Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

2006 M6 GTO - AI Heads/EPS Cam/FAST Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts

It's a nice combo.

Bozz, for an LS2, I would expect upper 400s easier than an LS1. It has more CID and more bore. It should be good for 15ft-lbs out of the gate and at least that much HP. And one thing to note: EPS cam. I've never seen a dyno with an EPS cam taking a ****.

I recommend AI to folks. They make good heads. In the right combo, they do well. Have their been some poor examples? Sure. In at least one case, the cam was not right at all for the heads.

Now, do I wish Phil did things a little differently with regards to customer service/communication? Yes. But, I won't hold that against him.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
That is badass, I have the same cam in my 5.7 but my heads are some lightly hand ported 799s. Do you know how much yours are milled?

And yes, this cam puts the old 230/224 reverse split cam I had to shame everywhere in the powerband. It feels like it picked up 50ft/lbs down low over the old combo. It drives amazing but then pulls hard as hell from anywhere in the powerband.

One of these days I need to go full port on the heads and get some 1 7/8" headers.

BTW I have 3" duals with dual cutouts about a foot off the collectors and the car consistently picks up right around a tenth at the track and a mph with them open. I wouldn't be surprised if the gain was from it rather than the timing.

Do you know what you're timing ended up at? I kept getting faster up until I hit 27.5*
I have the same cam it and it made the most power at 27.5*
Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a dam nice setup and sharp car, good numbers. il bet it is a blast to drive. and sounds mean as hell cutouts open.

Quick Reply: 2006 M6 GTO - AI Heads/EPS Cam/FAST Intake