Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

What can I expect from my first dyno and run?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 01:46 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
I'll post the dyno's when I get them. Do a search on my name ... JEB99TA ... and you'll pull up a post in Gears & Axles. The average estimate (from prominent members of this board) is about 340 RWHP and about 350 RWTQ ... not the figures you are giving.

And my ride, well, it's not that great a aprt of my life, but, I do enjoy it a lot ... mainly becasue my son and I bond by working on it and seeing the results of the mods that he helps me with.

If I have such poor RWHP, then, why do I keep beating these other cars? As I stated earlier. I may very well have been mistaken about the Mustangs being '03 or '04 Cobra's. One of the guys I beat told me his was a '03 Cobra. I don't know why he would lie, especially after I beat him.

Anyway, I'll post dyno and times in less than two weeks. If I produce the ****-for-RWHP you say I will, I'll personally post the biggest apology you have ever had ... both to you and everyone else. Fair enough?
i have no problem admitting im wrong, but you wont get 340-350rwhp with the mods you have. unless your running the cutout and borla open. even 330rwhp is a bit generious assuming your around 300rwhp stock. 98-99' gain the most with shorties but even at that there almost not worth the swap. the jba's arent even 1 3/4 if i remember right. the Y pipe aint worth much either over the stock one especially only at 2.5" diameter. FRA, MAF de-screen, TB bypass, TB bumpstop shaved, K&N, 160 PwrStat, bellows, NGK-TR6, and 8.5mm Magnacor wires are worth maybe 10rwhp. your only saving grace is the borla Adj w/Q-tech elec cutout. and dont kid yourself about the superships "tune"

im not degrading your ride and apologize if it comes off that way, im just telling you like it is. i think your are way optimistic at 340rwhp/350rwtq.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:58 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok JEB, i searched your name. all i found was a bunch of newbies, not prominent members, taking stabs at your numbers trying to win your free gears. and if you had 3.23's then that means you have an a4 which means i further more call on your optimism of 340rwhp and beating any 03 cobra and i question the mach one unless it was an a4 also. and beating an LT1 is no special feat, there down 50rwhp from the get go stock for stock, so that LT1 even with the mods he has is luck to get to 300rwhp.

why is it you'll take the word of the people in the gear/axel forum over us guys in the engine forums. i've been here long enough to act like i know a little something somthing
Old 05-30-2004, 03:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

320 rwhp isn't ****! Especially with nothing major done on an older car. Newer cars do better due mostly to having better manifolds (probably flow almost as well as your shorties) and the LS6 intake manifold. At 320 rwhp, if you assume say 15% drivetrain loss that is 375 flywheel hp. That's not too shabby. (at 12% loss it's still like 365 flywheel, but I like to assume 15% ) Look at my car!!! 98 Z28 A4 with LONGtube headers, true duals, no cats, and a lid. What did I make?? 320/337!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Thanks JRP

You and the Colonel are the best. Thanks for your honest opinion and this is the reason for my thread here. To get this kind of time and effort from YOU is a very gratifying thing. Now, I know what to expect when I dyno. I didn't want to be disappointed with the numbers if I was expecting too much.

I have beaten several corvettes (I'm sure they were stock[345 flywheel]), the Mach I (Ford advertises them at 330 HP @ the crank), and the LT1 produced his slip with his BEST ET of 12.7. His average is prob around 12.9-13.2. I don't know why you'd doubt that my car beat these Ford guys with the low numbers that they are rated at stock ... and the numbers they are running at the track. How can the RWHP be so high for the Cobra's Mach I's if they are stock.

I'll post the dyno and also the ET slips (not just the best ET time). Give me 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, they'll be a little better than your calculations, but, like I said, you're JRP. I think you'll be pretty-much on-the-money.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Thread Closure ... please observe Memorial Day and NEVER forget 9/11.

Well, this will be the last post in this particular thread for me. Thanks to a lot well-intending, experienced folks here, I know what to expect on my first dyno and am sorta' disappointed that I won't be making more RWHP/RWTQ than I had hoped for, but, going into my first dyno, well, maybe I will see a little more than what I expect now. For all of those who were so helpful, well, it's greatly appreciated. You've helped me a lot.

For the one particular person who was so destructively abrasive, I hope you chnage. Life is waaaay too short to go through with such a sour attitude. My brother is a lot like you and I pray he changes and gets to see how good life really is.

All said, I'm 46 and have been on two combat tours. I enjoy seeing that my service meant something. What I mean, is that, many have fought and died so that EVERYONE has the freedom to speak openly here. Hope all of you honor our nations dead this Memorial Day Weekend ... and those from other nations who have preserved freedom for us all.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen.. Still going to get around 315 rwhp