Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

LS1 5.7 SBE NA Record Shattered(?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts

It is truly a pleasure to work with people like Jacob and Tony who know how to get the most out of their work. We look forward to participating in your next build!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:15 AM

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,146 Posts

Originally Posted by CAMMOTION PERF
It is truly a pleasure to work with people like Jacob and Tony who know how to get the most out of their work. We look forward to participating in your next build!
Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
Jacob,

Looks like your giving my 220 heads a work out now for sure....LOL

Just awesome results and your 440 ish torque is the key indicator this is on an honest dyno and your number is REAL. Its making the power by carrying the torque and breathing upstairs at higher RPM when there is soooo little time to do so.

Clearly the ported MSD I did for you is in its element now as well.....the whole combo really came together with the move to the SR recently.

On paper (based on flow) I felt my MMS 220 heads were good for that kind of number (640 ish at the crank is probably maxed out and your getting close to that) but it's nice to actually see it in a real world application (your likely right around 600-610 flywheel factoring in your driveline which is more efficient with the modified BC2 I helped you with). Its just a really kick azz package at this point!!

Where we going next!?!? Time to step into some cubes? Stroke and sleeve the block you have now? Its certainly been good to you!

Im really happy for you and understand its no accident either.....your one of those guys that obsesses over finding more performance and keep pushing the envelope and you deserve all the credit for making it happen (I will take a little for helping you with some optimized high flowing efficient parts that helped you get there!....LOL)

Look forward to meeting up with you again one day soon.....let me know the next time you might be in the So Cal area!

Congrats man.....really awesome achievement!

Regards,
Tony

PS....Sorry Im a little late to the party....super busy of late and if it wouldn't have been for a few guys texting me about what you did I would still be clueless!
Both of you, thank you very much. Not just for the kind words, but also top shelf parts and services. Stuff like this does not happen in a vacuum. I'll definitely hit you up next time im in SoCal! I still remember that first phone conversation where you used the words "swing for the fence" and I think we found it! I don't think that any other cylinder head would have done it.

I also think that when you look at a Mamo hydraulic valvetrain, they are about as good as hydraulics get, and it's a testament to the LLSR that is STILL gained good power. Much less over a more typical LS7 lifter-based valvetrain. I honestly doubt I'll ever build another hydraulic set up on a performance build.

So, here's a little peak into the future:

My oldest daughter has a V6 camaro that's coming up on 200K. So, the plan for that is to source a 383 short block and move the entire Mamo / LLSR top end over to the 383 and put it in the camaro. Poor kid... . It has a 3.73 rear and a manual transmission, so I'll also end up sourcing a used T56 to put behind it. It'll keep street tires though to prevent any "damage". LOL

My second daughter is getting married soon, and her future husband blew the 350 in his truck. I have enough parts in the garage to take a used 6.0, build it up a little more potent than stock - 799 heads, a moderate cam, stock rockers, etc. But a Cheyenne is a great foundation for a LS swap and it should be pretty easy. not like the S10. Sorry, Josh, but I couldn't "waste" the mamo heads on a truck motor. . Funny side story, but I told a few friends about this, and they said I don't owe him any favors. He's already getting my daughter and free sex for life. I told them it's not free, it'll cost him every penny he makes for the rest of his life. And I want him to have reliable transportation to support said daughter.

So, as to Ghost Hawk... I'm gonna do that in another thread. it'll be a bit piece-meal, built in phases, but it should be interesting and fun!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

You made a good point. Poor fella....that thang gonna turn him into a slave like the rest of us
Old 02-05-2018, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the numbers! Have you ran it at the track yet?

my h/c/i TA made 496 on a mustang dyno... wish i was able to see what it did on a dyno jet

-Brandon
Old 02-05-2018, 06:34 PM

I ran it last Spring. Went 10.7x at 129.xx. Race weight was around 3480. I didn't run it after the dyno run this time but that was by design. I half expected to limp it home from the dyno. Anyway, too late now. Motors out of the car.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh gotcha.. well congrats again!!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:15 PM

Thanks Man!!
Old 02-05-2018, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Awesome Jaik!
Old 02-05-2018, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 220 Likes on 131 Posts

Outstanding Build,Documentation,& Results!
Looking forward to your next build.
Big Bore 4.155"+ I Hope?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:49 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,510 Likes on 2,163 Posts

Originally Posted by NAVYBLUE210
Outstanding Build,Documentation,& Results!
Looking forward to your next build.
Big Bore 4.155"+ I Hope?
Agree 100%!!!
Old 02-13-2018, 12:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 239 Posts

This build has encouraged me to use LLSR and the msd intake on my build.
In the works is a 405 c.i 4.065 bore iron block with 3.9 k1 crank, scat i beam rods and Je asymmetrical pistons. Pistons are 388 grams abd rods are 610 grams. My Dart heads will be ported by Venom racing . intake is there being ported now and will go on my sbe lq4 with my darts now prior to head porting to see what the msd intake gains over the ported fast 90.
I've been doing a lot of brain picking with "SpeedTigger" Steve from cam motion . My build wont go in car until around July.
I thank you Jake for showing me what a llsr and msd intake can do. Potent combination

Quick Reply: LS1 5.7 SBE NA Record Shattered(?)