TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
On how much spray?
It's n/a.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Vetteboy knows his ****......you guys would be ahead if you paid attention. Like him i have trap 130~ with my bolt-on ls6 n/a, with a best of 131. It is very doable. My ls6 is in a camaro with about a 3250 raceweight and went 10.9 @129.xx last time out. Vetteboy really gets his car to boogie through the 1/8, i wish mine got through the 1/8 like his but it's my dd and not a drag car so to speak.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Vetteboy knows his ****......you guys would be ahead if you paid attention. Like him i have trap 130~ with my bolt-on ls6 n/a, with a best of 131. It is very doable. My ls6 is in a camaro with about a 3250 raceweight and went 10.9 @129.xx last time out. Vetteboy really gets his car to boogie through the 1/8, i wish mine got through the 1/8 like his but it's my dd and not a drag car so to speak.
I have no doubts he went 9.6 at 141 cam only with stock suspension in his c5, hence why I'm now
Old 03-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
I have no doubts he went 9.6 at 141 cam only with stock suspension in his c5, hence why I'm now
That's the first accurate statement you have made thus far.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GARY2004Z06
That's the first accurate statement you have made thus far.
well Its hard to believe, but I like to believe in my fellow man. It just prooves vetteboy knows his **** better than just about everyone else in the country Big name shops included. He should start his own perfoemance shop. Anyone who can get that out of his cam only ls6 is an absolute magician and the car community needs that sort of incredible talent He'd be the next John Hennessy or Lingenfelter
Old 03-05-2015, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Here's what you run into goose......shops sell you parts.....most want to agree with what the customer wants to sell/install said parts. There is no prerequisite to make your car perform.....just sell/install the parts one asked for so they can talk/brag about said parts.

Personally i would much rather have a well tuned over performing ........well not really over performing but performing as it should bolt-on engine than a under performing cam only or h/c engine.

Guys like vetteboy, gary and myself to some extent seem to exploit that as where most would rather shove a cam in a car and talk about it. Op's numbers are very low if that is dynojet hp for a cammed ls6. By bolt-on ls6 would do about 430whp/407wrq on a dynojet for example.

Remember these engines are already very high performance sbc's.....there is **** goin on in these engines we could only dream about in the 80's.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well Its hard to believe, but I like to believe in my fellow man. It just prooves vetteboy knows his **** better than just about everyone else in the country Big name shops included. He should start his own perfoemance shop. Anyone who can get that out of his cam only ls6 is an absolute magician and the car community needs that sort of incredible talent He'd be the next John Hennessy or Lingenfelter
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but if you stay open minded and believe you don't know it all you tend to learn more, progress quicker, and seek out the knowledge it takes to get to the next level. That has been a formula that has helped me get better.
And as you probably know there's no one person. We have a talented group of friends who are all passionate about racing, achieving goals, and focusing on the finer details of performance. It's a true team effort. And since I personally don't own a shop I'm willing to help anyone on the forums and at the track with their setups and piloting a manual down the strip as I mentioned to the OP in this thread. And I hope you know that most of the parts you get from performance shops are not max-effort but geared toward the masses.

We ran 9.6 in competition not focusing on et only. I have no doubt we would see low 9.5x in great air at a track rental with some tweaks cam-only or go aftermarket heads and shoot for mid to low nines. We'll see.
There's plenty of videos floating around of this car running solid times as both a street car and the purpose built car it is today.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
Everyone's entitled to their opinion but if you stay open minded and believe you don't know it all you tend to learn more, progress quicker, and seek out the knowledge it takes to get to the next level. That has been a formula that has helped me get better.
And as you probably know there's no one person. We have a talented group of friends who are all passionate about racing, achieving goals, and focusing on the finer details of performance. It's a true team effort. And since I personally don't own a shop I'm willing to help anyone on the forums and at the track with their setups and piloting a manual down the strip as I mentioned to the OP in this thread. And I hope you know that most of the parts you get from performance shops are not max-effort but geared toward the masses.

We ran 9.6 in competition not focusing on et only. I have no doubt we would see low 9.5x in great air at a track rental with some tweaks cam-only or go aftermarket heads and shoot for mid to low nines. We'll see.
There's plenty of videos floating around of this car running solid times as both a street car and the purpose built car it is today.
Its awesome what you have done with that car. Just a couple of years ago the fastest cam only c6z was still slower than your bolt on c5 times. My hat's off to you and your group of friends. You guys could make a killing if you banded together and repeated those results on other people's cars. With 9.5 cam only you should be able to hit 8s with ease right. Just some new heads and suspension work and your there right? Incredible.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Incredible a cam only c5 is faster than this

Old 03-05-2015, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Incredible a cam only c5 is faster than this

WORLDS Quickest ZR1 9.68 @ 1/4 mile - 885HP (Darth Vader) - YouTube
Racecar vs. street car = no comparison.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its awesome what you have done with that car. Just a couple of years ago the fastest cam only c6z was still slower than your bolt on c5 times. My hat's off to you and your group of friends. You guys could make a killing if you banded together and repeated those results on other people's cars. With 9.5 cam only you should be able to hit 8s with ease right. Just some new heads and suspension work and your there right? Incredible.
Not in this to make money, it's a hobby.
Many years ago we went 9.98 @ 138.80 when my car was a street car and SBE 346 heads/cam. We drove the car to the track on a street night ran a 9 and drove home 1 hour each way with basically no tools and/or adjustment to the car.
Many people since then have utilized some of our R&D and incorporated it into their own setups including:
TFS 215 heads with our cc and valve seat angle
American Racing Headers in 1 7/8th
Bogart rims
Hoosier 255 50 16 tires
Lingenfelter 2 step
Pedal stop
Yella Terra lightweight rockers
etc...
Not saying we were the first to use these individual parts but we were one of the first to put them all together and get them to work in a 346ci street car for the drag strip. We definitely helped prove some parts were worth their weight in Al like the TFS 215 head for a 346.
A few years after the crew put together an auto c5 vette with most of the same stuff and it has run 10.2x in street car form. And there's a few others that have run very well utilizing most of the same setup.
The vette suspension is damn good from the factory for drag racing so unless you have a full blown race car I don't see the need to change it out for 90% of the racers out there.
I believe a good set of aftermarket heads would put me in the 9.3x range.
The difference between a 9.50 and 8.99 is enormous and takes a lot more hp and experience than most people might think especially with a manual.
My 388ci motor has been 9.32 and 148mph when my ride was a street car and made 640 whp on a mustang dyno which is another 150-170hp than my current setup. That motor should see 8.9 or better in my car the way it is now if I could get the power to the ground. But that's what it takes to go 8's n/a in a manual.
It's all good whether you are being cynical or not at least someone's learning something.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not being cynical. I was very and i mean very skeptical before because of the incredible numbers that rival 1000hp street cars. Even for a full on race car for you to get those times out of a bolt on or cam only ls6 is judt simply amazing. But as i said before i like to have faith in people and that's an awesome achievement you have there sir
Old 03-05-2015, 05:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of good advice here. I made the mistake of calling members out on BS rather than take a step back and learn from them. The best thing I can take from this site is knowledge. It's actually saved me a lot of money and gained me HP lately lol.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 Cam / Exhaust results w/ vid