Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Mamo 223 fast and cam results (c5z)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BGallegos
The clutch seems to be dragging,the car rolls a little while I try to put in gear and the shifter is super tight and hard to get into gear(mgw). I'm going to be changing it out for a monster twin disk. I had toyo r888 on it these runs on 18s. I just ordered mt et and am going down to 17s and skinnies in the front.
What exact tires?

Put a new slave in and bleeder.
How about a Tick master cylinder too?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
What exact tires?

Put a new slave in and bleeder.
How about a Tick master cylinder too?
Yup bought all that too. It's all sitting on my floor I just need to get the motivation to do the swap. Et street R 315/35
Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yup bought all that too. It's all sitting on my floor I just need to get the motivation to do the swap. Et street R 315/35
More tire than you need but we can make it work.
Let me know next time you get out and I get you squared away.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

The clutch seems to be dragging,the car rolls a little while I try to put in gear and the shifter is super tight and hard to get into gear(mgw). I'm going to be changing it out for a monster twin disk. I had toyo r888 on it these runs on 18s. I just ordered mt et and am going down to 17s and skinnies in the front.
The tolerances are not within range that monster requires, that is the reason it is moving and trying to put it in gear is hard. Per monster you should have no less than .0625" and no more than .200" tolerance when assembled. I had the same problem of the car wanting to move when staged. Put a new clutch in because i did not have any tolerance between the pressure plate fingers and the slave. Made one pass and things went south, got with Steve and they replaced the disk and pressure plate, said there was a problem with the pressure plate so got the new one installed and used the proper shim to get in range and man will it shift now. So if your clutch is not used up install your new master and give it a try. Good numbers on your build. Get the launch down and it will run a good ET. With a stick car you need the bias ply tires, radials are not very forgiving.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Keep at it OP. Just need to figure out that clutch and practice. Things will fall into place.

Quick Reply: Mamo 223 fast and cam results (c5z)