Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible

sup guys -
got cam installed and think the torque under 3500 is off due to incorrect a/f and/or low timing. Mods:
stock 241 heads
FAST 92mm intake and NW tbody
85mm maf and bigger TSP lid to fit
1 7/8 speed engineering headers and 3" off road Y, stock WS6 cat-back (single on the left)
SSRA

Can you please post up your dyno graph if you have a/f displayed? Can you also say where the 02 sensor was placed? in header bung or in tailpipe? In my attached graph, it was in header bung. I believe its about .4 leaner if done in tailpipe.

I also think mid-range torque at peak torque is off slightly from being too rich by a little bit; I think there are gains to be made there while still being safe.

if you have hptuners, I'd love to see your timing table.
Attached Thumbnails Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible-ws6dynoscreenaf.jpg   Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible-ws6_timing.jpg  
Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here ya go man this was my old ls6 setup with stock 243's f13 cam and a FAST 102/102. Af was 12.9-13.1 the whole way n the header bung. I agree the af on yours has a weird curve especially down low. Every car is different so I wouldnt just go blindly copying other timing tables ya know.

Name:  A450BE83-38B4-449F-AB18-C21727121DA0_zpsbtc9pfew.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  91.0 KB
Attached Thumbnails Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible-timing-curve.jpg  
Old 06-16-2015, 06:36 AM
10 Second Club

awesome thanks dude.
thats what i wanted to see. i'll try it on dyno and log to make sure. i'm only gonna fudge with the 2000 to 3500 zone as i see you make put in about 3 more degrees. i will try in small steps.

side question - do you adjust a/f ratio by adjusting maf table or PE EQ Ratio? I'm reading conflicting methods.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ideally, you'd want about 12.7-12.8 before and after peak tq and about 12.5-12.6 at peak torque. Notice the hump at 3800 as you pass through 12.8:1. At 3800 you are good. Lower, raise your VE a little, above lower your VE. Near redline you are really close. Maybe .5% off.

Set your PE table for the target I listed above and dial in your VE to make commanded match WB.

You've left a little power on the table running rich. I'll take a look at my laptop at home this evening and see what I can post up. You'll always get a little weird looking graph near throttle tip in. Should stabilize within a couple hundred rpm. Could you also post your PE and VE tables?

Last edited by Exidous; 06-16-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
awesome thanks dude.
thats what i wanted to see. i'll try it on dyno and log to make sure. i'm only gonna fudge with the 2000 to 3500 zone as i see you make put in about 3 more degrees. i will try in small steps.

side question - do you adjust a/f ratio by adjusting maf table or PE EQ Ratio? I'm reading conflicting methods.

Only use the maf table to calibrate the maf. Use the PE EQ ratio after your maf is dialed in to get your commanded. For example 14.7/12.5 = 1.176

If you aren't hitting your commanded, then your maf needs some more tuning to get it dialed in. I'm assuming you're running a maf only tune? If you're blending, I would start with the ve table and then work over on the maf.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 AM
Launching!

If you need help calibrating your maf, or need some help in general, send me a pm. I'll help you get it setup.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

hi guys - thanks again.
Main VE and PE tables attached, as well as 3 logs from the highway, showing commanded AFR. one of the logs is 2nd gear WOT and the other 2 are 3rd gear WOT.

My maf table should be dead on as the car was tuned and it idles great (except cold start stalls it out if i try to move before some temp is built up).

Obviously i'm new to this and just trying to take my combo to the level where I think it should be. I think the peak HP is good and in line with other dyno's I've seen, but I feel the torque is not where it should be (even before cam and intake I was making more torque under 3500).
Attached Thumbnails Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible-pe_table.jpg   Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible-mainve.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
commandedAFR2ndgearWOT.hpl (3.4 KB, 55 views)
commandedAFR3rdgearWOT.hpl (3.6 KB, 51 views)
commandedAFR3rdgearWOT2.hpl (3.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 06-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Are you running open loop, or just not capturing fuel trims? Can you send me your tune? I'd like to look at a couple of things. In your first post your afr is all over the place. After I take a look, I'd like to see some pulls with maf disabled and maf only, using some histograms.

Quick Reply: Cam only guys - looking to see your dyno and a/f ratio, and timing if possible