Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

[VR] Shark Grey C7 Z06 A8 - VR Stage I and Stage II - Results and Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default [VR] Shark Grey C7 Z06 A8 - VR Stage I and Stage II - Results and Pics!

A client of ours out of NC picked up a shark grey 2015 C7 Z06 auto and was looking to extract more potential out of the LT4 platform. After installing a aFe intake system himself, he drove it for about 200 miles until he ultimately decided he needed more power. He brought down the car to us and we went over some options. He decided that he wanted to go with a stage 1 setup to start.

For those of you that have not seen the shark grey in person, it really is an awesome color on the C7Z. Matched with the black accents, the color really brings a mean but stealthy look.

Modifications Installed:

VR Stage I C7 Z06

aFe Momentum Cold Air Intake
VR Upper Pulley Kit (2.35" Upper with 10 Bolt Hub)
160* Thermo Stat
Custom VR ECU Calibration (street and dyno)

The car picked up tremendously on both power and torque, and greatly improved the driving experience by improving throttle response and such high torque low in the power band. As you can see by the baseline vs. upper pulley results, the car picked up 41.87whp / 68.98wtq for final numbers of 617.92whp / 682.26wtq on the peak end but the area under the curve is the real story. With all of that gain, the car really does well on the street!

After driving around on that setup for awhile, he did what a lot of our customers usually do...he came back for more!

VR Stage II C7 Z06

ARH Long Tube Headers and X-Pipe
B&B Fusion Catback Exhaust
Updated Custom VR ECU Calibration

The result? This VR Stage II C7 Z06 is now putting down 635.04whp / 695.49wtq! Thanks to the B&B catback and ARH headers, it also sounds as fast as it is.

The Kalahari interior is also a nice touch.

For more information on C7Z performance upgrades or any other late model LS modifications, contact us at the shop.

Quick Reply: [VR] Shark Grey C7 Z06 A8 - VR Stage I and Stage II - Results and Pics!