequate we will look it over, and try and tweak it again for free. If anyone else is interested in our tuning here is some more information regarding that aspect:
http://www.tickperformance.com/custom-dyno-tuning/
Originally Posted by weldermike27408
every time Jonathan tweeked on my tune it drove better and the rpm at which it would surge dropped ... great daily driveabilty from a big cam and i can chug around town at around 1600-1800 comfortably
Mike,

Your car went from being an average stroker H/C/I car before you brought it to us, to afterwards making over 520rwhp with a set of CNC 243 heads!!! That's seriously bad ***! Now, your cam and heads really were the reason it made so much power, but it just needed a little coaxing to get all of the ponies possible out of the set-up.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:12 AM
8 Second Club

Received 700 Likes on 441 Posts

I drove nearly every day logging data with the laptop......tweaking the tune.
Same for the drag strip runs.

Ron
Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM
FormerVendor

Ron,

That is the only way to truly get it right, we try to spend as much time as we can with the time frame we're allotted. Tuning just isn't for everyone though and it really is an art form as I'm sure you well know doing your own tuning.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Smile

this is just FYI. I been reading this thread as I am almost ready for a cam only install. Many 2000 models the later builds had 241 heads as does my 2000. So the 241 started late 2000 not 2001 just to clear that one for some people who have 2000 cars and dont know
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dhctss
this is just FYI. I been reading this thread as I am almost ready for a cam only install. Many 2000 models the later builds had 241 heads as does my 2000. So the 241 started late 2000 not 2001 just to clear that one for some people who have 2000 cars and dont know
Thank you for the FYI sir!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking to my boss at the moment, think ill be calling you for his setup pretty soon. If my friend doesnt come thru I may also be doing this route. Very awesome work and just reading what people say about you and the products is second to none.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Capown
Talking to my boss at the moment, think ill be calling you for his setup pretty soon. If my friend doesnt come thru I may also be doing this route. Very awesome work and just reading what people say about you and the products is second to none.
What he is looking to do with his set-up along with your friend?

We always try to go above and beyond customer expectations in regards to customer service!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

those are really nice numbers. nice dyno graph too. thats pretty badass you guys can pull those numbers on a budget setup (without kooks or a FAST or even ported stock heads)

Sounds mean as hell too. any videos of the car in action?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spectre86
those are really nice numbers. nice dyno graph too. thats pretty badass you guys can pull those numbers on a budget setup (without kooks or a FAST or even ported stock heads)

Sounds mean as hell too. any videos of the car in action?
Mike's car still has the stock 10 bolt under it so he is trying to carefully bide his time until we sling a big bad 9" underneath it.

If and when Mike ever wants to really get after a power number, this thing is going to rock out.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Matt@Tick

It really does the best of both. It would wake right up on the juice.

The main reason I changed the design was for valve train stability. Some had valve train issues with the xer lobes it was ground on. It was also extremely peaky due to its 53 intake valve close event from the 242 duration intake lobe and the cam having no advance. As you can see the torque and under the curve gains are very impressive. I will overlay the before and after graphs tomorrow. Search any of the old cam only threads or go to our website and compare under the curve power. Smaller intake lobe, earlier ivc event still makes more peak power.
I hate to bring this back but I have a question related to this thread.

Do you have an comments on street driveability of the polluter v1 vs the v2?

Quick Reply: Polluter V.2 CAM ONLY numbers inside!