Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car and nice numbers!!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone... I know this has been done many times before. Just wanted to throw it out there and contribute something possibly useful to others.

Doing my first HPDE/track day in a couple weeks. All this extra powah certainly isn't going to help me, but I am excited either way!
Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aaronc7
Ever since I did the heads/cam I've been getting the notorious clutch sticking after a few high rev shifts. Put in the Tick master yesterday, got to adjust it today. Hope it fixes my issues, or at least makes it bearable enough for the track day lol! A few months down the road I plan on upgrading the clutch.
That's clutch slippage you're getting causing the pedal to stick from the fluid heating up. It happened in my h/c car in the taller gears. Replace the clutch before doing any road racing; you're just asking for trouble on a road course.

Jason
Old 02-12-2015, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No clutch slippage....it grips just fine. It's distinctly related to high rpm/fast shifts, not taller gears or anything. Either way it seems be quite a bit better after the tick master. I put the car thru its paces pretty well a few weeks ago and it held up pretty good. Still want to do clutch in the near future but no way I can pull that off before the event, so I can just hope for the best at this point.

Quick Reply: AI 226cc heads and PatG EPS cam dyno results