Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Highest HP/TQ Bolt on C5Z? 442/395.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
I'm down with that. Still keeps this fun and interesting.
Nobody leave but cut out the personal insult chit.

It can be a fun goal for Scott to shoot for 125 at the same time he can snag a mid-11.
The car is capable of 10's.

So Scotty here's my input.

If mph is the goal for now than that Hoosier drag radial is what you want. It will et great too but a little more challenging to launch in your car.
With the 3.42's you'll need to launch higher and keep the rpms up. Im not recommending how high to buzz it but the higher you shift the faster it will go.
I've spun my bolt-on setup over 7000 rpms on every pass I was interested in running a PR. It was always in very good air.
Get a set of gto spares for temporary skinnies and put a bias ply front runner on them.
As for drag alignment in general try to get close to zero on everything. Max caster, no adjustment for crown, and some minor toe in on the fronts. Doesn't have to be perfect but safe. Just setup car equal on both sides with slightly positive rake with you in the car before alignment. 1/2 inch is good but make sure the car is in exact race form and tires @ 18 psi ish. Lowering on stock bolts has no ill affect on launch.
Practice until you get a negative air day and then flag me down and we'll make a run at that 125.

There's enough above to net you 5 mph.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:54 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Bet. $20
Deal!

Good man, I like to see some confidence in one's own car and abilities.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotty2000ss
Line lock, Hoosier drag radials, short belt, mechman alt (on it's way), rear aero panels, track toon (hopefully) and possibly valve springs. I've have the springs and rockers since last year but can't install the rockers because it's a no go on the CF fast list. After watching my goPro vids it seems I was shifting at 6700-6800 most of the time. I'd like to raise my limiter to 7200 but the stock springs are a risk. I have the BTR platinums sitting in a box.

Scotty what is the gain in going to the mechman alternator?

Quick Reply: Highest HP/TQ Bolt on C5Z? 442/395.5