Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Highest NA RWHP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know one that is higher than that too...Atleast I think it is...Saw it in OC,MD
Old 06-26-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by VINCE
To actually do this test you would have to get ALL the CLAIMED high horsepower cars in one location. Same dyno, same time of day, and pump gas put in by independent person. If this is not done then anyone can claim anything.

Most people who race ask for a more aggressive setup. Usually that means more compression. Therefore not being pump gas friendly. Also depending on where you live will cause your compression to be lower or you to run less timing on HOT DAYS. Well I live in Florida and Futral Motorsports made it a point to keep my compression safe even though I told them I can reduce timing with the timing tuner. I even suggested running a bigger cam to bleed off compression, but Futral Motorsports told me to stick with the original plan. Which was building a potent, idle perfect, street car. Well that is what was delivered to me on June 22nd. Am I picky? Yes, I drove around with my scan tool and verified my timing was 28 degree's at WOT. No KR on pump gas in Louisiana. How do I know? I filled the car up. I drove the car all the way back to Florida using 93 octane and I saw no KR. On day two of having the car home it was especially HOT. To be exact it was 97 degrees out at 1pm. I took a friend for a ride and we both could hear knocking when I hit 5krpm on a quick blast. I pulled out my scan tool to verify. I saw 3 degrees retard. I got out of the car and used my nifty timing tuner and reduced timing to a MAX of 6 degrees. I forgot to mention I had already reduced timing that morning because I knew it was going to be hot. Anyway, I took my car for another blast and no KR. It drove perfect on 22 degree's of timing on a VERY HOT Summer day. My compression is 11.7:1. My cam is not much bigger than the Trex that is going in 346's. Allan Futral wanted to keep the low rpm tq high to maintain driveability and reduce bucking below 2krpm. I have 3.73's and I think my old 4.10 combo would have been perfect for this setup NA, but on the spray on the street, 3.73's are better.

Basically what I am trying to say is depending on the combo, location where customer lives, finances available to customer and integrity of the engine builder/tuner will determine what is pump gas friendly.
That's a great story and all, but if you're going to try to call something a 'street-car', it needs to run on 93 Octane without the driver having to check for KR every time he goes to WOT. Dan Millen could put 93 Octane in his Mustang, but he'd have to run about 12 degrees of timing and about 4 psi of boost. Still doesn't make it a street-car. Nor does the fact that he took it to Burger King.

And I'm not one to play the dyno queen game. As long as my car gets down the track faster than the guys in the next lane, I don't care how much power he makes on the dyno.

My point is that if you're going to build a motor that's going to require a mix of 103/93 to go to WOT on motor, you might as well build a motor that's going to take 116 to run. Why not run 14.5:1/15:1 compression and make much more power?
Old 06-26-2004, 05:29 PM
12 Second Club

ok, I thought I posted more info about myself in a previous post, but I didn't.

The car isn't mine. I have done some work on it. I will probably do some more work on it when I get back from summer break. Part of the part that I worked on was responsible for about 20rwhp in a good way

They are estimating that the car will run 9.30s at worst. It has run within a half second of that before...
Old 06-26-2004, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

I was about to say, I dont recall Cheston saying anything about puttin an LS1 in his Imp on the other forum
Old 06-26-2004, 05:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by AdioSS
They are estimating that the car will run 9.30s at worst. It has run within a half second of that before...

Hmm... Should have that covered

Im pretty sure I know who it is now, if so, really looking forward to seeing it run it should be badass!
Old 06-26-2004, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

have I said too much?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

would I be going way too far by saying that the owner is considering putting nitrous on it IN ADDITION to what it's already making. That should be able to get 4 digit HP numbers at the crank
Old 06-26-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Are you talking about Fereday's Black Z28?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
I know one that is higher than that too...Atleast I think it is...Saw it in OC,MD
That one is in a Corvette right?

I know of another one that is not around here.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
That's a great story and all, but if you're going to try to call something a 'street-car', it needs to run on 93 Octane without the driver having to check for KR every time he goes to WOT. Dan Millen could put 93 Octane in his Mustang, but he'd have to run about 12 degrees of timing and about 4 psi of boost. Still doesn't make it a street-car. Nor does the fact that he took it to Burger King.

And I'm not one to play the dyno queen game. As long as my car gets down the track faster than the guys in the next lane, I don't care how much power he makes on the dyno.

My point is that if you're going to build a motor that's going to require a mix of 103/93 to go to WOT on motor, you might as well build a motor that's going to take 116 to run. Why not run 14.5:1/15:1 compression and make much more power?
Bro, my car is a street car. My car has a tag on it. I dont have to check for KR everytime I get in my car. I know where to set my timing in Florida. In Louisiana I was able to run on 93 Octane w/out reducing my timing. I had my setup built a certain way and that is what I received. If Dan Millen has a tag then he has a street car. Especially if he went to Burger King in it. If Dan Millen lived in Antartica he would be able to run on pump gas w/out changing a thing. If you remember in my STORY I mentioned a certain factor. Location of where the customer drives their car is very important. It just so happen it's SUMMER TIME in Florida and that is where I live. When things cool down I will be able to run 28 degrees of timing with no problem. I dont get your logic on what I should have done because I did not do what you think I should have done. I make my own decisions bro.

My car on 22 degrees of timing and pump gas is still making over 500rwhp. I am the one to play the dyno game because I built the car for the streets and not for the track. The dyno is a tool and just that. Building a car that runs ONLY on 116 makes no sense in my case. My car see's much highway time. The last time I checked you cant get 116 at every gas station.

I guess all the 03/04 Cobras I run into that have two programs for their cars so they can run more timing when they race do not have street cars. I guess all the guys in our FI section that take measures to prevent KR do not have street cars. I could go on and on, but like I said b4. If you want to see what ALL the high dyno'ing cars really make on the dyno on pump gas you have to get them all together at the same location with an independent individual pumping 93 octane into each car.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since when did ls1tech turn into a guessing game? This is childish...

"well, i know someone that can kick all your asses".... IMO spill it or delete the thread
Old 06-26-2004, 09:18 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SSactionLs1
Since when did ls1tech turn into a guessing game? This is childish...

"well, i know someone that can kick all your asses".... IMO spill it or delete the thread
I totally agree..
Old 06-27-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes ben it is xxxxxxxxs car its going to surprise a lot of people ..........you will belive it when everyone sees it.....
Old 06-27-2004, 12:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

vince dont play into this troll's game. who cares what he or any other troll thinks. if you drive the car on gandy "spiritedly" or whereever, then it is truely a street car. most dont understand 93 degrees EVERY DAY means 106 humiture every dang day. some of these guys running rediculus cams, open headers, no seats, 2900 lbs buckets claiming they are street cars because they have a tag on them, lol. whatever.

as for this dude running his mouth about "someone elses car" - who gives a rats ****. unless YOUR car can back it up, shut it.

- rant off.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Damn Gator...straight to the point

Vinces car is most certainly a street car. It was driven home from Louisiana to Florida with the AC on getting over 20 mpg and will idle at 950 rpm. Id say thats a street car.

As for the hot weather here in Florida....yes...its HOT right now. If I could take a few degrees out of my stock 2.2 liter GMC Sonoma I would...its pings daily right now.
Vince is just smart for having some control of his motor and keeping it safe.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by AdioSS
Where do you folks keep up with these highest numbers? Who has the highest HP all motor?

you were'nt very specific, but this c5 we back halved has a c5r engine in it.. vette doctors did the engine,we did the car.. heres a quote from carmen of the vette doctors off the corvette forums...

"This new set up makes over 650 rwhp With 488 rear end gears. The converter is still not what we want so that's more testing we have to do. Our goal is to put this car in the 8s on motor. Then we will be on to the juice."

hers a pic.. jay Nrc motorsports
Attached Thumbnails Highest NA RWHP?-engine-pic.jpg   Highest NA RWHP?-back-half-c5-075.jpg  
Old 06-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Restricted User

Apples to Oranges...pump gas to race gas...low boost to high boost...low compression to high compression...small shot of N20 to big shot...we are all here to help each other. Vince, you built your motor the way YOU wanted and it runs GREAT. Some people on here nit-pick a little too much.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey vince you have an unbelievable set up bro! I want one built for me and I am going to wait for an all aluminum ls2 block. Let us all know when you rape some 03 cobras!!!!!!!!!! Show them who ownes the street, but try not to get a wreckless driving ticket while doing it. ha ha. When are you going to dyno your motor on the two stages of N20 standing by? What size stages are you feeding it? Where is it spraying? Is it a direct port set up?
Old 06-27-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i do not know what you guys are talking about... but if it is stevens car, then i would have seen this guy at the shop, so i guess he is talking about someone else... but we still have things to do on stevens car, but chuck did post some pics of it in the racers lounge
Old 06-27-2004, 03:02 PM
Launching!

I think if you ask him what school he goes to it will tell you what car he is talking about.

Quick Reply: Highest NA RWHP?